14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
BCguy said:
POLO is the Philippines Overseas labour Office,In Western Canada it is headed by Atty Bernie Julve who is in charge of Western Canada.All contracts have to be authenticated at his office before the worker leaves for Canada.Without POLO clearance your worker can be held at the airport even if he has his ticket and visa.Bernie is a personal friend who I know very well since he refers Filipinos to me who need help from the BC goverment.Call up the the POLO office in Vancouver If you are from B.C,Yukon,Alberta and Saskatchewan.Look for his assistant Ruth,She is helpful if she is not yet back from her holiday,look for Roy Bernie s assistant and feel free to contact me with any questions by PM.Good luck
Do they have a satellite office in Alberta?

carlito

Nov 8, 2008
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC VEGRAVILLE/LOCAL CIC ALBERTA/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(LC1) 17/03/2009 VEGRA / (LC2) 13/07/2009 CEM
Doc's Request.
(LC1) 23/09/2009 LOC.CIC (LC2) 11/11/2009 CEM
AOR Received.
(LC2)13/07/2009
File Transfer...
(LC1) 28/09/2009 Local CIC Alberta
Med's Request
(LC2) 29/01/2010 CEM
Med's Done....
(LC2) 15/03/2010 CEM
Interview........
(LC1) 20/06/2011 OWP
Passport Req..
(LC1) 05/05/2011 LOC.CIC / (LC2) 07/03/2010 CEM
Re: POLO a Shame on Worker from the Philippines

Its some kind of bureaucratic form of present government from gloria redtapes

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
I know,If you see what a mess it is inside,For goodness sakes,They keeps checks in a shoebox,But That is now the law and because of the treaties with Canada and the Philippines,That is now the law for Canada as well

c.serrano

Nov 14, 2008
Paulie, the POLO requirement for Alberta (Julve's territory) was implemented by the POEA late September of this year. Prior to that, workers applying for an OEC are given the addendum in the POEA, they send it to their employers for signing, and then when returned is submitted to the POEA.

Since the implementation of verification started, a Filipino who receives his TFW visa after applying and getting hired directly, the employee and employer will have to undergo this process / submit these documents to POLO Vancouver before being issued an OEC:

1. Special Power of Attorney (SPA) of the Employer (the Principal) to the licensed Philippine recruitment agency (the Agent).

2. Special Power of Attorney of the Direct Employer to the Third Party Representative if the latter is the Principal.

3. Special Power of Attorney of the Third Party Representative to the Philippine licensed recruitment agency.

* SPAs must be duly notarized by a person, solicitor or barrister commissioned to act as notary public.

4. Manpower request or job order

5. A Valid Labor Market Opinion (LMO) issued by the HRSDC/Service Canada.

6. Copy of the business or commercial registration of the principal.

7. Copy of the license of the Third Party Representative.

8. Master Employment Contract. If the Principal is a Third Party Representative.

9. Individual Employment Contract for each of the workers.

10. Addendum to the Contract

11. Copy of a Photo ID of the employer who's signing the papers

12. Pre-paid return Xpresspost Envelope

13. Bank Certified Check worth US$80 Payable to the Philippine Overseas Labor Office

14. Bank Certified Check worth CAD$28.75 Payable to the Philippine Consulate General

Make sure to make 3 copies of everything including your contract and addendum. Take note, originals only so even if HRSDC or the Canadian Embassy accepted the photocopy of your contract, Mr. Julve won't. He wants the originals, period. So you better save on courier fees which cost $50 each way.

After you've accomplished all of the above, wait for one week and then follow-up with the POLO Vancouver office (604) 6825770 and POEA in Manila if the employee's name appears in the list of verified applications.

On a side note, Mr. Julve might want to visit the POEA and hang out near the window where they process these verification requests so he can meet the dozens of crying workers who have visas but because their employers find the above requirements unnecessary, they don't want to sign anything else and so they cancel instead.

Hope this was helpful.

paulie said:
Thanks BCguy and Cez your immediate reply....I'm just wondering if the POLO requirement is covered for "all" direct hired workers from the Phils, including the caregivers.

I have a friend who got her employment contract and LMO last March 2008 and there was no authentication from POLO when she got it. Does it mean she needs to return the documents to her employer and ask them to have POLO authenticate the LMO?

Also what is the purpose of this POLO authentication? Does the employer need to pay certain fees for this service? How much? and how long does it take?

Sorry I have lots of questions, but hope you will be patient enough to answer them.

Many thanks!!!

PS. I will try to get to the website and number that you mentioned.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
But I heard that He is going to be on a 5 year Assignment in Vancouver,Thats his tour of duty here.So He is not going back anytime soon to the Philippines.That being said,you do realize that POLO and POEA have no power of PNP since They cannot interfere with Immigration to Canada,Thats why my friends are using the PNP way and bringing the workers and their families as Provicial Nominees,So NO POINTS NO IELTS NO LMO NO ELMO NO POEA NO POLO NO JULVE

paulie

Oct 7, 2008
Hi C.Serrano!

Thank you so much for the post regarding the POLO requirements....honestly, i'm loss for words with the documents needed .... why do they need this documents??? and do they have the capability to really check ??? from what I heard its a hole in one office...Did you see the posting here of one of the Canadian employer who want to hire filipino worker and he send his check with POLO and the check got lost somewhere...this is the office that's handling this process...
All I can say is GOD help us!!!!!

BTW my friend's job is a live-in-caregiver...does the document requirement change?

migwelder

Star Member
Oct 22, 2008
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Nomination.....
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
BCguy you think this POLO thing is a lost of time and money (waiting for the worker) for Canadian employers? What's the use of registering with POEA here in Manila when the worker got their visas. You'll also go to POEA to attend a seminar before you leave the country. And then getting US$80 and CA$30 from employers? I hope this will not discourage small companies who want's to hire pinoys instead of other races.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
In the case of hiring 5 workers or less,You only need a simple authentication and do not need to go through an agency.This is the way to go,Going through larger batches takes time,Another option is PNP for some employers to bring them into Canada for the skilled workers.Right now,That office needs more staff,Imagine 2 people proccesing everything for Western Canada,It is a real bottleneck

c.serrano

Nov 14, 2008
BCGuy, so you mean the PNP bound to Canada won't be blocked at the airports when they have no OEC's? That's good news, but PNP applications take 8 to 10 months to process at the Canadian Embassy in Manila while TFWP applications take only 4 to 5 months. Live-in caregivers, on the other hand, takes 18 to 20 months.

Paulie, the requirements above apply to Live-in caregivers and semi-skilled workers (housekeepers, servers, etc.). Mr. Julve and POLO are there to "protect" workers from fake employers and these requirements are "supposed to" prevent it from happening. I'm sure their intentions are noble but the way they're implementing and regulating it is awful. Yes, it's such a mess that POLO Vancouver never answers their phone anymore. The machine just prompts you to email them (so they can ignore you again).

Two legitimate employers I know who have been getting Filipinos ever since have now chosen to get workers from Korea and HongKong instead when they found out about all these new hurdles. At least POLO Vancouver is successful at doing one thing, turning off employers to hire Filipinos.

One last note, did you know that name-hires (hired directly) are charged P6,900 for the OEC or exit clearance while those who went through a POEA registered agency are charged only P2,100 ? It's a mystery to me why the Philippines is charging more the people who have the self-initiative to look for and process their own applications abroad.

paulie

Oct 7, 2008
That's the reason most filipinos prefer to file their application to Canada in other countries, because its much faster and cheaper considering they do not need to go to POEA and pay all the fees...sad for those who are still stuck in this country and had to deal with the corruption and the incompetent of "most" people in the goverment.

The POLO is really the height of stupidity ...considering that the OFW is the lifeblood of our economy its really beyond comprehension why would they want to to put this process which will lead to additional months for the filipino worker to stay in the country without a job, instead of starting a new life in Canada and to send the all important remittance to his family in the Philippines.

Yes the Filipino worker needs protection.....ironically from its goverment.

amyrco

Dec 13, 2008
galario1967 said:
I am an employer I found a worker. he is from Philipines. I can arrange him LMO. I know how to do it.
How long will he wait for the interview in Canadian embassy in the Philippines?

Gud Day po..Im just new here in the forum,
I would like to inquire if u could help me find an employer,,I am from the philippimes a reg nurse with 4 years experience passed my ielts already as well.Currently I applied with the SRNA(reg nurse) and waiting foir the result of my elgblity..I started to filke for anelgibilty foirst befor looking for an employr,,,I hope and pray someone can help me with an employer,,,
Thank you

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
We would want you badly for BC,I just helped 2 nurses get placed yesterday from the Philippines.Contact Health Match BC if you want to work for the Goverment or www.ugnayanfoundation.com especially for Filipino nurses. to BC.Life in BC,Google Welcome BC our official website for prospective Immigrants