+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hi there, Im new in here.

julitotz

Aug 21, 2017
i just have a question regarding my sponsopship application.. i am a canadian citizen here in canada and im trying to sponsor my common law partner back home in the Philippines. i have not submit the application yet. but i was just wondering, can i leave canada once i submit the application? can i go back to the philippines and just update her application while im in the philippines?

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Yes, you can leave since you are Canadian citizen. If you just stay there with your spouse for a couple months then it's totally fine. For those who left Canada and living in another country for a long time ,they need a comeback plan to convince the vo that they will establish their life in Canada after pr application being accepted.

julitotz

Aug 21, 2017
if i submit the application, am i supposed to receive something from them? i mean like a confirmation saying that theyve received my application before i leave canada. or ot doesnt matter?

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
I would honestly say that do not leave until you get the approval yourself as the primary sponsorer. I got this advise from my lawyer. I would say go after you receive the approval for yourself then go see your wife just to be on the safe side.