+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long to wait for the release of my visa.nbi clearance problem

timi_alain

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
i just passed all my applications to the canadian embassy on june 19,2010.after that,i recieved an email,informing me to submit my nbi clearance and police clearance here,but i dont have that nbi clearance,instead i just passed my police clearance here in uae on august 10,2010.is there any problems or maybe they will deny my application?i will work as an hairstylists,..help me....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

timi_alain said:
i just passed all my applications to the canadian embassy on june 19,2010.after that,i recieved an email,informing me to submit my nbi clearance and police clearance here,but i dont have that nbi clearance,instead i just passed my police clearance here in uae on august 10,2010.is there any problems or maybe they will deny my application?i will work as an hairstylists,..help me....
If you lived in the Philippines for more that 6 months since turning 18 you need to have submitted an NBI. You better get one and submit it.

timi_alain

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
my mother tried to apply for my nbi,but they told her that it should be personal appearance,so i decided not to take it,just my police clearance here.ive been here almost 3 years now.its already 1 month since i passed my police clearance.mga ilang buwan pa kaya antay me.ty

lai1279

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
owp-pr application sent-11-21-09(LC1)
Kailangan mo humanap ng phil consulate dyan para s thumb mark..then un ang isesend mo s pinas for them to grant ur request even ur in different country,pero if u have old nbi or persona copy ng nbi pwede na un for renewal...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
timi_alain said:
my mother tried to apply for my nbi,but they told her that it should be personal appearance,so i decided not to take it,just my police clearance here.ive been here almost 3 years now.its already 1 month since i passed my police clearance.mga ilang buwan pa kaya antay me.ty
You can apply for your NBI clearance even if you are in Canada. What province are you in?

To get an NBI Clearance from abroad, here's what you should do:

You can visit the nearest Philippine Consulate Office and asked for a Fingerprint Card Form.

# Fingerprint Card Form – fill up the personal data called for on both sides of this card truthfully and legibly.

# Request the assistance/endorsement of the nearest Philippines Consulate Office for the police agency in your locality to have your fingerprints impressed (ROLLED IMPRESSION) on the appropriate spaces. The officer/person who fingerprinted you should sign his name state his official designation on the space provided for the purpose in the card.

# In case you are a married woman, the order of writing your name is as follows:
-Your maiden surname (father’s surname).
-Your husband’s surname.
-Your first name or given name.
-Your maternal surname (family name of your mother)

# Attach a latest copy of your 2”x2” photograph (white background), taken within three (3) months before this application at the appropriate box in the fingerprint card form.

Upon completion of this requirement, send back your form to NBI us and enclose Money Order in the sum of Php 200.00 or any currency/bankdraft of its equivalent which is negotiable in the Philippines payable to the Director, National Bureau of Investigation, Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines.

We will mail to you the corresponding clearance certificate after we have processed your application papers.

Upon receipt of your clearance certificate, please examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion, the clearance is invalid without it. Also, you must affix your clear and properly taken THUMBPRINT on the space provided for it in the clearance certificate before submitting it to your end-user, otherwise, your clearance will be subjected for further verification/authentication and will cause the delay of your immigration requirements.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

job_seeker said:
You can apply for your NBI clearance even if you are in Canada. What province are you in?

To get an NBI Clearance from abroad, here's what you should do:

You can visit the nearest Philippine Consulate Office and asked for a Fingerprint Card Form.

# Fingerprint Card Form – fill up the personal data called for on both sides of this card truthfully and legibly.

# Request the assistance/endorsement of the nearest Philippines Consulate Office for the police agency in your locality to have your fingerprints impressed (ROLLED IMPRESSION) on the appropriate spaces. The officer/person who fingerprinted you should sign his name state his official designation on the space provided for the purpose in the card.

# In case you are a married woman, the order of writing your name is as follows:
-Your maiden surname (father's surname).
-Your husband's surname.
-Your first name or given name.
-Your maternal surname (family name of your mother)

# Attach a latest copy of your 2”x2” photograph (white background), taken within three (3) months before this application at the appropriate box in the fingerprint card form.

Upon completion of this requirement, send back your form to NBI us and enclose Money Order in the sum of Php 200.00 or any currency/bankdraft of its equivalent which is negotiable in the Philippines payable to the Director, National Bureau of Investigation, Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines.

We will mail to you the corresponding clearance certificate after we have processed your application papers.

Upon receipt of your clearance certificate, please examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion, the clearance is invalid without it. Also, you must affix your clear and properly taken THUMBPRINT on the space provided for it in the clearance certificate before submitting it to your end-user, otherwise, your clearance will be subjected for further verification/authentication and will cause the delay of your immigration requirements.
Believe the OP is in the UAE

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

Believe the OP is in the UAE
Thanks. Thought OP is in Canada.

To the OP. No info on the Philippine consulate in Dubai website. Is it possible for you to call them up and inquire? Do you have an old personal copy swith you because you can actually send that to one of your relatives/friends in the Philippines with an authorization and they can renew it for you. NBI wbesite has these from their FAQ:

8. I AM PRESENTLY WORKING/LIVING ABROAD. HOW CAN I GET A NBI CLEARANCE WITHOUT GOING HOME TO THE PHILIPPINES?

You can visit the nearest Philippine Consulate Office and ask for a Fingerprint Card Form.

a.) Fingerprint Card Form – fill up the personal data called for on both sides of this card truthfully and legibly.

b.) Request the assistance/endorsement of the nearest Philippines Consulate Office or the police agency in your locality to have your fingerprints impressed (ROLLED IMPRESSION) on the appropriate spaces. The officer/person who fingerprinted you should sign his name, state his official designation on the space provided for the purpose on the card.

c.) In case you are a married woman, the order of writing your name is as follows:

c.1) Your maiden surname (father’s surname).

c.2) Your husband’s surname.

c.3) Your first name or given name.

c.4) Your maternal surname (family name of your mother)

d.) Attach a latest copy of your 2”x2” photograph with white background (taken within three (3) months prior to your application).

e.) Enclose Money Order in the sum of Php 200.00 Philippine currency or bank draft which is negotiable in the Philippines payable to the Director, National Bureau of Investigation, Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines. The following accredited banks are:

1. Philippine National Bank (PNB)

2. Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank Co. (HSBC)

3. ANZ – A New Zealand Bank

4. METROBANK

5. Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI)

Upon completion of this requirement, send your accomplished form to:

Ms. Julie Macalit

IRD - Mailed Clearance Section

National Bureau of Investigation

Taft Ave., Ermita 1000 Manila

Philippines

We will mail to you the corresponding clearance certificate after we have processed your application papers. Processing of application normally takes a maximum of three (3) days excluding days of transit.

You may also send your accomplished form to your relative/representative here in the Philippines together with your authorization letter authorizing him/her to transact business on your behalf. Your relative may visit the office of the Electronic Data Processing Division (EDPD) in NBI Taft Avenue, Manila for further assistance.

Upon receipt of your clearance certificate, please examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion, the clearance is invalid without it. You must also affix your clear and properly taken THUMBPRINT on the space provided for on the clearance certificate with the assistance of any local police in your area before submitting it to your end-user.

timi_alain

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
paano na kung naipasa k na ung mga huling kailangan,pero ala nga ung nbi clearance ko,ung police clearance ko lang ang send ko d2 sa canadian embassy here in uae,was there any problems kkaya?pero i emailed them already,about the reasons why>////

Grade 08

Aug 14, 2010
hi timi

i think they need to have your nbi, by all means.. processing will not push thru i believe. when i did my application, kulang ako ng police clearance, and dahil doon, nadelay ako for a month. at kapag nagpadala ka ng requirement mo, make sure na may way ka para matrack down kung nareciv ba nila or what. like courier tracking number as proof.. dahil ako, twice ako nagpadala ng police clearance. yung first time, basta pinadala ko lang at hindi man lang ako nagfollowup or hindi ko itinago ang lbc receipt ko.

timi_alain

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
im here in abu dhabi,meron na akong police clearance d2,pero ung nbi ko ang kulang,puede na kaya un,........

Grade 08

Aug 14, 2010
timi_alain said:
im here in abu dhabi,meron na akong police clearance d2,pero ung nbi ko ang kulang,puede na kaya un,........
sa tingin ko, kailangan din iyon. considered incomplete ang requirements mo without the NBI. and pwede kang madelay for that. may mga suggestion sayo na sagot sa topic na to, check mo kung ano ang magwowork. goodluck

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
timi_alain said:
Papadalhan ka ng sulat na kulang yung pinadala mo na requirements. Normally binibigyan nila yung applicant ng 60 days to comply and send the requirements. Wala ka na bang kopya (personal copy) nung NBI mo?

timi_alain

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
i dont have personal copy............so what will i do now?i will send them again....my nbi,and try to get ,..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
timi_alain said:
i dont have personal copy............so what will i do now?i will send them again....my nbi,and try to get ,..
Pumunta ka sa Philippine consulate sa Dubai (para sa form at finger printing). I think i posted yung nasa FAQ ng NBI para kumuha ng NBI clearance kapag nasa ibang bansa ka. Tapos authorize a member of your family sa Philippines to obtain your clearance for you. puwede na nila bayaran doon. Php200.00 yata. Can't be sure kung how much. Ako kasi Cad5.00 ang bayad na pinadala ko galing dito sa Canada. Isa sa mga requirements ang NBI clearance kaya mabuti na ang handa ka.

timi_alain

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
by monday,i will go to phil embassy in abu dhabi,just asking,mga ilang araw kaya matatapos ang lahat,cos i have only one month to send it back to the canadian embassy?