+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit ( BOWP )

Samineh

Aug 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

I want to apply for the BOWP. It seems that I am eligible based on this page (http://www.canadavisa.com/bridging-open-work-permit.html)

I'm currently working in Canada but my work permit will expire in Feb 2018 and I also applied for the PR under Canadian experience class. I don't have any new job offer and no relative in Canada.

When I am doing this online and want to check my eligibility, it only says that I can renew my visa and it does not show anything about that I can apply for the BOWP.

Is there any specific responses that I should choose in the online eligibility questionnaires? it asked me questions like how long you want to move here? what you want to do? ....

I tried different answers but each time it only leads me to visa renewal or express entry application.

I really appreciate if someone helps me out.

Thanks

Pruthvi

Sep 17, 2017
Hi,
I am Dec 2016 PNP paper based applicant. My work permit is going to expire on Oct 2017. I applied BOWP on June 10 and I waited till august 31 no confirmation and called CIC they told me my R10 completeness check is "on hold"

I forget to attach EMAIL AOR which I got it on March 04, 2017. But recently I attached it with IRCC webform and the notified to Cic customer care and he made a note in my application so that he mentioned VO will look it later.

Got AOR on march 04 and RRPF on April 5th 2017 and paid the fee on the same day, why my R10 is not passed till now. After getting AOR it completed more than 6 months till now why it is in hold.

Does VO reviewed my application and I didn't attached AOR that is the reason my R10 completeness check is on hold or the reason with my PR application.

Reactions: Samineh

Samineh

Aug 9, 2017
Hi,
I am Dec 2016 PNP paper based applicant. My work permit is going to expire on Oct 2017. I applied BOWP on June 10 and I waited till august 31 no confirmation and called CIC they told me my R10 completeness check is "on hold"

I forget to attach EMAIL AOR which I got it on March 04, 2017. But recently I attached it with IRCC webform and the notified to Cic customer care and he made a note in my application so that he mentioned VO will look it later.

Got AOR on march 04 and RRPF on April 5th 2017 and paid the fee on the same day, why my R10 is not passed till now. After getting AOR it completed more than 6 months till now why it is in hold.

Does VO reviewed my application and I didn't attached AOR that is the reason my R10 completeness check is on hold or the reason with my PR application.
hi Not sure what is going on with your application. I just learned from my past experiences with the CIC, that if they asked for a document or you have to add a document later, then it takes longer time for the officers to get back to your application :-( and paper applications are in general slower than online ones.