Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting on PPR
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting on PPR
LANDED..........
Waiting on PPR
Any ideas?? At IP2 for over a month now.. curious as to how long it generally takes
I have been waiting on my ppr for 21 months. You can back calculate and estimate.

Cheers!

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Any ideas?? At IP2 for over a month now.. curious as to how long it generally takes
You can't and shouldn't have any expectations of timeframes based on the myCIC account statuses. Even if we could rely on the statuses, there are too many things that could happen in 'IP2' to make an accurate guess as to how much longer your file could take. You could get PPR tomorrow, or you could get it a week from now, or you could get it a month from now (depending on how many applications are ahead of yours and how many human resources are available to process the applications, at whichever Centre or Visa Office your file is being processed), or your file could be "put down" by some Immigration Officer and "left to gather dust" for months more (as some unfortunate persons have reported after reviewing their GCMS notes), or you could get selected for additional security screening and have your application processing extended by a further 4 - 12 months.

There's no use speculating. I know the wait is hard, but just breathe and try to find other things to occupy your thoughts and time until one day you get the Golden Email (but check your email and your myCIC account once a day, just in case, as the deliver of the PPR notices is varied and flawed - emails going to spam, people getting the message in their myCIC account but no email to notify them about it, etc.)

Reactions: Carly44

ignorant

Dec 15, 2016
Istanbul, Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Carly,

It is indeed only speculating to say a number. But from my own experience, it usually takes a minimum of 4 months up to a year to get security screening clearance. In extreme cases, longer times are possible.
It is very vague because nobody actually knows what is going on during this period. Governments talking to each other or asking for PCC from visited places, asking the army or police for service records etc. or much different things could be going on. I honestly have no clue what CSIS and CBSA (only IF they are processing Security Screening, that is) are doing with our file.