+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long it takes to get passport back after you mail it in?

Happywife

Aug 6, 2009
Hello everyone, I am Canadian and my husband is English and just over two weeks ago he received a letter requesting his passport.
He sent it by registered mail to the Canadian High Commission in London and has yet to receive his passport back. Does anyone know
How long it should generally take?

I would really appreciate your help, thanks soooooooooo much!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Happywife said:
Hello everyone, I am Canadian and my husband is English and just over two weeks ago he received a letter requesting his passport.
He sent it by registered mail to the Canadian High Commission in London and has yet to receive his passport back. Does anyone know
How long it should generally take?

I would really appreciate your help, thanks soooooooooo much!
According to their web site, 2 weeks plus the mailing time.

PMM

Happywife

Aug 6, 2009
Hello, thank you sooo much, do you happen to have a link to this section of their website, I couldn't find such info.

Thanks again!

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happywife, seeing that your application was being processed in London, England, do you mind if I ask you how long did it take for your entire case to finish? My husband and I have been waiting for a long time now. Our application has been in process in London for over 7 months now.

As for your husband getting his passport back, I was told it will take around 10 to 14 days -- approximately 2 weeks. Not a very long wait.

Happywife

Aug 6, 2009
Hello sweety, thanks for all of your helpful information. In our case it took just over 4 months for our application once it was received in London. I hope that your husband's application is processed soon, have you tried calling them for an update, I called their general info. line once and asked for an update and they actually gave me one, also many times I sent them emails and they always reponded within 10 days with an update thru email.

Hope you get the good news very soon!

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happywife said:
Hello sweety, thanks for all of your helpful information. In our case it took just over 4 months for our application once it was received in London. I hope that your husband's application is processed soon, have you tried calling them for an update, I called their general info. line once and asked for an update and they actually gave me one, also many times I sent them emails and they always reponded within 10 days with an update thru email.

Please Happywife can you please give me the phone number that you used? I would really appreciate it.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
SadGirl:( said:
Happywife said:

Please Happywife can you please give me the phone number that you used? I would really appreciate it.
wouldn't that be on the embassy/consulate webpage for that city....?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp

Happywife

Aug 6, 2009
Yes i believe i found the number on that website it is (44-20) 7258-6600

I called and asked to speak to an immigration officer and by chance i got transferred to the officer that was responsible for my husbands file.