+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help with visitors visa refusal

YuriDaza

Sep 20, 2017
Good afternoon, i would like to get some advice regarding a visitor visa I was requesting for sister which was rejected in August. with the next description

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you application meets the requirements of
the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. Please note that only the grounds that are checked off apply to the refusal of your application.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

travel history
Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
Purpose of visit
Personal assets and financial status

I have requested the GCMS notes:

PA shows modest economic situation, unclear source of savings deposited last month. no info regarding husbands income. no significant travel history. pull factor in Cda. based on docs submitted. I am not satisfied that if granted entry PA would comply with R179 obligations.

We can show where that savings came from and add up her husbands income and financial history. But what means no significant travel history. She did travel to Cuba and Dominican Republic as a Tourist and we send that stamps to prove it. what else is needed, what if she never went out of the country? wont she be eligible, Sounds discriminatory to me. Pull factor in Cda., does this mean they are taking my sponsorship as a tie to Canada? and so is a ground for refusal. She was just wanting to come to visit for 2 weeks. My parents were granted a visa in June and they don't seem to care I was sponsoring them. They stayed 3 weeks and leave on the day they said they will. should I mention that as well if I reapply. Hope you can give me some guidance here. as I'm a little puzzled.

Thanks In advance.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
We can show where that savings came from and add up her husbands income and financial history. But what means no significant travel history. She did travel to Cuba and Dominican Republic as a Tourist and we send that stamps to prove it. what else is needed, what if she never went out of the country? wont she be eligible, Sounds discriminatory to me.
Generally they want to see similar trips, that is a trip to a country that requires a Visa for the same amount of time.

Pull factor in Cda., does this mean they are taking my sponsorship as a tie to Canada? and so is a ground for refusal.
Are you sponsoring her for PR? Or what do you mean by sponsorship?

She was just wanting to come to visit for 2 weeks. My parents were granted a visa in June and they don't seem to care I was sponsoring them. They stayed 3 weeks and leave on the day they said they will. should I mention that as well if I reapply. Hope you can give me some guidance here. as I'm a little puzzled.
You cannot sponsor anyone on TRV, you can act as host.

Yes, different rules apply for parents and a sister. Your sister might want to immigrate, find a job and stay, your parents are less likely to do so.

YuriDaza

Sep 20, 2017
Still doesn't make sense what if someone never travelled. Which was my parents case. Even a friend came here and he never went to a required visa country. I imagine that is arguable or am I wrong?

I was acting as host, said that I will have her in my apartment and pay for her food and many things that we might do here. Including the tickets. Isn't that a sponsoring?.

Thanks.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The difference being that there is no obligation for you to pay or supply anything. Sponsorship involves a commitment to provide support that the government can recoup at a later date if you don't.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Still doesn't make sense what if someone never travelled. Which was my parents case. Even a friend came here and he never went to a required visa country. I imagine that is arguable or am I wrong?
You are taking things too literally. Use common sense.

If they never travelled under the original terms of the TRV then the host has no responsibility whatsoever. That is the main difference with between a host/sponsor, the host can't really be held responsible for anything.

I was acting as host, said that I will have her in my apartment and pay for her food and many things that we might do here. Including the tickets. Isn't that a sponsoring?.
No. Sponsoring implies showing the government of Canada you will do so, with for example, letter of employment, tax returns, bank accounts, etc. Sponsoring also makes you liable if you do not do so, also renders the other person inadmissible to some immigration programs.

Sponsors are a completely different thing.

YuriDaza

Sep 20, 2017
Well I'm not a lawyer and taking things literal is what I do, but I just read in another post You answered that travelling history ground is just an addition when the application is weak.

So I did send letter of employment, tax returns, bank accounts, etc. with the letter of invitation. Still not my thing simple IT here, that's why I asked for some guidance, on how to proceed if I want to reapply :)

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Order the GCMS notes before you do. It will give you more detail from the VO who reviewed the application as to why it was rejected. You can then address those issues.
Just guesses but Her travel history is weak (Cuba and DR don't really count. She need history from places that require visas.....US, UK, etc). She has limited funds to pay for the trip herself. She has no property. She's single and you live here.
They feel she isn't going to leave.
You will need to provide evidence she is going to leave (writing a note that says she will leave is t good enough). The burden is on her to provide the proof that she can afford the trip and that she is going to leave in the end. Given the current refugee crisis in Quebec and the current state of central/south America it might be tough to overcome.

YuriDaza

Sep 20, 2017
This is what the GCMS notes says

PA shows modest economic situation, unclear source of savings deposited last month. no info regarding husbands income. no significant travel history. pull factor in Cda. based on docs submitted. I am not satisfied that if granted entry PA would comply with R179 obligations.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
but I just read in another post You answered that travelling history ground is just an addition when the application is weak.
Yup, that is correct. People without travel history can perfectly get a TRV if their case is solid.

So I did send letter of employment, tax returns, bank accounts, etc. with the letter of invitation. Still not my thing simple IT here, that's why I asked for some guidance, on how to proceed if I want to reapply :)
Seems you over did it. The host shouldn't send so much. Your sister is the one that has to show all these documents with solid finances to afford the trip. Make sure she includes all of this so CIC can see she can afford the trip and she has no reason to immigrate. Failing to do so will render in another refusal.