+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I received job offer please help to know if it is SCAM

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Scam. A hospital shouldn't have a PO box for their address, the website doesn't work and the area code is for Ottawa which is in eastern Ontario while Durham is in SW Ontario near Toronto. I would suggest at least making sure the website works to determine if it might be a scam.

AamerKhan

Aug 16, 2017
Scam. A hospital shouldn't have a PO box for their address, the website doesn't work and the area code is for Ottawa which is in eastern Ontario while Durham is in SW Ontario near Toronto. I would suggest at least making sure the website works to determine if it might be a scam.
I checked the address. It looked legit to me so I proceeded. Can you throw some light on the DLA Piper and Canadian Western Bank details ple

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The hospital is not legit. Died they ask you for money? The bank exists for sure and so does the law firm although I'm not sure if they work for the law firm or are only using the website. Whatever you do don't give them money. If you posted more details about the offer I can point out more warning signs.

AamerKhan

Aug 16, 2017
The hospital is not legit. Died they ask you for money? The bank exists for sure and so does the law firm although I'm not sure if they work for the law firm or are only using the website. Whatever you do don't give them money. If you posted more details about the offer I can point out more warning signs.
This is what they had sent me.

Durham Memorial Hospital
320 College St,PO Box 638,Durham
Ontario,N0G 1R0,CANADA.
Phone: +1 613-699-5575
Fax: +1 613- 645 -3400
Email: careers@durhamhospital.online
Web: www.durhamhospital.online

Dear MOHAMMED AAMER KHAN

With the approval of the Board of Directors of Durham Hospital,we are delighted to formally offer you an employment to work with us. Find attached Soft Copy of your employment letter which contains terms of employment for your perusal and immediate action if you find the terms acceptable. Upon thorough review and acceptance of this Contract Package, dot your signature in the space indicated in the last page of the Offer Letter and return same to us via email attachment within a period of 10 working days.You are to immediately make contact with DLA Piper law firm with the below contact details to secure your foreigners employment license duly endorsed by the department of labor within 10 working days.

DLA Piper (Canada) LLP
Suite 2800, Park Place,666 Burrard St
Vancouver, British Columbia,V6C 2Z7,Canada.
Contact Person: David Spratley
Tel: +1 604 670 0343
Fax: +1 604 687 9444
Email: inquiry@dlapiperlaw.online
Web: www.dlapiper.com

On getting the foreigners employment license duly endorsed by the department of labor, you should make available to us the below documents for the processing of your Work permit and Visa in line with Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) – Canada Work Permits.

1. Scan copy of your foreigners employment license
2. Scan copy of your duly Signed Job Offer Letter
3. Scanned Copy of International Passport (Data Page)
4. Scanned Copy of Passport Photograph (Colored)

Should you require more information, please feel free to contact us immediately; we await your prompt reply.

Congratulations!

Regards,

Jeff McAllister
Director Human Resources.
Durham Hospital.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is what they had sent me.

Durham Memorial Hospital
320 College St,PO Box 638,Durham
Ontario,N0G 1R0,CANADA.

Dear MOHAMMED AAMER KHAN

With the approval of the Board of Directors of Durham Hospital,we are delighted to formally offer you an employment to work with us. Find attached Soft Copy of your employment letter which contains terms of employment for your perusal and immediate action if you find the terms acceptable. Upon thorough review and acceptance of this Contract Package, dot your signature in the space indicated in the last page of the Offer Letter and return same to us via email attachment within a period of 10 working days.You are to immediately make contact with DLA Piper law firm with the below contact details to secure your foreigners employment license duly endorsed by the department of labor within 10 working days.

DLA Piper (Canada) LLP
Suite 2800, Park Place,666 Burrard St
Vancouver, British Columbia,V6C 2Z7,Canada.
Contact Person: David Spratley
Tel: +1 604 670 0343
Fax: +1 604 687 9444
Email: inquiry@dlapiperlaw.online
Web: www.dlapiper.com

On getting the foreigners employment license duly endorsed by the department of labor, you should make available to us the below documents for the processing of your Work permit and Visa in line with Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) – Canada Work Permits.

1. Scan copy of your foreigners employment license
2. Scan copy of your duly Signed Job Offer Letter
3. Scanned Copy of International Passport (Data Page)
4. Scanned Copy of Passport Photograph (Colored)

Should you require more information, please feel free to contact us immediately; we await your prompt reply.

Congratulations!

Regards,

Jeff McAllister
Director Human Resources.
Durham Hospital.
if its too good to be true, then it probably is fake

this one is definitely fake - i have some experience looking through fraud checks from my earlier jobs - i can safely say this is fake.

AamerKhan

Aug 16, 2017
if its too good to be true, then it probably is fake

this one is definitely fake - i have some experience looking through fraud checks from my earlier jobs - i can safely say this is fake.[/QUOTE

Thank you! Is there any way for us to report these fake organizations? These guys can extort money as and when they can.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Again the hospital doesn't exist. They don't specify what your job is, how much you will be paid, any benefits, etc. I'm not sure if you might be a future victim of identity fraud if you have given them this information. Are you in Canada and have an open work permit? Otherwise you shouldn't have a work permit that would allow you to take any job and come to Canada.

AamerKhan

Aug 16, 2017
Again the hospital doesn't exist. They don't specify what your job is, how much you will be paid, any benefits, etc. I'm not sure if you might be a future victim of identity fraud if you have given them this information. Are you in Canada and have an open work permit? Otherwise you shouldn't have a work permit that would allow you to take any job and come to Canada.
They sent me an offer letter stating my position,pay scale and all the details that are required in an offer letter. I have yet to travel to Canada, I had applied for a PR, I received a mail of Express of interest by Ontario province followed by this mail. They asked me to apply for a Foreigner's Employment License as well which I obtained

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you look at the law firm website it ends in.com but the email address they have provided is .online. They do not work at the law firm and are trying to trick you. Most email addresses in Canada should end in .com or .ca.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They sent me an offer letter stating my position,pay scale and all the details that are required in an offer letter. I have yet to travel to Canada, I had applied for a PR, I received a mail of Express of interest by Ontario province followed by this mail. They asked me to apply for a Foreigner's Employment License as well which I obtained
Where did you apply for a Foreigner's Employment License? That doesn't exist.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Vancouver
DLA Piper (Canada) LLP
Suite 2800, Park Place
666 Burrard St
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6C 2Z7
Canada
T: +1 604 687 9444
F: +1 604 687 1612

They have mixed up the telephone and fax number when they tried to use the real law office information. That would not happen if legit

They also don't have an immigration law department.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The first thing you sent to me referred to the hospital as Durham Memorial hospital yet the fake hr manager calls it durham hospital. Another inconsistency. I hope you will look for these type of clues if you ever get another random job offer. You should not be getting job offers without seeking out job postings on websites like indeed, linkedin, monster, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They made up the document. Did they charge you for it? If the contact you reply that you know it is a scam and stop corresponding with them. Please look for any fraudulent activity with regards to you personal information. I'm not sure if you are able to order a free credit report in the next couple of months and then again later this year since you have provided them with a lot of personal information I would be cautious. In general the scam is pretty unsophisticated and they are just looking for you to pay them for their "services".

Reactions: AamerKhan

AamerKhan

Aug 16, 2017
They made up the document. Did they charge you for it? If the contact you reply that you know it is a scam and stop corresponding with them. Please look for any fraudulent activity with regards to you personal information. I'm not sure if you are able to order a free credit report in the next couple of months and then again later this year since you have provided them with a lot of personal information I would be cautious. In general the scam is pretty unsophisticated and they are just looking for you to pay them for their "services".
I will do just that. Please guide me as to how to stay safe now that I have given them my details.

Thanks a ton again!