+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to change visa office after PPR

IsildursHeir

Dec 27, 2015
Hi,

I have just received a PPR document in my account. However, I have changed my country in the meantime, and did not get a chance to notify the authorities yet. What is the best way to get in touch with them, and request for an alternative option? I reached out to the visa office using the web form, but I am not certain that is the best approach - or one applicable for this situation. If anyone has any experience or suggestions that would be much appreciated.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IsildursHeir said:
Hi,

I have just received a PPR document in my account. However, I have changed my country in the meantime, and did not get a chance to notify the authorities yet. What is the best way to get in touch with them, and request for an alternative option? I reached out to the visa office using the web form, but I am not certain that is the best approach - or one applicable for this situation. If anyone has any experience or suggestions that would be much appreciated.
If you have changed country recently (you are in the new country less than a year), you still belong under designated LVO. You need to send passport for stamping there.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
It's your responsibility to inform CIC of the change in your circumstances and that included changing an address.

IsildursHeir

Dec 27, 2015
For anyone else with this situation, go ahead and inform CIC using the Change of Circumstances form on the website. For me, exactly at the end of 5 working days, I got a message in my profile with amended letter asking me to submit my passport at the local VFS / CIC office. It also had extended the timeline by a week, i.e. the instruction was dated as of the date of the revised letter.

manojraja

Mar 11, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
24-05-2016
IsildursHeir said:
Hi,

Hi IsildursHeir,

I am in a similar situation. My PR is in progress and I am moving to Canada with work permit on 18th May.

Should I submit this webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp informing that I will be moving to Canada shortly?

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Hi,

Which form did you fill? Can you please inbox this to me? I am in a similar situation.

For anyone else with this situation, go ahead and inform CIC using the Change of Circumstances form on the website. For me, exactly at the end of 5 working days, I got a message in my profile with amended letter asking me to submit my passport at the local VFS / CIC office. It also had extended the timeline by a week, i.e. the instruction was dated as of the date of the revised letter.
orm

rajabasav

Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

Which form did you fill? Can you please inbox this to me? I am in a similar situation.

orm
Hi averma,
I'm in a similar situation. Only couple of days left to complete 30 days of time to submit passport to Bangalore VO but Now I'm in USA.
Can you tell me what should I do now? I have sent a request via webform a week ago to Bangalore VO for the change of VO office location , didn't receive any mail yet.
I don't have time now can I send my passport to VO office in newyork disregarding whether I receive change of VO office?

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Hi averma,
I'm in a similar situation. Only couple of days left to complete 30 days of time to submit passport to Bangalore VO but Now I'm in USA.
Can you tell me what should I do now? I have sent a request via webform a week ago to Bangalore VO for the change of VO office location , didn't receive any mail yet.
I don't have time now can I send my passport to VO office in newyork disregarding whether I receive change of VO office?
Why would leave it so late? You should send an a reply to the PPR email you recieved and ask for an extension now. You can not send your passport to any other visa office without a ppr letter addressed to that specific visa office.
Email them and ask for an extension and stamping office change.

rajabasav

Sep 17, 2017
Why would leave it so late? You should send an a reply to the PPR email you recieved and ask for an extension now. You can not send your passport to any other visa office without a ppr letter addressed to that specific visa office.
Email them and ask for an extension and stamping office change.
Thank you Sonia,
Yeah I saw mail CPC to submit passport after 10 days, I was think I will get intimation in GC Key login account So I was not checking the mail which I newly created only for Canada Visa information. I sent via IRCC webform the day I saw the mail but till now I have not received any reply from CIC. waiting for it.

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Thank you Sonia,
Yeah I saw mail CPC to submit passport after 10 days, I was think I will get intimation in GC Key login account So I was not checking the mail which I newly created only for Canada Visa information. I sent via IRCC webform the day I saw the mail but till now I have not received any reply from CIC. waiting for it.
Why dont you call urcc and speak to an agent. Its no help just waiting.