+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding Enterpreneur Visa for a new comer.

marmiteminer

Aug 24, 2016
Goa
Hi people,

Please read my case: I would like to immigrate to Canada & gain a Permanent Residency. Difficulty in my case is I don't have a bachelor's degree/formal work experience. :(

I went through entrepreneur visa program, that raised my hopes for a PR. The important part mentioned is: Securing the Letter of Support from (designated organization)

How to choose between Venture/Angel/Incubator? I am not sure how to handle that part! I could fund my startup by my own, still do I need their support?.

About me:
I am a single healthy person aged 23, decently creative & innovative.
Have sufficient funds to fund myself & my startup.
Don't have a bachelor's degree/Formal work experience
Nationality is Indian. English communication skills are great.
I have no relatives/friends living in Canada.

I am inexperienced when it comes to immigration, but I am willing to learn quickly. I am happy to contribute towards Canadian economy. Request you all to kindly guide me,

-Thank you very much! :)

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
At the CIC Page theres a lot information about tthis type, it depends wich of the programs you want to apply.

Danny8965

Jul 26, 2017
You need to apply through the start up visa program ... to do this , you need to approach all the incubators , angel investors & venture capitalists & see who is willing to sponsor you ... you will be lucky to have one ! Which is enough ... access their website & see their requirements for the start up visa ...even if you have $$$..u still need their sponsorship by convincing them of your technology based business....or , it doesn’t work for this program.

Reactions: marmiteminer

Matt99

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Start up visa is not the only option for entrepeneurs or business men for example there is also and investor visa check it out on cic.gc site

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Start up visa is not the only option for entrepeneurs or business men for example there is also and investor visa check it out on cic.gc site
Federal investor program has been closed to new applications since 2014.

aboudenerf

Dec 23, 2017
Hi people,

Please read my case: I would like to immigrate to Canada & gain a Permanent Residency. Difficulty in my case is I don't have a bachelor's degree/formal work experience. :(

I went through entrepreneur visa program, that raised my hopes for a PR. The important part mentioned is: Securing the Letter of Support from (designated organization)

How to choose between Venture/Angel/Incubator? I am not sure how to handle that part! I could fund my startup by my own, still do I need their support?.

About me:

I am inexperienced when it comes to immigration, but I am willing to learn quickly. I am happy to contribute towards Canadian economy. Request you all to kindly guide me,

marmiteminer

Aug 24, 2016
Goa
Hey all,

Im grateful for the responses.

Update: I sent emails to all listed VC/Angel/Incubators, but it appears most of them are not interested enough to bring talented people to Canada.

I also contacted a Canadian Lawyer who said - this is a common thing, Entrepreneur Visa program is a failure and hasn't brought talented people into Canada in good numbers at all.

Now I am clueless what to do! Can any experienced members guide me through please?
Should I look at Provincial Investor program? Since Federal one is closed.
Are there any community based immigration programs which might support PNP nomination?

Thank you!

Merry X-Mas :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you looked into the regular Express Entry / Federal Skilled Worker program? Do you qualify under that program and have sufficient points to be selected? If so, this would be the best option.

marmiteminer

Aug 24, 2016
Goa
Have you looked into the regular Express Entry / Federal Skilled Worker program? Do you qualify under that program and have sufficient points to be selected? If so, this would be the best option.
Thanks for the reply, Yeah I looked into Points calculator - I am not sure if I am eligible for Express Entry without a bachelor's Degree?

and to be eligible for FSW, the cic website says that I should be able to prove my work experience. (formally employed workers may get a signed document from the employer stating number of hours worked, position held etc)

I was self employed since last 2 years as:
Seller on eBay selling audio products (NOC: Retail Salesperson 6421 Type C)
Writing reviews of products on a website (NOC: Journalist 5123 Type A)
But again not sure if they will admit me with those online experience :(

Would there be any similar community based immigration like Morden?

What do you think?

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You an apply for Express Entry without a Bachelor but it's harder to achieve the required points to qualify. Only work experience under NOC A, B and 0 occupations can be counted. Yes - you must be able to prove you work experience.

I can't comment on Morden - although I'm sure you still have to be able to prove you work experience to apply (I think this will be true of any Canadian immigration program). There are existing discussions in the PNP section of the forum and I would recommend you go there and join the existing discussions if you are interested in the Morden program.

mpnpb17

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Hi people,

About me:

How much do you have to invest is the BIG Question? You real estate properties can help you a lot to raise money.
Not having a bachelor degree is not a problem, You can Graduate at any time, even in canada.

How do you suppose to establish your self in Canada for a living even after getting a PR?

Getting a PR doesn't fetch you a living, you should be capable of making a living.

SO you have two options in your hand. IF you are still unmarried and 23, apply for a student visa and study for a degree of your choice. OR If you are keen to setup a business and earn some money, You can always apply for MB or NB or BC etc state's business PNPs

Startup visa is for people with bright ideas. All normal business ideas wont fit in that category.

I am also looking to invest in Canada and apply for pr after working inside Canada. Direct PR programs takes nearly years to get processed. So, if you are interested PM me.

Thank you.