+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take to get FBI clearance certificate?

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All:

The FBI website says 8 - 10 weeks for processing a clearance request.

How long does it take in reality. Folks who have requested and received clearance certificates from the FBI, your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Also, has anyone printed the FD-258 from the FBI website, got your fingerprints on this paper and successfully completed the process with the FBI?

Any information on the above will help.

Thanks,

justconcerned

Oct 29, 2009
Re: How does it take to get FBI clearance certificate?

my gosh !

"How does it take to get FBI clearance certificate??"

Maybe you meant..what

aNewHope said:
Hi All:

How long does it take in reality. Folks who have requested and received clearance certificates from the FBI, your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Also, has anyone printed the FD-258 from the FBI website, got your fingerprints on this paper and successfully completed the process with the FBI?

Thanks,

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mailed mine on 12th nov. Still awaiting...i'd be happy if i recd it before christmas.

I went to a local fingerprinting agency and had my fingerprints taken by an authorized law enforcement agent on their fingerprint card which was almost identical to the FBI's fingerprint card.

I'll keep you posted. In the meantime...when did you apply for FBI clearence?

byee

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, mtlguy!

I hope to send it in tomorrow. I printed the FD-258 off of the FBI website and I will go to my local police station. Now I am not sure if I should use the printed FD-258 or use the local police's fingerprint card.

I hope to get the clearance in the next couple of weeks as we will be leaving the country after that. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers,

mtlguy said:
mailed mine on 12th nov. Still awaiting...i'd be happy if i recd it before christmas.

I went to a local fingerprinting agency and had my fingerprints taken by an authorized law enforcement agent on their fingerprint card which was almost identical to the FBI's fingerprint card.

byee

mommymutya

Nov 19, 2009
I sent mine last Oct 19 thru fedex, received by fbi on Oct 23. I called helpdesk but no name in the database yet, means envelop has not been opened yet. Good luck to us!

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
Guys,

Please clarify:

Do we need FBI clearance to submit to the CIC, once we receive the nomination ?

Or

Just PCC is enough ?

Because, CIC website says the following:

Police certificates from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

I guess PCC takes only a week.. please shed some light !

aNewHope said:
Hi All:

Thanks,

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AbuMalik said:
Guys,

Please clarify:

Or

Just PCC is enough ?

Police certificates from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

aNewHope said:
Hi All:

Thanks,

AbuMalik,

If you apply for CIC without the PCC it will slow the process. if you already old expired PCC you can use them for now and send the new ones at later stage. someone has done this on the forum. you can search and check.

pk933

Apr 28, 2009
USA
Can anyone confirm me which type of the two police clearence I am gonna need. Ima need PCC from State of MO .
but their website says these two types.. I dont know If I really need a fingure print one or just a simpe one

State Background Checks & Associated Fees
($9.00 Personal Identifier Search, or $20.00 Fingerprint-Based Search)
Personal Identifier Search or also known as name-based search requires that a Criminal Record Check form be completed with a payment of $9.00 per request. The background check results are considered a "possible match" and will include only open records. Open record information includes (1) records containing convictions, such as plead guilty to, or convicted of, (2) arrest information that is less than 30 days old from the date of arrest, (3) prosecutor filed charges awaiting final disposition from the court, and (4) records that contain a suspended imposition of sentence (SIS) during the probation period. A request for personal identifier search requires the completion of a "Request for Criminal Record Check Form, SHP-158K. This form may be obtained from the Missouri State Highway Patrol, CJIS Division, or via the Internet at: Criminal Record Check Form (SHP-158)

A Fingerprint Based Search requires a completed applicant fingerprint card (FD-258). The state fingerprint fee is $20.00 per request, with the exception of conceal-carry weapons permits pursuant to Section 571.101 RSMo, and the Department of Social Services for foster care placement, pursuant to Section 210.487 RSMo, which are $14.00 per request. The results of a fingerprint-based background check are considered a "positive match" and will provide closed or complete records for the requesting individual or qualified requesting entity. Closed record information includes (1) all criminal history data, including all arrests (filed or not filed charges), (2) charges that have been nolle prossed, dismissed, or found not guilty in a court of law, and (3) will include any SIS after the probation period is complete.

AlbertaGovernor said:
AbuMalik said:
Guys,

Please clarify:

Or

Just PCC is enough ?

aNewHope said:
Hi All:

Thanks,

AbuMalik,

If you apply for CIC without the PCC it will slow the process. if you already old expired PCC you can use them for now and send the new ones at later stage. someone has done this on the forum. you can search and check.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtlguy said:

byee
I have been tracking and it looks like the application has been received on Nov 23rd. I'll look for the date on the return mail to find out exactly how many working days it took to process. I will keep you all posted. In the meantime....if anyone else has recently got their FBI clearence, pls do mention the timeframe.

Thanks

kagan

Feb 11, 2009
Hi,

I sent my on the 6th October and they received it by the 14th October. I gave a call and they told me the same thing: "Your name does not appear in the system yet." I have to submit the documents as of 27th January and I do not know when will they be able to send this record?

Kagan

aNewHope

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kagan:

Would you mind sharing the number you called them at?

Thanks,

kagan said:
Hi,

I sent my on the 6th October and they received it by the 14th October. I gave a call and they told me the same thing: "Your name does not appear in the system yet." I have to submit the documents as of 27th January and I do not know when will they be able to send this record?

Kagan

bats45

Apr 12, 2009
PK933,

Base on my understanding on the clearance they only require an FBI clearance to pass in the CIC, the office will email you back if they need a state clearance in your behalf. But for me I will submit the state clearance and FBI at once. I always do shotgun approach and it always true.

bats45

pk933 said:
Can anyone confirm me which type of the two police clearence I am gonna need. Ima need PCC from State of MO .
but their website says these two types.. I dont know If I really need a fingure print one or just a simpe one

State Background Checks & Associated Fees
($9.00 Personal Identifier Search, or $20.00 Fingerprint-Based Search)
Personal Identifier Search or also known as name-based search requires that a Criminal Record Check form be completed with a payment of $9.00 per request. The background check results are considered a "possible match" and will include only open records. Open record information includes (1) records containing convictions, such as plead guilty to, or convicted of, (2) arrest information that is less than 30 days old from the date of arrest, (3) prosecutor filed charges awaiting final disposition from the court, and (4) records that contain a suspended imposition of sentence (SIS) during the probation period. A request for personal identifier search requires the completion of a "Request for Criminal Record Check Form, SHP-158K. This form may be obtained from the Missouri State Highway Patrol, CJIS Division, or via the Internet at: Criminal Record Check Form (SHP-158)

A Fingerprint Based Search requires a completed applicant fingerprint card (FD-258). The state fingerprint fee is $20.00 per request, with the exception of conceal-carry weapons permits pursuant to Section 571.101 RSMo, and the Department of Social Services for foster care placement, pursuant to Section 210.487 RSMo, which are $14.00 per request. The results of a fingerprint-based background check are considered a "positive match" and will provide closed or complete records for the requesting individual or qualified requesting entity. Closed record information includes (1) all criminal history data, including all arrests (filed or not filed charges), (2) charges that have been nolle prossed, dismissed, or found not guilty in a court of law, and (3) will include any SIS after the probation period is complete.

AlbertaGovernor said:
AbuMalik said:
Guys,

Please clarify:

Or

Just PCC is enough ?

aNewHope said:
Hi All:

Thanks,

AbuMalik,

mommymutya

Nov 19, 2009
How, FBI is taking too long now! Some I know only took 4 - 6 weeks. # is 1-304-625-5590

aNewHope said:
Hi Kagan:

Would you mind sharing the number you called them at?

Thanks,

kagan said:
Hi,

Kagan