+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I-140 approved in US , but moved to canada

Maple_me

Apr 3, 2017
Hi,

My PERM process was with Employer A and I-140 got approved. I moved back to India due to personal urgency.

What the possibilities of continuing the PERM process once move into USA thru another employer using new H1-B , say after one year?

Can I continue my priority date with new employer or start over from scratch? I am not PR/Citizen of Canada.

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
i dont know the answer to your query but i was asking my wife similar question..would be interested to know the answer myself

gprasad.n

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
USA
App. Filed.......
06/2014
Med's Request
12/2014
Med's Done....
01/2015
Passport Req..
04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/2015
LANDED..........
11/2015
You'll retain your priority date, but your new employer has to start from the scratch (PERM) and can use the PD. You have to be in US in a valid visa status when your PD gets current. Your Canadian visa status has nothing to with your GC.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
gprasad.n said:
You'll retain your priority date, but your new employer has to start from the scratch (PERM) and can use the PD. You have to be in US in a valid visa status when your PD gets current. Your Canadian visa status has nothing to with your GC.
Can't I continue to live outside the US when PD becomes current and file via consular processing?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
francaispourquebec said:
Can't I continue to live outside the US when PD becomes current and file via consular processing?
Yes, only if you are going back to the employer who sponsored your last perm/i140. If joining new employer, they start everything fresh before you could file 485 or meet a consular after dates becoming current.

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Maple_me said:
Hi,

My PERM process was with Employer A and I-140 got approved. I moved back to India due to personal urgency.

What the possibilities of continuing the PERM process once move into USA thru another employer using new H1-B , say after one year?

Can I continue my priority date with new employer or start over from scratch? I am not PR/Citizen of Canada.
You should spend some money and talk to a US attorney. Do not get answers from forums like this when it matters to important issues. A lot of people think they know answers but prove to be wrong. You will get an idea reading these answers but when you face reality you will repent.

Dec 14, 2014
h1b2pr said:
You should spend some money and talk to a US attorney. Do not get answers from forums like this when it matters to important issues. A lot of people think they know answers but prove to be wrong. You will get an idea reading these answers but when you face reality you will repent.
Thumbs Up to this one !!