+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

High Blood Pressure in Medical test

rahiblogger

Sep 22, 2017
Dear All,

High BP is no problem.
It happened to me.
They have send for furtherance tests-cardiologist report.
ECG an ECHO test which was normal.
************If your BP is above 140/90*************************
I have passed the medicals too.
If you are on medication and BP is under control, then that is fine.
Recently completed my student medical test and , in 1 attempt my bp was around 150 but after some times,in 2nd attempt, it was 140/85 recored. They did nothing extra test ,like ECG and other, after that.
Give me a slip and said “now can go”.my blood and urine reports were completly normal.
Was it normal? Or i could get mail from canadian vo for extra test?

deekhael

Oct 18, 2017
Last October 6, 2017, i had my final medical for Canada visa application. All laboratory test including serum creatinine and x ray were normal except for high blood pressure (157/100). The doctor ask me to have a medical check up to a cardiologist and ask for a medical clearance. My 2d echo was normal and stress test was normal too. I got my clearance with a diagnosis of hypertension controlled. However, i am worried because i told to the doctor that my mother has hypertension. My only concerns are the following:
1) does family history with hypertension affects visa rejection even if my status of hypertension is controlled and my tests were normal?
2) Is hypertension ground for disqualification for canada visa application?
3) does anyone here from Philippines with the same status as mine?

Thank you!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Last October 6, 2017, i had my final medical for Canada visa application. All laboratory test including serum creatinine and x ray were normal except for high blood pressure (157/100). The doctor ask me to have a medical check up to a cardiologist and ask for a medical clearance. My 2d echo was normal and stress test was normal too. I got my clearance with a diagnosis of hypertension controlled. However, i am worried because i told to the doctor that my mother has hypertension. My only concerns are the following:
1) does family history with hypertension affects visa rejection even if my status of hypertension is controlled and my tests were normal?

Thank you!

Your medical results alone count and family history doesn't matter. You will pass medical if your results are normal

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Recently completed my student medical test and , in 1 attempt my bp was around 150 but after some times,in 2nd attempt, it was 140/85 recored. They did nothing extra test ,like ECG and other, after that.
Give me a slip and said “now can go”.my blood and urine reports were completly normal.
Was it normal? Or i could get mail from canadian vo for extra test?
If it was not under 140/90, you might get further medical tests likely for hypertension. Generally serum creatinine gets checked.

deekhael

Oct 18, 2017

Thank you!

I ALREADY GOT MY VISA LAST NOVEMBER 16 2017. MY AGENT CALLED ME AROUND 9PM TO TELL ME THAT MY VISA HAS ALREADY BEEN DELIVERED TO THEIR OFFICE. I AM SO HAPPY!

NAVIN146

Aug 19, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I had my upfront medicals last week...everything went well except my BP 155/90. Cretenine test results were ok, but i was called by the hospital and referred to a cardiologist. ECG result turned out to be ok as well.

Since my medicals last week I started checking my BP and its around 127/88 at home but whenever I go to the hospital it shooots upto 150/90o_Oo_O

I am 37, today they have asked me for further tests..though ECG was ok..they will put me 24hrs BP observation machine and will take my blood test for cholestrol.:confused:

Hope everything turns out to be ok:D and doesnt effect my application!!
Hi Usijan,

i am facing exactly similar situation like you. can you tell me what happened later. did you clear the medicals.

jerinjack

Jun 20, 2017
If all your medical reports are normal then you don't need to worry.
Just got to know that ECG and Echo was fine.. Creatinine has been detected as 1.4 :S which according to the diagnostic centre is "Ok", as 0.8 - 1.4 is considered for permissible (But i am not sure of it).

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Just got to know that ECG and Echo was fine.. Creatinine has been detected as 1.4 :S which according to the diagnostic centre is "Ok", as 0.8 - 1.4 is considered for permissible (But i am not sure of it).
I have my Creatinine 67 and eGFR 120 which are within a range of normal values. I have blood in urine +2 but somehow I passed my medical exam. you will be too. Don't worry.