+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

Rhythms123

Feb 9, 2017
Hi theresazxl,

I was on my PGWP when I applied late January 2017. I was working as a casual, did not have fixed hours as well. I had some full time hours from a job and from other job was basically all over the place. I just calculated my hours making sure that I have required amount of hours to apply. I have also worked as RPN/LPN and as RN. I combined the hours from two different job category to submit under this stream. My PR got approved in 2 weeks. Now waiting for call from immigration office for interview.
Just make sure you submit everything to prove the hours. I also recommend submitting as soon as possible if you can since processing time changed from 2 months to 3 month now when I checked last week.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

theresazxl

Mar 16, 2016
Rhythms123 said:
Hi theresazxl,

I was on my PGWP when I applied late January 2017. I was working as a casual, did not have fixed hours as well. I had some full time hours from a job and from other job was basically all over the place. I just calculated my hours making sure that I have required amount of hours to apply. I have also worked as RPN/LPN and as RN. I combined the hours from two different job category to submit under this stream. My PR got approved in 2 weeks. Now waiting for call from immigration office for interview.
Just make sure you submit everything to prove the hours. I also recommend submitting as soon as possible if you can since processing time changed from 2 months to 3 month now when I checked last week.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your reply Rhythms123, your information is very helpful!
Just wondering how was your employment reference letter? Were they mentioned about the hour you worked per week above 30 hours? Cause I know the most important point to apply this category is the working hours...

Rhythms123

Feb 9, 2017
Hi theresazxl,

My casual employment reference letter said total hours worked during the time period, in my case it was 13 months. They also said there is no benefits received because it is a casual job however I included the job responsibilities and duties as well with three of my jobs. I think as long as you have proof of hours from all your employers, you will be fine. I submitted, all my pay stubs from two jobs, from one employer I submitted a comprehensive pay stub summary (received it by contracting the payroll directly), all my tax slips and notice of assessment as a proof of hours/employment .

theresazxl

Mar 16, 2016
Rhythms123 said:
Hi theresazxl,

My casual employment reference letter said total hours worked during the time period, in my case it was 13 months. They also said there is no benefits received because it is a casual job however I included the job responsibilities and duties as well with three of my jobs. I think as long as you have proof of hours from all your employers, you will be fine. I submitted, all my pay stubs from two jobs, from one employer I submitted a comprehensive pay stub summary (received it by contracting the payroll directly), all my tax slips and notice of assessment as a proof of hours/employment .
RHYTHMS123, One of my jobs is casual and I only worked there for like 14 shifts in total since I got hired because I found two other part times jobs after that. I am still employed but that casual position but the last shift I took was about last year November. Would it be OK that I just submit the pay slips and T4 but without the reference letter? I was about to quit this job because I have enough hours from the other two parttime job now. Someone suggested that if I don't have the reference letter, then don't use this job as my work experience and work anther 14 shifts to make up the hours.
Did you apply for express entry at that time? I am at 430 and anxiously waiting for the next draw as well. The biggest concern is my PGWP is about to expire and I guess the paper submission would take forever. My family suggested me to book a flight to Alberta and submit the doc. in order to save the delivery time. So afraid that if I could not do it on time and then lose my jobs and everything :(

Rhythms123

Feb 9, 2017
theresazxl said:
RHYTHMS123, One of my jobs is casual and I only worked there for like 14 shifts in total since I got hired because I found two other part times jobs after that. I am still employed but that casual position but the last shift I took was about last year November. Would it be OK that I just submit the pay slips and T4 but without the reference letter? I was about to quit this job because I have enough hours from the other two parttime job now. Someone suggested that if I don't have the reference letter, then don't use this job as my work experience and work anther 14 shifts to make up the hours.
Did you apply for express entry at that time? I am at 430 and anxiously waiting for the next draw as well. The biggest concern is my PGWP is about to expire and I guess the paper submission would take forever. My family suggested me to book a flight to Alberta and submit the doc. in order to save the delivery time. So afraid that if I could not do it on time and then lose my jobs and everything :(
Hi theresazxl,
I do not think you have to show that job if you have enough hours from other two jobs, especially if you are unable submit reference letters and other employment letters. I had express entry invitation but I did not apply for it since it is going to take upto 6 months and I have some other things going on where I did not have that much time to wait. I applied under this stream first before my express entry 90 days period expire. So that even if this does not work, I had a choice but don't worry I understand your situation. Just try to get your paperwork done as quick as you can. And once the paperwork in process, even if you dont get a reply before your PGWP expire, you can apply for an extension work visa until a decision is made, you will be able to keep your job. So the important thing is to collect all the documents needed. Once you have everything in order, the chance of rejection or slowing down is less. Double check all the forms before submitting, check all the documents required. There is also some luck factor, some people are getting it in 2 weeks, and for some it takes 2-3 months. So just be optimistic, everything will turn out good.

EGOSTEIN

Jan 27, 2017
hi RHYTHMS123.
As regards the reference letter, do do i need to put all the job description for the noc? or just the job i performed. Also, do i also need to submit employment letters?

Rhythms123

Feb 9, 2017
EGOSTEIN said:
hi RHYTHMS123.
As regards the reference letter, do do i need to put all the job description for the noc? or just the job i performed. Also, do i also need to submit employment letters?
Hi
I am not sure what you meant by employment letters, is it the job descriptions?. I have submitted job offer letter with reference letter when I didnt get a detailed job description from my employer. The job description for your job is enough. Usually employers provide it like that, according to which unit or what work you do. And it is impossible to put down all the job description for that one particular NOC anyways right? so just your job's is fine. Basically, for each job I submitted a reference letter + a job description and/or my offer letter depending on what I was able to find. You have to have a reference letter and try your best on getting job descriptions, if you can't, then offer letters will do.

jennifer57351

Dec 31, 2016
timeline share:
March 2, doc received by vegreville office
March 14 AOR
March 29 decision made, to be contacted by Etobicoke office
still waiting for the interview
is this means my document approved for sure??

comforter

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
jennifer57351 said:
timeline share:
March 14 AOR
Hello did you pay with credit card?If yes could you let me know when your card was charged?

Thanks

Nin Hannah

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
hello guys, just wanna ask cause I am 3years in college and the requirements now is must be a poat-secondary education. If I am going to study PSW can I apply it as post secondary for permanent residency?

Rhythms123

Feb 9, 2017
jennifer57351 said:
timeline share:
March 14 AOR
Hi
I believe it is already approved and you don't have to worry even though we all still worry until we get the confirmed PR status :).
I got "decision made" email on March 2/2017, I haven't heard back from Vancouver office yet. So I had to call the CIC call centre and they have told me that the email basically saying you are eligible for PR and the immigration officer will sort of validate your document and finalize the PR. I am still waiting, hopefully I will hear back soon.

Rhythms123

Feb 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

My application for caregiver stream (high medical needs) was already completed and a decision made email was received on March 02/2017. Still waiting to hear from Vancouver immigration office. When I contacted CIC customer centre, they said the time period to contact me from Vancouver office was already exceeded so they are going to start an inquiry. A week later after the conversation I called CIC again and they told me that the inquiry was already initiated and they are not able to do anything more from their side. Until now I have not heard anything back from anyone.
I am just worried. Is there anybody on the same boat as I am? Can you guys share timeline for interview appointment? Is there anyone waiting to hear from Vancouver office?

Funsho Heritage

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
van0818 said:
Hi thanks for all your valuable information to the forum. It eases my anxiety and worries. What do you mean summary of 24 month remittances? What is the form called, is it downloadable? My concern is I have missing pay stubs. And I couldn't find it unfortunately. Hope to hear from you Funsho. Thanks

Pay-stubs are only needed if you do not have 2 different Notice of assessment from Canada Revenue Agency to proof your 24 months. However,if you notices of assessment covering 24 months, you don't need pay-stubs. No form to fill. Hope this helps

Rhythms123

Feb 9, 2017
theresazxl said:
Hey Rhythms123, How's your PR progress? I just sent out my application package today
Hi
Thanks for asking. Everything is going well so far. I was just little worried when they took long time to contact me from immigration office for interview but that was because they were planning to come out to northern BC for few days. Now everything is fine and completed.
My time lines are:-
received application January 17, 2017.
Started processing January 24, 2017.
Eligibility letter Feb 13, 2017
Decision made March 02 ,2017
Final interview email April 18, 2017