How to start applying for LMIA

djmonay

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Can you please tell me how to start applying for LMIA? I am trying to hire a nanny from other country and I've already read about LMIA but because there's too much information to digest, I am totally confused as to which one should do first. -posting in job bank of paying for lmia fees etc. Please help me. Couldn't find the forms to start with too. :( I'm so exhausted.

Reactions: Colinkim

sgrewal

Apr 18, 2016
Hi, Can you please tell me how to start applying for LMIA? I am trying to hire a nanny from other country and I've already read about LMIA but because there's too much information to digest, I am totally confused as to which one should do first. -posting in job bank of paying for lmia fees etc. Please help me. Couldn't find the forms to start with too. :( I'm so exhausted.
I applied for LMIA and it was approved. You can ask me any question. What specific question you have?

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
It took almost one month and half after I applied
HI.. I just went through your statementwhere you had mentioned that your LMIA has been approved... congratulations dear... I want to apply for LMIA, could you pls. help me out in this regard.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HI.. I just went through your statementwhere you had mentioned that your LMIA has been approved... congratulations dear... I want to apply for LMIA, could you pls. help me out in this regard.
Your employer is the one who needs to apply for the LMIA - not you. Have you found a job offer and employer yet? This is the first step.

sgrewal

Apr 18, 2016
You need to have business number and apply for that at CRA. Once you have business number then you can create a job on job bank. Did you find your nanny online

Reactions: Partyman90

Canmore

Oct 17, 2017
Please help with any recommendations, suggestions in order to get a positive LMIA.

I am just starting the process, I currently have the job posted on kijiji and all jobs, my job bank post is still pending.

maimai83

Mar 8, 2018
I applied for LMIA and it was approved. You can ask me any question. What specific question you have?
Hi there! ☺ Hoping that you could help me answering the LMIA form? i already started with posting ads to three websites. My only problem now is how to fill up the form.I find it too hard and I don’t have 2-3k$ to spare for an agency

janet2018

Mar 16, 2018
@sgrewal I’m looking to hire a nanny to take care of my 6months old. Did you apply for the LMIA on your own or did you use an agency? I called some lawyers and they want $5.2k which is too much. I have the following questions for you:

1. How long did it take you to apply for a business number? Can I do this online? I have to take care of my baby so doing it online would help

2. How many job postings do I need to advertise and for how long? Which websites did you use?

3. How long did the LMIA processing time take?

4. I donwloaded the LMIA form as it seems complicated. Would you help with questions as I fill in the form?

Thanks in advance!!