+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help please , Bryanna,scylla

ulo

Sep 17, 2017
I need Assistance please
I need someone who need assistance I am in USA now with my family on B1/B2 visit visa with small children almost 4 days, I am planning to cross the border since I am going to apply refugee status in Canada, my question are?
1. what if i cross illegal border from US to Canada what will happen to us ?

2. I have real sister who is living in Ontario but she have only work permit ? No citizen no permanent residence ?

3. I don't have her document to show on border once i will cross what proof i required ?

4. I have her picture with me only, I dont have her contact number as well ?

5. She have applied immigration with her family will it be effected because i will enter like that ?

6. What really happen once people crossing the border illegally ? like Haitian asylum seekers

7.A family member who is 18 years of age or older and holds a valid work or study permit (other than the holder of a permit that does not confer status), and who is in Canada at the time the refugee claim is made ( this is in CIC website what is the meaning of this please)

please do reply since i am in alot of tension and trouble Thanks.
Ulo

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Your post and your situation is similar to 'herson'. If it is indeed your case, I would again recommend that you do NOT attempt an illegal border crossing + you do not attempt applying for asylum. Gang rivalry/extortion are not grounds to seek asylum.

If you do apply for asylum, it would most likely be refused and you would be removed from the country. This would make it almost impossible for you and your family to return to Canada.

I suggest you consider immigrating through an economic stream instead.

Here are the replies to 'herson':
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-refused-today-need-help-bryanna.511876/page-3#post-6287725

Cheers

ulo

Sep 17, 2017
No i will apply asylum but my case is different then him, I was business man since 2016 December but my problem happen with the government and they killed my family member, so that's why i left and come over,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
In that case then do apply for TRVs first for yourself and your family.

If you attempt to cross into Canada illegally, you will be intercepted and arrested.... then taken into police custody, questioned and you will go through identification checks.... before being handed over to CBSA who will determine if your claim for asylum is legit or not.

You must have adequate evidence to prove that you are being persecuted, your life is in danger, etc

ulo

Sep 17, 2017
I have applied TRV before i travel here today i received refusal
travel history
purpose of visiting
ties canada and back home

nno choice and i dont want to spend here in US please guide me, except VISa?

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I have applied TRV before i travel here today i received refusal
travel history
purpose of visiting
ties canada and back home

sorry just because you want something doesn't mean it will be accepted. You are denied a VISA because you have made it obvious you dont want to leave.

If you go the route you are determined to the likelihood you will be removed and you and your family banned from Canada for a very long time. This would also make it very hard to ever visit a western country again.

As Bryanna said apply for a economic visa and move there legally if this is how you want to do it.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I recommend you weigh the pros and cons of applying for asylum before you attempt any illegal crossing. You can't cross into Canada because you don't want to remain/claim asylum in the US or because you don't want to live in Country XYZ.

Hope you have strong, unquestionable evidence to prove that your life is in danger if you return to your home country. Not danger because your family member was killed. Gang wars or threats from rival groups are not grounds for seeking asylum. Nor can someone claim asylum for economic reasons.

Hope you're aware that you'll need to provide proof of relationship to your sister during the identification process. If you're unable to do so, CBSA will try to determine whether your claims are true, including by contacting her.

If (for example) you have lived/worked until recently in a third country, it could be difficult to prove that your life is in danger because you have the option to live/work in another country or to move to a different region in your home country.

In case your application for asylum fails (including any appeals), you would need to leave Canada. You would then have an almost zero chance of ever returning + it would be quite difficult to obtain visas for other countries

ulo

Sep 17, 2017
I want to apply again the TRV what are the documents shell i give again, Secondly i want to apply again I dont have much time, Last time i just mention that my sister is living Ontario I didnt mention her complete address, This time I want mention her complete address as she gave me now, do you think I need something more please help, I know my refusal reason are base on this only nothing more,
as i mention earlier. Ms, Bryanna please help me Thanks.
ulo.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I want to apply again the TRV what are the documents shell i give again,
You'll need to prove you have a genuine purpose of visit + finances to pay for your visit + strong ties to your home country/country of residence (your employment/business + property ownership + financial situation + dependent family living in those countries).

Generally, it is difficult to prove your ties to your home country when you apply from a third country (example, the US) where you have a temporary/visitor status.

Secondly i want to apply again I dont have much time,
Even if you are in a hurry, TRV processing will take as long as it needs to take. There's no way to expedite the processing.

If you reapply from the US, you could get a decision really quickly as the VO will refer to your previous application/case notes made by the previous visa officer officer..... or it could take longer than the estimated processing time (if background checks or additional information is sought from your home country).

ast time i just mention that my sister is living Ontario I didnt mention her complete address, This time I want mention her complete address as she gave me now, do you think I need something more please help, I know my refusal reason are base on this only nothing more,
as i mention earlier.
It's not as simple as you might believe i.e. your previous TRV refusal was because you didn't include your sister's address. That's not true.

Your sister has not invited you. And even if she does provide an invitation letter this time, it is not the strongest document in your application.

Your chances of getting TRVs would depend on the factors that I have mentioned above + hard evidence to prove that you are a genuine, short-term visitor (that you have reasons to return to your home country)

Reactions: Jtpolzin

ulo

Sep 17, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I would to add onemore question here, they said ties to canada, as a visitor what shoudl be ties to Canada can you please tell me?

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
You don’t want ties to Canada. Ties to Canada keep you there, they weint to see reasons you will leave and go home when you do a visa. The more ties to Canada the better chance of a refusal

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You must prove your ties to your home country and/or to your country of residence. You can go through my previous post in this thread for these ties