+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hepatitis B and immigration

pankajcoo

Oct 1, 2015
Hi,

Any one can help me.

My wife having Hepatitis B positive, Can I apply Canada express entry immigration visa?

your prompt response is very much appreciated.

Damdam

Apr 24, 2017
babycakes_CA said:
My husband had the same case. What we did was we provided the DMP with my husband's lab results, abdominal xrays, and certification from his hepa consultant that his hepa B is "inactive" and non-communicable. I think it will depend on the SGPT/SGOT result of your lab, if its normal, hepa B carrier will pass the med test.

Actually, CIC looked more on his previous TB history, though it was inactive. My baby and I had no issue eith health. But my husband was requested for a sputum test and before/after sputum test xray. This has caused us delay of 8 weeks for the sputum test result.

We got our visa yesterday, apr 21. But, there was an attached medical surveillance form on his COPR probably because of the TB history.
Hi babycakes, i know this is a post from way back but just hoping you or someone who can give proper advise would see this. I am the primary applicant and i have been diagnosed with Hep B. Though i am yet to do my medicals, this has me really bothered. My viral load is 26 and the gastro said there is no need for any treatment. What are my chances of having a successful medicals.

yaddi1992

Jul 21, 2017
hello guys!
I want to come to canada on a student visa .I got my visa rejected from new zealand because of hepatitis b .now that hbv dna is less than 20 and all other reports are normal except the hbsag and hbeag are still positive in my case and currently i am taking medication from my home country .So,anyone could please guide me on this as i want to come there as a student and is hep b a issue for student visa and will it be a issue when i will be applying for residency there .My gastroenterologist says that i just need to take medicine till 1 year after hbeag test gets negative .please help with that .
Thanks

Deepakumari

Aug 23, 2017
Hi
Am M.Sc Nurse. Am Chronic HBsAg positive but all other parameters are negative.. Can I study or migrate to Canada
Kindly help me

tigerph

Apr 5, 2017
Hello,

In a few days from now i will undergo a medical exam for my work permit visa application. Im scared but pretty sure that i can get my working visa. Im a chronic hepa B carrier but i know God will help me pass through this. Just sharing.

Deepakumari

Aug 23, 2017
Hello,

In a few days from now i will undergo a medical exam for my work permit visa application. Im scared but pretty sure that i can get my working visa. Im a chronic hepa B carrier but i know God will help me pass through this. Just sharing.
May God bless you.. R u nurse.. Kindly let me know your proceedings..Thanks

Deepakumari

Aug 23, 2017
Hello,

May God bless you.. R u nurse.. Kindly let me know your proceedings..Thanks

Deepakumari

Aug 23, 2017
Hello,

FarhanAli

Dec 25, 2017
hello guys!
I want to come to canada on a student visa .I got my visa rejected from new zealand because of hepatitis b .now that hbv dna is less than 20 and all other reports are normal except the hbsag and hbeag are still positive in my case and currently i am taking medication from my home country .So,anyone could please guide me on this as i want to come there as a student and is hep b a issue for student visa and will it be a issue when i will be applying for residency there .My gastroenterologist says that i just need to take medicine till 1 year after hbeag test gets negative .please help with that .
Thanks
Yaddi I have the same case. I am taking tablets from my home country and I have seroconverted for HBeAg - but HBsAg +. Can You please guide me what happened to your application. Ill be highly indebted to you.

smiley04

Sep 23, 2018
Hi..

Im from philippines a hepa b chronic carrier.
Me and my partner is processing a common law application for working permit/permanent residence..

My partner had no idea about my health condition. I had my last lab test yr 2016 with DNA VIRAL of 120 and my ALT/SGPT are within ranger and my liver ultrasound is normal..

Since were planning to go in canada i went back to my doctor in st.lukes hosp to check again my hepa condition..

Do i need to disclose my condition during my medical ?

Im very worried about my condition,i hope and pray that will have a chance to get a visa..

Nana Twum

Oct 13, 2018
Hi..

Im from philippines a hepa b chronic carrier.
Me and my partner is processing a common law application for working permit/permanent residence..

My partner had no idea about my health condition. I had my last lab test yr 2016 with DNA VIRAL of 120 and my ALT/SGPT are within ranger and my liver ultrasound is normal..

Since were planning to go in canada i went back to my doctor in st.lukes hosp to check again my hepa condition..

Do i need to disclose my condition during my medical ?

Im very worried about my condition,i hope and pray that will have a chance to get a visa..
Yes Please! You have to let the doctor know about your condition. You are also suppose to take with you any medical test you have taken concerning your medical condition. This will help the doctor to assess your situation very quick. Whatever you do, the blood test will include Hepatitis test. It will save you money and time if the doctor have access to your previous test.
Moreover, it is likely you will pass the medical test if your vitals are good and the viral load is low. Keep on with prayers and everything will be just fine!

smiley04

Sep 23, 2018
Yes Please! You have to let the doctor know about your condition. You are also suppose to take with you any medical test you have taken concerning your medical condition. This will help the doctor to assess your situation very quick. Whatever you do, the blood test will include Hepatitis test. It will save you money and time if the doctor have access to your previous test.
Moreover, it is likely you will pass the medical test if your vitals are good and the viral load is low. Keep on with prayers and everything will be just fine!

Hi nana twum
Thank you for your response and thank you for giving me hope..

I already got my result to my gastro in st.lukes my viral load went up to 179 IU/ML still in low viral load then my SGPT/ALT went down to 21 U/L...

I will be having my MEDICAL IN CIC at the end of this month, i pray and hope that i'll be given a chance to pass my medical and have my visa..

Reactions: Nana Twum