+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help on calculating CRS

rajatk2407

Apr 6, 2017
I tried calculating CRS score for me through the cac website. Everything looked fine but I was not clear with the score for work experience. If someone can help me with that.
I am still confused by the way CRS score is calculated for work experience.
What will be CRS score for someone with a work experience of more than 6 years in India?

Thanks.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
rajatk2407 said:
I tried calculating CRS score for me through the cac website. Everything looked fine but I was not clear with the score for work experience. If someone can help me with that.
What will be CRS score for someone with a work experience of more than 6 years in India?

Thanks.
Total CRS score will depend on a lot of factors. For work experience, it is dependent on your IELTS score. We can help better if you provide more information about your profile.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
rajatk2407 said:

Thanks.
Your work experience must be:
•at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
•paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count),
•in the same job,
•within the last 10 years, and
•at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).

With good/strong official languages proficiency (Canadian Language Benchmark [CLB] level 7 or higher) and foreign work experience, you can get 50 points. As you have over 3 years experience, you're okay.

vishwa9882

Mar 13, 2017
Hi,

Please help us on calculating CRS score. Recently, my wife and I appeared for IELTS exam and below are our scores.

My Score - L :7.5, R :6.5, W :6, S :6.5 IELTS Score - 6.5
My Wife Score - L:6, R:6, W:6, S:7 IELTS Score - 6.5

For BOTH of us WES evaluation got completed and it was 'MASTERS DEGREE'. And we both have 6+ yrs of work experience. Could some one let us know what will be our CRS score based on the above information? Can we go ahead and create EE profile ? or is it required to give IELTS test one more time ?

Thanks inadvance!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
vishwa9882 said:
Hi,

Please help us on calculating CRS score. Recently, my wife and I appeared for IELTS exam and below are our scores.

My Score - L :7.5, R :6.5, W :6, S :6.5 IELTS Score - 6.5
My Wife Score - L:6, R:6, W:6, S:7 IELTS Score - 6.5

For BOTH of us WES evaluation got completed and it was 'MASTERS DEGREE'. And we both have 6+ yrs of work experience. Could some one let us know what will be our CRS score based on the above information? Can we go ahead and create EE profile ? or is it required to give IELTS test one more time ?

Thanks inadvance!
Both your scores are very low. Play around with the CRS calculator and enter at least 8 in listening and 7 in everything else. See the big jump in your score and work towards achieving it.

vishwa9882

Mar 13, 2017
xpressentry said:
Both your scores are very low. Play around with the CRS calculator and enter at least 8 in listening and 7 in everything else. See the big jump in your score and work towards achieving it.
Thanks! We are going to give 2nd attempt in June because of unavailability of dates... Meanwhile, can we create Express Entry profiles ? After getting our 2nd attempt IELTS score, can we go and edit Express Entry profiles with new IELTS score ?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
vishwa9882 said:
Thanks! We are going to give 2nd attempt in June because of unavailability of dates... Meanwhile, can we create Express Entry profiles ? After getting our 2nd attempt IELTS score, can we go and edit Express Entry profiles with new IELTS score ?
You can create a profile with your existing score and update it with the new scores. My score jumped from 412 to 472 and I took the test 5 times: one every month from October to February. Entered the pool in march and for ITA in 6 days.