+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help needed in calculating my hours for CED

vbk.visa

May 7, 2017
Hello All,

I have few questions about my CEC mentioned below. Thanks in advance for all the people in the group who take time in clearing questions, this is a great initiative. :)

1. I got my PGWP in May 2016 and I have worked at a Restaurant as a supervisor from May 2016 to April 2017(Few months in the beginning fulltime and ending and parttime in between). I have 5 years of International experience as a HR before moving to Canada. Now from April 2017, I am working in IT. Will there be any questions raised by CIC about working in different streams and what should I mention in the PRIMARY OCCUPATION field in EE profile? I have my MBA with HR and IT specialization, so I think this would support me in working with HR, Management(Restaurant Supervisor) and IT jobs.

2.I worked fulltime May 2016 till Aug 2016 and Feb 2017 to April 2017 and Aug 2016 to Jan 2017 part time with different hours even less than 15/week at the restaurant. I calculated any week more than 30 hrs as 1 week and is total 18 full time weeks.For the rest hours I calculated total/30 which came to 13 weeks. So the total fulltime weeks came upto 31. Is this correct? I am planning to wait till July end so I can accumulate the hours I am working full time at IT job now(ie: 12 more fulltime weeks) and create EE profile. Will this work and if anyone can help me how should I draft experience letter for Restaurant job as the hours are uneven. I tried to post the sheet with hours worked and I didn't find a way.

Thanks again, hope to hear soon!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello All,
2.I worked fulltime May 2016 till Aug 2016 and Feb 2017 to April 2017 and Aug 2016 to Jan 2017 part time with different hours even less than 15/week at the restaurant. I calculated any week more than 30 hrs as 1 week and is total 18 full time weeks.For the rest hours I calculated total/30 which came to 13 weeks. So the total fulltime weeks came upto 31. Is this correct? I am planning to wait till July end so I can accumulate the hours I am working full time at IT job now(ie: 12 more fulltime weeks) and create EE profile. Will this work and if anyone can help me how should I draft experience letter for Restaurant job as the hours are uneven. I tried to post the sheet with hours worked and I didn't find a way.
I think you meant you need to work another 21 full-time weeks (not 12), yes? You will need a total of 52 FTE weeks to be eligible under the CEC class.

But it sounds like you understand everything correctly. It's great that you have such detailed records of your hours!

As for the letter from your employer, he/she can state the periods of full-time work, the periods of part-time work, and you can provide a letter of explanation with your worksheet of hours worked, along with supporting documents (e.g. paystubs, T4, NOA...).

Reactions: vbk.visa

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
So, In my case my Manager wrote a letter saying I was full time worker. even though, Sometimes I worked full time sometimes not even more than 20hr/week. I'll submit T4, NOA and this letter I've been issued too. Well, is this letter create any problem as it says I was a full time? thank u

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
So, In my case my Manager wrote a letter saying I was full time worker. even though, Sometimes I worked full time sometimes not even more than 20hr/week. I'll submit T4, NOA and this letter I've been issued too. Well, is this letter create any problem as it says I was a full time? thank u
Your manager's letter needs to state the number of hours worked per week.

When your manager's letter and your supporting documents do not match, then yes, it raises a red flag.

They don't have to be exactly the same, it just depends on how big the discrepancy is...

vbk.visa

May 7, 2017
I think you meant you need to work another 21 full-time weeks (not 12), yes? You will need a total of 52 FTE weeks to be eligible under the CEC class.

But it sounds like you understand everything correctly. It's great that you have such detailed records of your hours!

As for the letter from your employer, he/she can state the periods of full-time work, the periods of part-time work, and you can provide a letter of explanation with your worksheet of hours worked, along with supporting documents (e.g. paystubs, T4, NOA...).

Thanks much, I will reach out for further questions.

Mahbub017

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Your manager's letter needs to state the number of hours worked per week.

When your manager's letter and your supporting documents do not match, then yes, it raises a red flag.

They don't have to be exactly the same, it just depends on how big the discrepancy is...
Yes ! Mr Manager wrote like it was full time position with weekly average of 32 hrs worked. But I'm afraid ! if i count hours since joining to left the job will not show exactly 32 hours each week. How is it even possible ! because I appointed as a full time (32hr/week) but sometimes I worked less sometimes more than 32 hr/week on company's demand. So, how is possible to match exactly with T4 and Experience letter I've got !! Thank you

ankit313d

Jul 5, 2017
Hi all,
I have a similar query regarding my work experience.
I worked as a part-time employee for 4 months and later worked full-time for the same company for 10 months. Can I club both these to satisfy the criteria of my 1 year Canadian experience for cec ?
Kindly, suggest the documents that will be needed from my company to support my experience?