+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get news about PR?

alex996

Dec 25, 2016
I submitted an application for permanent residence under the Quebec Skilled Worker class in mid June and still hasn't had any AOR (acknowledgement of receipt). It's been almost 3 months and I am starting to get worried. Is it normal that it takes so long for the government to get back to you? How long does it usually take to get the news that they started processing your file? I already tried to link the application many times, but it says it can't find it.

P.S. I submitted from a local address in Montreal, QC (i.e. from Canada, not from abroad) and never left the country since. Therefore, it should've been pretty fast, no?

Thanks

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hi

I am inland applicant too and applied on 1st week of 2017. There is no communication from CIC since then including AOR. I was told in other forum that it should receive 90 working days.

jaskaran88

Jun 29, 2017
ludhiana
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08/06/2017
IELTS Request
Hello friends....my timeline is same as yours.i also sent my application to cio in first week of june 2017 and till date i have not recieve any AOR/UCI...i have also tried to link my application to online account but it says no match found....i am outland applicant

alex996

Dec 25, 2016
Hey folks, at least I find it reassuring that there are other people in the same boat... So our case is not unique, it turns out. I have heard it might take 90-120 days (not sure inland or outland), but then other people would say the AOR comes after 2 months. Hope to see others join in this thread.