+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help in writing of LOE. Need immediate help as english is not my first language.

dna211

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Missisuaga
Category........
LANDED..........
04-02-2018
Dear experts.

I have a situation which I need to explain to the immigration officers. My thesis for M.Sc was electronically accepted last year in July. I was asked by an immigration consultant that I have three months to apply for PGWP and I can start working full time. With his advice, I started working 26.25 hours instead of 20 hours. I got a letter from the registrar and I got my PGWP on the same day through flagpoling. In retrospect, I realize that I was allowed to work only 20 hours until I apply for PGWP. Hence, I have 19 days of work that were not authorized on my off campus work permit to explain. A very kind hero member helped me drafting LOE. I was wondering if this kind community can help me further refining this letter so that i can send it to the officer. Below is the first draft. Please help me improve it.

thanks

[Your address]

[Date of preparation of letter]

[Address of local Canadian Embassy]

Re: Letter of Explanation regarding work history between August 1 and August 19, 2017

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for considering my application, thus far. I am writing to clarify my work history between August 1, 2016 and August 19, 2016.

Prior to August 1, 2016, I was working legally in Canada on a study permit and was working for 20 hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title) through my off-campus work permit from February 1, 2016 to July 30, 2016.

However, after submitting my thesis, which was accepted in July 2016, I was advised by an immigration consultant that I could work full-time while waiting for the letter from the Registrar's Office advising of the completion of my Master's program. As such, on August 1, 2016, I started working for 26.25 hours per week at (Company) in the capacity of (Job Title). Fortunately, I received a letter through email from the Registrar's Office advising that I had officially completed my program on August 19, 2016; I obtained my PGWP (post graduation work permit) through flagpoling on the same day (August 19, 2016).

However, I now realize that my immigration consultant's advice was incorrect, and I was working for more hours than my off-campus work permit allowed, so I was not on implied status between August 1, 2016 and August 19, 2016.

I want to disclose this up front in my application, and I humbly request that you not count this action against me in considering my permanent residency application. I do understand that it was my responsibility to comply with the terms of my permit, and I am very sorry for this oversight. As soon as I realized my mistake on <month> <day> <year>, I called CIC and spoke with agent, who told me that I would be forgiven for this. However, please consider that my error was completely accidental and made through my ill-advised, although hopefully understandable, reliance on my immigration consultant.

Please also note that I do not expect the work experience gained during this period (August 1 - August 19, 2016) to be counted toward my permanent residency application in any way.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for your review and consideration of my application.

Yours sincerely,

[Your full name]
[Your travel document number]
[Your phone number]
[Your email address]

Last edited: