+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get FBI clearance certificate?

F

feras80

So you havent sent any FBI report in your initial application, right?
Did they ask you to submit it? or are you planing to send it by yourself.
good luck
mtlguy said:
well...i'm concerned because my request is not in their system as yet for processing. I don't think they are processing in a week once the details are in the system...this means they are taking more than 10 weeks for processing.

My application has already been sent to Buffalo and medicals done....just waiting for FBI clearence and PCC from Indian high commission and hopefully i'll get the request for ppt in a couple of months after submitting all the PCC's.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
will send all the PCC's and the RFPF hopefully by mid feb. Already sent copies of medical bills and tracking info to prove that PCC's have been applied 2 months ago.

I guess the immigration officers do understand that there are certain things beyond the applicants control...atleast i hope so ;)

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
mtlguy,

You already received Medicals request etc and also sent them ?? They didn't ask for PCC then ??

mtlguy said:
will send all the PCC's and the RFPF hopefully by mid feb. Already sent copies of medical bills and tracking info to prove that PCC's have been applied 2 months ago.

I guess the immigration officers do understand that there are certain things beyond the applicants control...atleast i hope so ;)

topgun2010

Jan 16, 2010
Hi mommylawyer.I just got mine today.
I did request them to expedite it but I think it doesnt make much of a difference to them
I am in Delhi and I sent my fingerprints through Fedex on 5th November
I got my FBI Clearance today after waiting for 13 weeks.
I do want to give everybody a suggestion though.
You should set up a fedex account for your return envelope from FBI so can avoid getting tortured like I did.
My package was sent by normal mail and it could not be tracked and hence all the tension/torture.

mommylawyer said:
Guys, happy new year!

Has anybody who sent in their FBI clearance request in Oct or Nov last year already received their clearance? Did you put an immigration deadline in your envelope? How long did it take before you got your clearance?

Sent out mine on Nov 14, 2009 and FBI received it on Nov 19. Got worried because they have yet to deduct the fee from my account. Called up helpdesk yesterday and was told that my name is already in the database but it'll take 10 weeks (from nov 19, 2008) for them to finish processing my request. my mistake is that i forgot to put an immigratiion deadline on the envelope, although i did write a deadline in my cover letter. thanks!

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Hi mtlguy,
So going by your case it appears we can send the application to CIC without FBI and PCC clearance. Did CIC accept that filing and did you get a receipt number or file number? This piece of info will be useful for many of us in a limbo waiting for FBI clearance.
Thanks! And Best Wishes.

mtlguy said:

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rezendgi said:
mtlguy,

You already received Medicals request etc and also sent them ?? They didn't ask for PCC then ??
rezendi,

my lawyer mentioned that for csq applicants its ok to file the federal forms and the csq certificate and work on getting the PCC's. We got the AOR and medical request pretty soon and I am still awaiting my PCC. My medical results should have already reached last monday. I intend on paying the RPRF along with my PCC which means once they go through the processing they can send me the request for passport....which i believe will be between 6-8 weeks of receiving the medicals and pcc. Bottom line...the PCC's are delaying my process :'(

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manny said:
Hi mtlguy,
So going by your case it appears we can send the application to CIC without FBI and PCC clearance. Did CIC accept that filing and did you get a receipt number or file number? This piece of info will be useful for many of us in a limbo waiting for FBI clearance.
Thanks! And Best Wishes.
My lawyer said that it is ok for csq applicants...not sure for other AINP and FSW programs. Thankfully i got my AOR and medical request. They are aware of the fact that i am awaiting my fbi clearence and PCC from india.

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
mtlguy said:
My lawyer said that it is ok for csq applicants...not sure for other AINP and FSW programs. Thankfully i got my AOR and medical request. They are aware of the fact that i am awaiting my fbi clearence and PCC from india.
CIC will not provide receipt until all required documents are provided (including FBI and Home PCC) FOR ainp process. Also they told me FBI and HOme PCC should not be more than 3 months old.

So CIC has told me to send them only when I have all required documents (listed on Provincial check list)

Thanks

Jan 16, 2010
Hi topgun

When ur planning to apply for CIC Delhi.
Now my question is recently nominated from AINP.But unfortunately iam strucked here in india.
Do you know how much time it will take to get the PR in CIC delhi office.

Thanks

Rb_newsletter

Star Member
May 21, 2009
Hey I found this info somewhere else and thought it would be useful to someone who is in india and wants to get his/her fingerprinting done. Procedure given below is for Chennai, but I am sure that there will be sate forensic department for each state.

===============================================================
I called <xyz> Consultancy and they are TOOOO expensive. They said if I do it in Delhi, they would charge Rs. 3500 per person. I live in Chennai and they said it would cost me Rs. 13,000.
I researched and found out the process of getting fingerprints done locally. The Govt of India does it. YES THEY DO. And it is done by the Tamil Nadu Forensic Department by Registered Fingerprint Experts who take and analyze Fingerprints for all Criminal Investigations.
And here is the kicker. It costs Rs. 50 (Yes FIFTY RUPEES ONLY)

Here is the process for people in Chennai.
The Forensic Department has an office called SCRB (State Crime Record Bureau). It is on the Marina Beach Road. If you go from Cathedral road, take a left onto the beach road. Pass the lighthouse and pass 2 more lights. You will then pass a small bridge. As soon as you pass a bridge you will see a graveyard on the left (look carefully you may miss it) and right opposite the graveyard you will see the SCRB building.
Walk in. Mention you want to get fingerprints taken for visa purposes. They will give you a form to fill and the name of the bank to go to to pay the Rs. 50. Once paid, come back to this office and they will give you the fingerprints in the form of your choice.
For US Police Certificates, you may print out the form FD-258 from http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm.
Alternatively, there is a xerox shop opposite Adyar Busdepot that gives you a color printout in a nice thick Fingerprint Card for a cost.

For other cities, look for the Forensic Department in your town and go talk to them. They will help. Do not get tricked by Commercial Agencies who charge an arm and a leg for something as simple as this.

narain

May 14, 2012
Hi
Can anyone please update how long will FBI PCC take now? I sent in mine on 7th May and it was received by them on 11th may 2012?

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
Is this from U.S .. if yes is this like a Police clearance from India..My take was from U.S u need to get from each state individually.. is this correct ?