+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE!

emaseb

Jan 11, 2011
Hello folks. Im a holder of STUDENT VISA (studying a vocational course in a field of caregiving) here in UK. And my visa will expire this coming end of May. I've got loads of queries in my head. I am applying in Canada as a Live in Caregiver. My situation is, I already have my employer and few days ago they just recently made the advertisement in the newspaper for them to be able to apply an LMO to HRSDC. First question is how long would it take for me to wait to have the positive LMO? And plus the wait for the advertisement? How about when applying in the Canadian embassy here in LOndon? Usually, how long is the wait to process a WP here in the vo in London? Do you guys think I can have a WP before May? Coz you see, I only have like 4 months left to stay legally here in UK. I dont know what to do when my visa expires. Coz it's either I'll stay here illegally or I'll be send back home...but that, I dont want to happen. What if after I submitted my application to the Canadian embassy here in UK I still don't have the result after my visa's expiry date? What shall I do? Help guys, I need your help!
Thanking you!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Ad is mandatory=> 14 days minimum at the job bank; employer must show proof that no Canadian Citizen, PR applied or qualified for the job. LMO app is 4 to 6 weeks sometimes more or less depending on the province.
quote author=emaseb link=topic=61631.msg559981#msg559981 date=1294874017]
Hello folks. Im a holder of STUDENT VISA (studying a vocational course in a field of caregiving) here in UK. And my visa will expire this coming end of May. I've got loads of queries in my head. I am applying in Canada as a Live in Caregiver. My situation is, I already have my employer and few days ago they just recently made the advertisement in the newspaper for them to be able to apply an LMO to HRSDC. First question is how long would it take for me to wait to have the positive LMO? And plus the wait for the advertisement? How about when applying in the Canadian embassy here in LOndon? Usually, how long is the wait to process a WP here in the vo in London? Do you guys think I can have a WP before May? Coz you see, I only have like 4 months left to stay legally here in UK. I dont know what to do when my visa expires. Coz it's either I'll stay here illegally or I'll be send back home...but that, I dont want to happen. What if after I submitted my application to the Canadian embassy here in UK I still don't have the result after my visa's expiry date? What shall I do? Help guys, I need your help!
Thanking you!
[/quote]

job seeker3

Jan 27, 2012
salary calculation

hello! i need help please,,i am under live in caregiver,,my contract states 40hrs/week at 10.56/hr,,i received my first salary..i am payed as bi weekly,,its 467.90 for the first 2 weeks,,is it correct? she deduct my room and board which amounted to 85.25/week and along others that i need to pay,,,my net is supposed to be 467.90 as a minimum wage ?i was just wondering,,because what i know is at least 1100/month?im confused and im not sure if i am going to approach my employer and ask her,,she might get mad fo asking her,,,please tell me how much should im suppose to get?thank you very much,,

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: salary calculation

job seeker3 said:
hello! i need help please,,i am under live in caregiver,,my contract states 40hrs/week at 10.56/hr,,i received my first salary..i am payed as bi weekly,,its 467.90 for the first 2 weeks,,is it correct? she deduct my room and board which amounted to 85.25/week and along others that i need to pay,,,my net is supposed to be 467.90 as a minimum wage ?i was just wondering,,because what i know is at least 1100/month?im confused and im not sure if i am going to approach my employer and ask her,,she might get mad fo asking her,,,please tell me how much should im suppose to get?thank you very much,,
compute here if you get the same amount of deductions. e.g CPP, EI and Federal Tax. Room and board is 85.25 bi weekly if you are from Toronto. http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/pdoc/

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Re: salary calculation

She should give you a pay stub which shows your gross earnings, deductions and net pay. There's no harm in asking your employer to explain the deductions made on your salary. Just don't be confrontational. Based on your territory and your gross pay for 80 hours you should be receiving aroung 547- but you said there deductions on top of the tax, cpp and ei plus room and board so factor that in.

job seeker3 said: