+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i got letter from canada bufflo border can i apply for refugee?

alam7866

Aug 26, 2017
Really need help, last year i went USA on B1/B2 Visa and went to bafflo niagra fall and misguidely went to bridge and went to canada immigration and i told the officer i dont want to stay just wrongly come here but he gave me on letter (allow to leave canada act 42(1)) now i m really in serious problem and want refugee on true ground basis could this letter is any rejection or inadmisabilty issue if i go to canada boarder again??? Please help me to give your best opinions asap.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Really need help, last year i went USA on B1/B2 Visa and went to bafflo niagra fall and misguidely went to bridge and went to canada immigration and i told the officer i dont want to stay just wrongly come here but he gave me on letter (allow to leave canada act 42(1)) now i m really in serious problem and want refugee on true ground basis could this letter is any rejection or inadmisabilty issue if i go to canada boarder again??? Please help me to give your best opinions asap.
Do you have any family in Canada?

If not, then safe 3rd country agreement will prevent you from claiming asylum at the border. If you tried you'd just be refused and turned back to USA. You are expected to claim asylum in the USA.

alam7866

Aug 26, 2017
Yes but my sister in law is there? Another query the letter i got has any legal aspect. Almost 12 years before i applied as skilled worker but they refused me with 1 point only as i never want to go as refugee but due to current issue i m taking this deceision. I m an educated guy could it be helpful in my case.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your sister in law doesn't count. Has to be your sister. Are you married? Is your wife with you? How is your sister in law related to you?

alam7866

Aug 26, 2017
Yes i am married and have 1 child and they will come with together. Further i dont want to put my burden as refugee on government i can bear my all expenses. Even i want to contribute as tax payee on priority bases once find job.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Yes i am married and have 1 child and they will come with together. Further i dont want to put my burden as refugee on government i can bear my all expenses. Even i want to contribute as tax payee on priority bases once find job.
What has suddenly changed that you now require refugee status, but previously did not?

If your spouse has a sister living legally in Canada, then you as a family can claim asylum at the land border. However they will be very interested into why you are suddenly claiming asylum when you didn't do previously.

alam7866

Aug 26, 2017
Thank you so much Rob, is it any issue about a letter which i got in last year from bufflo rose bridge as it is mentioned refugee act 42(1) the officer allow me to leave Canada immediately? As i think its represent inadmisbility issue if i come this time do they will consider this letter and any issue to me to enter canada. Looking forward your valuabe suggestion. Or do i have to contact any lawyer.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Obviously, as you had the opportunity last year to enter Canada and claim asylum, the report you received will be on record with CBSA. As Rob_TO has pointed out, there will be issues with why you didn't claim then.