+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long to wait for the release of my visa.nbi clearance problem

timi_alain

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
tomorrow im leaving for my nbi applcation in phil embassy sa abu dhabi,aside from the picture and money.asking more,what are the additional requirements for my application,cos im living in al ain,2 hours drive from the city....ty

timi_alain

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
this is the email that was sent to me on september 8,2010.....
if ever i have already my nbi,how long again to wait for my TWP in canada,...

The following documents are required to complete your application for a temporary work permit in Canada:

- Your original police certificate from the Philippines issued within the last 3 months by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) with your thumb mark (we require the green NBI certificate which is 'Valid for employment abroad'). Please send it by regular mail or courier. You are not required to submit this document in person. You cannot send this document by fax or as an attachment to an email because we require the original. For information on how to obtain a police certificate from the Philippines, please consult the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/philippines.asp

timi_alain

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Upon receipt of your clearance certificate, please examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion, the clearance is invalid without it. You must also affix your clear and properly taken THUMBPRINT on the space provided for on the clearance certificate with the assistance of any local police in your area before submitting it to your end-user.........................................can u help me..i need some explanations......

smiling face

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADIAN EMBASSY MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 5, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 12, 2010
Nomination.....
September 8, 2010
AOR Received.
November 2, 2010
Med's Request
May 9, 2011
Med's Done....
May 19, 2011 and May 26, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
Last March 2010 i went home to the Philippines for a 1-month vacation so i decided to renew my NBI on that month while i'm still in Mla.
Now I got my nomination certificate and ready to submit my PR to Canada Embassy Manila.

Question: Can I still submit my March 2010 NBI Certificate Original ? Since it was stated that NBI Certificate is issued for travel abroad (color green) and VALID FOR ONE YEAR FROM DATE OF ISSUE. which is March 15, 2011.

Also in the VISA OFFICE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS for Application for Permanent Residence CHECKLIST:
Just mentioned: on number 12 POLICE CERTIFICATES CLEARANCE:
they did not mentioned that NBI must be good ONLY within the LAST 3MONTHS.....

Please share your ideas and experiences regarding my querstion. Thank you so much.

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello! Im a filipino caregiver here in canada, and by december, I will submit my application for PR,
My question regarding the police clearnce is, can I mail a photocopy of my old nbi clearance so that my mom (in philippines) can renew it for me? and then she'll mail it back to me, is that faster? ThankS!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yes your mom can get it for you. Also send her an authorization letter. I don't think they will accept a photocopy. Send your personal copy.

ennaesor said:
hello! Im a filipino caregiver here in canada, and by december, I will submit my application for PR,
My question regarding the police clearnce is, can I mail a photocopy of my old nbi clearance so that my mom (in philippines) can renew it for me? and then she'll mail it back to me, is that faster? ThankS!