Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
Hello,

I would like to ask if how long does it take for the embassy to keep my passport for Permanent Resident Application under Conjugal Partnership? I sent them my passport last March and until now I don't have any feedback from them.

Please help me!

Thank you

johnlee9210

May 13, 2009
I don't have an answer for you but just to let you know that you are not alone with this dilemna. My wife got a passport request last May but up to now, it hasn't been returned yet.
I don't know why they are holding up the passports too long. They should realize that passports are one of the main personal documents that prove your identity as a citizen and for personal travels as well.
Technically, up to 6 months is the wait but I don't know if its a good idea to call them up to follow-up before that time frame.
Appreciate any inputs from members of this forum.

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
Thank you for your reply. What I did today was I sent a letter in the Embassy of Canada- Manila Office to follow-up my application. It's been more than 6 months now since they had my papers there.

I wish other members of this forum will share their experiences in this situation.

johnlee9210

May 13, 2009
You can call them also if you want since their 6 mos is up. I had an aunt who was applying for a tourist visa just lately and she called them up because it was past the 15-day timeframe for a tourist visa to get approved. When she called, she got an immediate and direct reply from them saying the exact date her visa would be released.
Good Luck!

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
ok thank you so much for that information.

Is it ok to ask if what is the direct contact number of the embassy where your aunt called?

Thank you

adz

Apr 10, 2009
Hi Vinz! I would suggest you go to the Embassy personally. Coz one time, I was there to follow-up my application, there was one guy who had the same case like yours, and he talked personally to a personnel there and gave him the information he needed. I remember he was very happy then 'coz he was told that he should be leaving the country at certain date.

God bless!!! I am still waiting for the next letter from the CIC. Just completed our medical reqt's lately. Hope for the best fellow...God never fails.

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
thank you adz! Ok. I'm waiting till end of this month. If there's still no feedback then,I'll go to the Embassy personally.

thank you again. Hope you can have yours too.

adz

Apr 10, 2009
Hi Vinz! Pwede na magtagalog bro...just want to ask gaano katagal bago ka sinulatan ng embassy after your medical?

And again,if I may suggest, you better go to embassy next week kasi ang alam ko, maximum of 90 days lang dapat ang passport sa kanila and yours is long overdue. The people there are accommodating and can give you info about your waiting status.

Ako, sobrang inip na din sa paghihintay. God bless you fellow...keep me posted please...

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
Actually, iba yung ginawa ko. I had my medical examination prior to the approval of my sponsorship. Sabi kasi ng lawyer namin sa Canada to make it faster kung I had my medical examination already. I had my medical last September last year 2008. And then I got approved last December 19, 2008. They forward my papers in manila office last January 7, 2009 then they start asking further documents.

Thank you for your advice.

johnlee9210

May 13, 2009
Vinz,

My aunt just used the tel # on the website.
I got a different story from somebody who went personally to the embassy to follow-up. When you go there (no need for an appointment), you have to fill up a form stating you reason why you are there to follow-up and you just drop it off and wait for 3 weeks to get a response.
He also tried to email but he got automated reply saying they'll respond within 28 days.
Good luck and hope you can share your experience whatever follow-up option you take.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
hey guys can you share your timeline and application process.. i already have an inland application but it's been 9 months and there's still no reply. i'm thinking of just applying outland to manila office. maybe it will be faster. thanks.

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
johnlee9210 said:
Vinz,

My aunt just used the tel # on the website.
I got a different story from somebody who went personally to the embassy to follow-up. When you go there (no need for an appointment), you have to fill up a form stating you reason why you are there to follow-up and you just drop it off and wait for 3 weeks to get a response.
He also tried to email but he got automated reply saying they'll respond within 28 days.
Good luck and hope you can share your experience whatever follow-up option you take.
Filling up the form was their new way of processing the documents. I knew it when I went there last March. I already sent that form stating my to follow-up my papers.

Thank you for giving me timeline which is 3 weeks after they received. I sent the letter last tuesday July 14, 2009.

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
hello everyone again!

Is there any1 could share their experiences with same situation as mine?

Thank you

edwin1266

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
davao city
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC- Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 19, 2010
LANDED..........
dec 23, 2010
we almost had the same problems;
kaya lng mas malaking prob itong sa akin kasi, i submitted all the documents to the CIC manila last sept 08 until now i did'nt know what happend to my PR application, u said that you already have a medical exam as what your lawyer advice in order to make the application mabilis ma process,
i did'nt received a medical form upon receiving the Application PR form the CIC.
so,, what s the status of your application now?

mrsmyle

Apr 1, 2009
regarding doing the medicals - you really need to do your medical before the application is submitted if you are applying through the Family Class - specifically, Spouse/Partner stream... so if you submitted your application directly to Manila, I am guessing you were not sponsored by your Spouse