+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How are Backlogs Counted For Student Visa in Canada..???

neerav

Dec 16, 2015
rajveer14 said:
guys there is a misconception that you have to submit your backlog certificate with your. cic does NOT even ask for your backlogs. google the spp/university checklist and see for yourself, there is no mention of it. some agents/representatives simply destroy the chances by submitting the backlog certificate. be aware guys, research for yourself before submitting or following the advice of someone.
if you have visited the cic website, you should have known that no information should be hidden from the VO otherwise, your visa can be cancelled and you will be barred from applying for visa for 5 years. this might also trouble you while applying for PR.

BEST OF LUCK

rajveer14

Feb 18, 2015
neerav said:
if you have visited the cic website, you should have known that no information should be hidden from the VO otherwise, your visa can be cancelled and you will be barred from applying for visa for 5 years. this might also trouble you while applying for PR.

BEST OF LUCK
I completely agree that no information should be hidden but only that information which is being asked. if visa office asks for your backlog than it definitely should be given, but giving needless papers/information that is not even required , only makes your file/application complex. I mean your backlogs will be anyhow apparent to visa officer by looking at year/month of passing in marksheets. so i don't think giving backlog certificate, when it is not required will make your case any stronger. whatever legit information that needs to be there or needs to be given is already in marksheet, so are not hiding anything. also usually only colleges/university require backlog certificate for admission purposes only.
i don't want to win any argument, it's just that students should have the right and correct information while applying for visa. rest it's their choice.

mohitkatti

Jan 17, 2016
Hi,

My concern is that i am having about 15 backlogs without repetations as when repeated, they are more and my cgpa is around 5 in my BE Electrical engg.

I have also completed my diploma in EE where my cpi was 7.73.

Now i wish to come to canada for further studies.
Can you suggest some thing according to my profile .
ie. where should i go, chances for my admission, visa.. etc..

it would be very helpful to me..

Waiting for your reply...

Thanks in advance..

rajveer14

Feb 18, 2015
mohitkatti said:
Hi,

My concern is that i am having about 15 backlogs without repetations as when repeated, they are more and my cgpa is around 5 in my BE Electrical engg.

I have also completed my diploma in EE where my cpi was 7.73.

Now i wish to come to canada for further studies.
Can you suggest some thing according to my profile .
ie. where should i go, chances for my admission, visa.. etc..

it would be very helpful to me..

Waiting for your reply...

Thanks in advance..
hi mohit

i don't think think you should be concerned about your backlogs. once university/college accepts you, backlogs/marks are not the criteria on which a visa officer decides your case. they are also concerned with your finances, your ties to home country i.e they should be satisfied that you have something to came back to your home country.
i have known many friends who scored near about 50% in their +2, bachelors and had many backlogs and still got visa. don't get dishearted. Atleast apply once, for you have more to gain then loose. attach a good SOP with your application and make a good representation especially in "study questionnaire" section of visa application.
as regards to where to apply- i would recommend a university. firstly focus only on universities and only if are not able to get a university, then move to colleges. and also try universities in provinces like Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan,quebec(though quebec is french province,try concordia university as it a english language university, some more may also be there try researching).also once consultant had told me that if you secure admission in quebec, your visa chances are almost certain.but still it never is 100% certain . because not many students go to these provinces as majority of them choose ontario in general and toronto in particular, so because of less competition you have more chances of securing a seat. i have heard that also sometimes VO's favour your application in these provinces because they need more manpower/human resources in these provinces.
and at last do what you think is best for you.
best of luck

mohitkatti

Jan 17, 2016
rajveer14 said:
hi mohit

i don't think think you should be concerned about your backlogs. once university/college accepts you, backlogs/marks are not the criteria on which a visa officer decides your case. they are also concerned with your finances, your ties to home country i.e they should be satisfied that you have something to came back to your home country.
i have known many friends who scored near about 50% in their +2, bachelors and had many backlogs and still got visa. don't get dishearted. Atleast apply once, for you have more to gain then loose. attach a good SOP with your application and make a good representation especially in "study questionnaire" section of visa application.
as regards to where to apply- i would recommend a university. firstly focus only on universities and only if are not able to get a university, then move to colleges. and also try universities in provinces like Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan,quebec(though quebec is french province,try concordia university as it a english language university, some more may also be there try researching).also once consultant had told me that if you secure admission in quebec, your visa chances are almost certain.but still it never is 100% certain . because not many students go to these provinces as majority of them choose ontario in general and toronto in particular. so because of less competition you have more chances of securing a seat. i have heard that also sometimes VO's favour your application in these provinces because they need more manpower/human resources in these provinces.
and at last do what you think is best for you.
best of luck
Hi,
Thanks for your valuable reply..
It will be surely most imp to me.....
Thanks

MaverickSingh

Jun 17, 2016
rajveer14 said:
anytime bro. you are most welcome.
What if you have a shitty academic profile?
I had backlogs and gave up after 4 years even though the number was low. I started working as a freelance web developer but realized at 24 I was fooling myself by not completing my B-Tech. I simply got carried away with this work at home fad. I cleared my backlogs in one go.

I'm thinking Quebec because I'm already C1 EU standard in French as I live in Chandigarh and took French classes in Alliance Francaise de Chandigarh and also took the EU standard exam.
My TOEFL score was 117. I am already a decent web developer but I'm thinking of getting a proper degree in Computer Science which covers software engineering and computational theory more.

bibin1993

Mar 7, 2017
how to count backlogs please reply as soon as possible ?

3rd semester - 3 backlogs

1 st attempt -2 solved , 1 left

2nd attempt -1 left

3rd attempt- 1 left

4th attempt-1 solved
how many backlogs i have ?

Bhavit Dave

Apr 9, 2017
My profile
10th GSEB 81%
Diploma GTU 74% last two semesters I got 8.1and 8.6 spi
Backlogs with reapeated 8
Bechlor in mechanical GTU 7.6% last two semester I got 8.1 & 8.7 spi
Backlogs with reapeated 13
IELTS overall score 6.5 not less then 6 in each module
for backlogs i have strong reason
Can any possibility to get visa for canada

pc15

Apr 27, 2017
Why does it matter?

If I say I'm lying will you stop filing?

NO!

Just have faith in the almighty and go ahead, thats what I did.

Anyhoo,
Bsc Chemistry - 60.4% overall
But 72% average in the final year which was just chemistry(Major year)
Chemical Lab technician Sheridan college.

It was a post secondary DIPLOMA!

-I already had BSC but got visa for POST SECONDARY diploma!

-Overall % was low

-Had about 9-10 backlogs, but didnt submit backlog marksheets since it didnt make sense the way my college put marks in backlog marksheets and would have confused the VO even more.

- I believed in him and almost every damn day for an entire month polished my SOP.

Filed it, everyone was getting visas or rejections in 1-2 weeks since we filed 3 months before the intake.
But mine took 1 month for a response, but hey , it was a positive one!

Bottom line, its NOT just your marks or other stuff, its HOW you PRESENT your file and the case.
ITS NOT YOUR SKILLS OR MARKS IN THE JOB INTERVIEW, ITS HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT PRESENTING WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU KNOW.

In this case, we dont have that chance of interview and its just the SOP that we have.

They HAVE to read it if you submit a SOP (But keep it short).

Whatever he does is for our own good, work hard and never say its Over.

Take care!
Hi, Really liked what you said. Thumbs up. It is very inspiring. I have MCA, but applying for Diploma in Business Studies. I don't know what happens, but i have faith in HIM.

Tarunbir91

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
India
I had 24 backlogs. I got in Dalhouise University. It makes a little difference.

You should try Lakehead University. You will have higher changes of getting it.

I had 24 backlogs. I got in Dalhouise University. It makes a little difference.

You should try Lakehead University. You will have higher changes of getting it.

Sir, I also want to apply for MS in Dalhousie University and I have 70 percent in last 2 years of my b.tech degree. Can i get accepted in dalhousie uni for ms in ece ?

anveshkeesara

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hello
All , do any body have profile of completing BTech or BE in 5 years instead of 4 years
Due to back logs ??

Any body got visa ?

raghavandra

Sep 29, 2014
Hi All,

I have completed my degree in 2015 with 2 years extension with 20 backlogs. But I got a job in next 2 months. Now I have 2 years of core experience as an SAP consultant in MNC. Now, I want to pursue in PG diploma course in Canada. Any suggestions.

Rahul rai

Dec 2, 2017
Hello I have completed engineerig in electronic and telecommunications and now I'm planning for higher studies from Canada, I have 10 backlogs in diploma and 4 in bachelor, can I get offer letter from any Canadian college or university Please help me out