+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Height Changed from PR to Citizenship Application time

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi,

My height has been changed since my landing from 167 to 174 cm by now. Just wondering whether it will be giving any trouble if I mention the height now or should I just go by the height in my COPR and PR card which is 167? Is this a big deal like they would check in the interview time? How important is the height?

Thank you.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Hi,

My height has been changed since my landing from 167 to 174 cm by now. Just wondering whether it will be giving any trouble if I mention the height now or should I just go by the height in my COPR and PR card which is 167? Is this a big deal like they would check in the interview time? How important is the height?

Thank you.
Just mentioned what your height is now. were you already an adult when you immigrated or a teen ? If you were in you late teens then CIC officer should not have any problem with your new height

Natan

May 22, 2015
i was 31 when i landed and now 33, but I applied PR when I am 29.
You grew 7cm in two years at age 33? That is unusual, though it may be accounted for by a significant change of diet.

Another explanation may be that either your original height, your current height, or both, have been measured inaccurately. You could have your height professionally measured (by a doctor/nurse/nurse-practitioner) in your bare or stocking-ed feet.

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
I think I mentioned the height without it getting professionally checked. what would you think? Should I write an explanation for that by giving the accurate height? If so, What should I write in the explanation? Would this be a big issue? Or I just leave the same which was in all my applications if it is not a big issue?

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
You grew 7cm in two years at age 33? That is unusual, though it may be accounted for by a significant change of diet.

Another explanation may be that either your original height, your current height, or both, have been measured inaccurately. You could have your height professionally measured (by a doctor/nurse/nurse-practitioner) in your bare or stocking-ed feet.
I was 167 when I am 29 in which year I applied my PR. but got the PR and landed when I am 31. Now I am 33. So basically it is after 4 years of time, that I have to apply citizenship now.

Natan

May 22, 2015
I think I mentioned the height without it getting professionally checked. what would you think? Should I write an explanation for that by giving the accurate height? If so, What should I write in the explanation? Would this be a big issue? Or I just leave the same which was in all my applications if it is not a big issue?
You should apply with your accurate height (the height you are today). Do not provide any explanation. If they ask questions about the difference in height, shrug your shoulders and say I am currently 174cm, without any further explanation. (You should verify that you really are 174cm by having your height measured at a medical exam.)