+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got 8.5, 8, 7.5 and 6.5 in LRSW respectively. Is it worthy to go for remark ?

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
Dear All,

I got 8.5, 8, 7.5 and 6.5 in LRSW respectively. Is it worthy to go for remark, as I need another 0.5 in writing. Does anyone have similar experience ?

Please help.

branda5

Apr 30, 2017
Dear All,

I got 8.5, 8, 7.5 and 6.5 in LRSW respectively. Is it worthy to go for remark, as I need another 0.5 in writing. Does anyone have similar experience ?

Please help.
I think you should, as you only need 0.5 and possibility is high according to your other scores. One guy jumped from 5.5 to 6.5 after remark. If remark go well like for this guy to 7.5, you will be CLB10, instead CLB9. Don't forget share the results in case you do it

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
I think you should, as you only need 0.5 and possibility is high according to your other scores. One guy jumped from 5.5 to 6.5 after remark. If remark go well like for this guy to 7.5, you will be CLB10, instead CLB9. Don't forget share the results in case you do it
Thank you branda.. any idea on the last date of submitting application for remarking ? I know it should be done within 6 weeks from the date on Test Report Form. Does this mean 6 weeks from the examination date ?

Last edited:

branda5

Apr 30, 2017
Thank you branda.. any idea on the last date of submitting application for remarking ? I know it should be done within 6 weeks from the date on Test Report Form. Does this mean 6 weeks from the examination date ?
no idea, just know that remark procedure is a headache, like waiting. That's why some prefer redo the test

Reactions: kartheek89

Popat

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Did you follow the tips from the book I sent you? If you did, I highly recommend you to go for remark.

I had similar situation, But I was confident as I included most of the tips from those writing books.

PSGOD77

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
I
Dear All,

Please help.
I have similar score.Need 7 in Writing.Result has been sent for remarking.Waiting for it..........

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
Did you follow the tips from the book I sent you? If you did, I highly recommend you to go for remark.

I had similar situation, But I was confident as I included most of the tips from those writing books.
Hi Popat,

Unfortunately, No :(
I have contacted you for books after my exam.

Popat

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Hi Popat,

Unfortunately, No :(
I have contacted you for books after my exam.
I had
L - 8.5
R - 7
S - 7.5
W - 6

I opted for EoR and got
L - 8.5
R - 7
S - 7.5
W - 7

My case had two odds: 1) There was difference of more than 2 with other section, 2) I was expecting a jump of a band, which I was told not to expect by many. I was confident on my writing, as I tried to include most of the tips mentioned in those books.

I believe If you are confident of your writing, you should opt for EoR.

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
I had
L - 8.5
R - 7
S - 7.5
W - 6

I opted for EoR and got
L - 8.5
R - 7
S - 7.5
W - 7

My case had two odds: 1) There was difference of more than 2 with other section, 2) I was expecting a jump of a band, which I was told not to expect by many. I was confident on my writing, as I tried to include most of the tips mentioned in those books.

I believe If you are confident of your writing, you should opt for EoR.
Thank you for your suggestion Popat.. bdw congrats on your score :)

Reactions: Popat

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Hello all,
I had my IELTs remarked back in November 2016 my score had been L8.5 r7.0 w6.5 s7.0
And after 8 weeks of waiting(it took exactly 8 weeks no sooner no latter) the outcome was dissapointing I had no result change.
Today I received my TRF for May 25 exam and the result is
L8 R 7.5 W6.5 S8 and I decided to apply for remarking.
If I had known that 2 band score difference made remark worthless I wouldn't have applied for EOR back in November.
I am not quite sure that this time remark is gonna make. Anyway, I decided to give a try.
I DONT recommend anyone with 2 band score difference apply for EOR since I assure you that they have double checked your writing again.
Also, I believe this time my writing was better so I might have better outcome.

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
Hello all,
I had my IELTs remarked back in November 2016 my score had been L8.5 r7.0 w6.5 s7.0
And after 8 weeks of waiting(it took exactly 8 weeks no sooner no latter) the outcome was dissapointing I had no result change.
Today I received my TRF for May 25 exam and the result is
L8 R 7.5 W6.5 S8 and I decided to apply for remarking.
If I had known that 2 band score difference made remark worthless I wouldn't have applied for EOR back in November.
I am not quite sure that this time remark is gonna make. Anyway, I decided to give a try.
I DONT recommend anyone with 2 band score difference apply for EOR since I assure you that they have double checked your writing again.
Also, I believe this time my writing was better so I might have better outcome.
I am confused with the 2 band difference. From what I understood, if I have a score of 8.5 in Listening and 6.5 in Writing, examiners will be automatically notified and they go for another round of evaluation. Is this right ?

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
And this refers not only to listening and writing 2 band score difference but any 2 band score difference sections

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
I am confused with the 2 band difference. From what I understood, if I have a score of 8.5 in Listening and 6.5 in Writing, examiners will be automatically notified and they go for another round of evaluation. Is this right ?
Absolutely, furthermore chief examiner of the test centre take charge in rechecking process i.e. he or she checks the work. Therefore, it is less likely that the score will change.

Reactions: kartheek89