+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how long can a tfw stay in canada after the expiration of work permit?

javen

Apr 29, 2010
hi! just want to know how long can a tfw stay in canada after his work permit expired? thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

javen said:
hi! just want to know how long can a tfw stay in canada after his work permit expired? thanks!
Legally? 0 Days, you are supposed to leave when your status expires.

chief0422

Apr 6, 2011
after the expiration of your work permit you can stay for 90 days. in that case you have 90 days to look for new employer or do travel. you can also apply to extend your stay for a total of 6 months. how? you have to apply a extension or change of status and a visa officer will access your application if they will honor your request.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After your permit expires, you have 90 days to apply for a restoration of status or leave. If you want to stay longer, you can apply to change your status to visitor.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

chief0422 said:
after the expiration of your work permit you can stay for 90 days. in that case you have 90 days to look for new employer or do travel. you can also apply to extend your stay for a total of 6 months. how? you have to apply a extension or change of status and a visa officer will access your application if they will honor your request.
No, when your status ends it ends, if you haven't applied for an extension or restoration, you are supposed to leave Canada.

chief0422

Apr 6, 2011
you can stay for 90 days and extend to 6 months.. i am sure with that... i worked in canada as TFW after my contract and end of my status together with my 3 other friends we applied my restoration of status... in my case they only permit me to stay for 90 days... my 2 other friends gave then a positive result for there application of restoration. my other friend got an lmo with different employer before the end of 90 days. so what he did he just applied for a restoration and work permit and got a positive result.

PMM said:
Hi

No, when your status ends it ends, if you haven't applied for an extension or restoration, you are supposed to leave Canada.