dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
Hi all,
For PR application, I need to draft LOE for the situation below. English is not my first language and that is why I am not confident. Hero member from this site helped me with below but I would love more suggestions/comments changes..I would appreciate your suggestions a lot. thanks

(Your address]

[Date of preparation of letter]

[Address of local Canadian Embassy]

Re: Letter of Explanation regarding work history between August 1 and August 19, 2017

Dear Sir/Madame (or To Whom It May Concern):

Thank you for considering my application, thus far. If you will permit me, I would like to provide clarification on my work history between August 1, 2016 and August 19, 2016.

Prior to August 1, 2016, I was working in Canada, legally, on a study permit and was working for 20-hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title) through my off-campus work permit from February 1, 2016 to July 30, 2016.

However, after submitting my thesis and its being accepted in July 2016, I was advised by an immigration consultant that I could work full-time while waiting for the letter from the Registrar's Office advising of the completion of my Master's program. As such, on August 1, 2016, I proceeded to start working for 26.25 hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title). Fortunately, I received a letter through email from the Registrar's Office advising that I had officially completed my program on August 19, 2016;I obtained my PGWP through flagpoling on the same day (August 19, 2016).

I now realize, however, that my immigration consultant's advice was incorrect and this means that I was working for more hours than my off-campus work permit allowed, and without being on implied status between August 1, 2016 and August 19, 2016.

I wanted to ensure that I was completely up front about this in my application, and am humbly asking that you not count this action against me in considering my permanent residency application. I do understand that it was my responsibility to ensure that I complied, in full, with the terms of my permit, and accept this. However, I hope that I can receive consideration for the fact that the error was not made purposively, but through my ill-advised (yet hopefully understandable) reliance on my immigration consultant.

Please note, as well, that I do not expect the work experience gained during this period (August 1 - August 19, 2016) to be counted toward my permanent residency application in anyway.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and, thank you, again, for your review and consideration of my application.

Yours sincerely,

[Your full name]
[Your travel document number]
[Your phone number]
[Your email address]