+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP - Renewal Open Work Permit 1 month to expiry !!! HELP

Sep 3, 2015
Hi group,

Please, enlighten me with your wisdom and experience. Answer as many question as you want ;)
Thank you in advance!

MY SITUATION : I am a common law of a skilled worker in the national classification 0, a or B, with a closed WP and visa till may/2019. My open work permit and visa expires in 19 may 2017, besause when I entered Canada my passeport would also expiry those dates. I live in Quebec, I come from Brazil.
Now, I already have a new passport, so I am able to start the process.

I'll try to go straight with my concerns :

1. What would it be the form? Would it be the << IMM5707 Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker>> ?
1.1 If YES, I already filled it, but what am I am applying for??
1.1.a A WORK PERMIT WITH THE SAME EMPLOYER ?
1.1.b RESTORATION OF YOUR STATUS AS A WORKER ?

-> MAINLY QUESTION : WHICH ONE OF THOSE? OR BOTH (since it exists option to choose two)??

2. I was suggested some options of friends who already lived that, as in : "go in the border Canada/USA and the immigration office of Canada will renewal your work permit with the new date od expiry from your passport, automatecally"!
**BUT I don't want to risk go to USA because I don't have visa for there.

->->-> MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION : Could I go to another country for like 3 days which do not demand visa (as to Ireland? Any Latin country? My home country, and get back before the 19 may ?
2.1 IF YES, the immigration at the airport is going to renewal my work permit and visa at the border in the airport when entering back to Canada, at the airport?
2.2 OR is it too risk and should I apply online as soon as posible and not risk apply after the 19 april? Is there any terible consequence appliynf after?

IF YOU KNOW, NEXT QUESTION IS JUST A PLUS :
3. When I enter in the *implied status*, what do I do about my healthcare insurance (Carte de Soleil du Quebec)?
3.1. Is there any chance/option in being covered yet?
3.2. If not, Should I contact a private insurance? What would it be (any suggestions of entreprises)?

Thank you!! ;D