+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get FBI clearance certificate?

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the number, mommymutya!

Cheers,

mommymutya said:
How, FBI is taking too long now! Some I know only took 4 - 6 weeks. # is 1-304-625-5590

aNewHope said:
Hi Kagan:

Would you mind sharing the number you called them at?

Thanks,

kagan said:
Hi,

I sent my on the 6th October and they received it by the 14th October. I gave a call and they told me the same thing: "Your name does not appear in the system yet." I have to submit the documents as of 27th January and I do not know when will they be able to send this record?

Kagan

mommylawyer

Feb 4, 2009
Guys, happy new year!

Has anybody who sent in their FBI clearance request in Oct or Nov last year already received their clearance? Did you put an immigration deadline in your envelope? How long did it take before you got your clearance?

Sent out mine on Nov 14, 2009 and FBI received it on Nov 19. Got worried because they have yet to deduct the fee from my account. Called up helpdesk yesterday and was told that my name is already in the database but it'll take 10 weeks (from nov 19, 2008) for them to finish processing my request. my mistake is that i forgot to put an immigratiion deadline on the envelope, although i did write a deadline in my cover letter. thanks!

goingtoalberta

Jul 14, 2009
Last time I did it,it took me 3-4 weeks.From your postings it is looking it may take 2-3 months just to get FBI fingerprinting done.

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Just 2-3 weeks ??? Its more than a month I sent them, cheque not encashed yet....

looks like folks are now bombarding FBI for clearance certificates ... :eek:

goingtoalberta said:
Last time I did it,it took me 3-4 weeks.From your postings it is looking it may take 2-3 months just to get FBI fingerprinting done.

goingtoalberta

Jul 14, 2009
I had sent money order then and now as well I have sent money order not the check.The delay may be because of holidays they got backlogged.

rezendgi said:
Just 2-3 weeks ??? Its more than a month I sent them, cheque not encashed yet....

looks like folks are now bombarding FBI for clearance certificates ... :eek:

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rezendgi said:
What mode of payment did u use? They r not accepting personal checks... i have sent money order and since i have already paid for it so i will not come to know when it is encashed.... how did u come to know when they encash check... thanks!

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
I sent Cashier's Check, and I didn't see any transaction on my account when I took this check from the Bank.

I hope I will see some transaction when they encash it, not sure .... :'(

desikiVAAT said:
What mode of payment did u use? They r not accepting personal checks... i have sent money order and since i have already paid for it so i will not come to know when it is encashed.... how did u come to know when they encash check... thanks!

iAlberta

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/Mar/2009
Doc's Request.
16/Dec/2009
Nomination.....
11/Jan/2010
AOR Received.
01/Jun/2010
Med's Request
01/Jun/2010
Med's Done....
04/Jun/2010
Passport Req..
27/Aug/2010
I have gone thru the FBI website.... http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

2. Fingerprint Card

Obtain a set of your fingerprints (original card, no copies). Your name and date of birth must be provided on the fingerprint card.
Fingerprints should be placed on a standard fingerprint form (FD-258) commonly used for applicant or law enforcement purposes.

my question is... is it okay to take the print out of the form fd-258... or do we need to get the fingerprinter card from anywhere... if so, can any one tell us the process...

Thanks

ainpgal

Oct 27, 2009
iALBERTA, to be sure and to avoid rejection, try to have your fingerprints done by a police department or registered fingerprinting office. my hubby requested an FBI clearance sometime in Oct.09 and returned it on Dec.2,2009. We didn't write anything about the deadline of the CIC.We also made a follow-up through the FBI website(liaison@leo.gov), and they do reply with our queries.

mommymutya

Nov 19, 2009
FBI recvd by husband's request last Oct 19. We called last Jan 5 and they said that it was in the final stages. Hopefully we receive it this month-January. We placed a deadline in the envelop. Our credit card has also been charged. They also said that they had an influx of applications that's why it is taking longer. We only used downloaded form from their website but had the fingerprints done in our local police station.

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The FBI received our request on Nov 23. We mentioned that we were leaving the country and that we needed the certs by Dec 16th, but no luck! I guess everyone put "Urgent" on their request. Unfortunately our PCCs expire at the end of February, so we are well and truly stuck. Apparently our process is still in the "Initial Stages", even though this is the 8th week since they received our request.

mommymutya said:
FBI recvd by husband's request last Oct 19. We called last Jan 5 and they said that it was in the final stages. Hopefully we receive it this month-January. We placed a deadline in the envelop. Our credit card has also been charged. They also said that they had an influx of applications that's why it is taking longer. We only used downloaded form from their website but had the fingerprints done in our local police station.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
9th week and still waiting....as per their e-mail my request has been received but not in their system yet for processing.

F

feras80

mtlguy, what if you send ur application to cic and send the FBI report later? That might save you some time. Correct me if I’m mistaken
Good luck

mtlguy said:
9th week and still waiting....as per their e-mail my request has been received but not in their system yet for processing.

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
mtlguy said:
FBI has put following information on their web sites, They should have already mailed that to your address.

Allow 8-10 weeks for processing, upon receipt to the FBI.

Thanks

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
image6000 said:
FBI has put following information on their web sites, They should have already mailed that to your address.

Allow 8-10 weeks for processing, upon receipt to the FBI.

Thanks
well...i'm concerned because my request is not in their system as yet for processing. I don't think they are processing in a week once the details are in the system...this means they are taking more than 10 weeks for processing.

My application has already been sent to Buffalo and medicals done....just waiting for FBI clearence and PCC from Indian high commission and hopefully i'll get the request for ppt in a couple of months after submitting all the PCC's.