+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Healthcare insurance as a Spanish tourist/visitor

May 24, 2017
Hello everyone.

I will be staying in Montreal for a few months as a tourist/visitor at a friends' place, and I have no idea if I have any kind of healthcare coverage at all. I am from Madrid, Spain, and am part of both the Social Security Insurance and a Private Healthcare insurance here.

Thank you so much in advance.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello everyone.

I will be staying in Montreal for a few months as a tourist/visitor at a friends' place, and I have no idea if I have any kind of healthcare coverage at all. I am from Madrid, Spain, and am part of both the Social Security Insurance and a Private Healthcare insurance here.

Thank you so much in advance.
You certainly won't be covered by any province in Canada.

So you need to check on your own if your private healthcare covers travel medical emergencies. Nobody here can possibly tell you that.

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
If you have a private health insurance plan back home, you may ask your provider whether or not you have travel insurance coverage as it might be included in your health insurance package.

If not, you may either purchase a travel insurance policy from an insurance provider in Spain or a Visitors to Canada insurance from a Canadian company. While travel insurance policies offer a greater amount of coverage in most cases, it is a bit of hassle to get the claim paid for as opposed to having a Canadian insurance.

You can calculate a personal quote and see what are your options with Canadian providers here - Visitors to Canada Insurance