+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

mmm15

Sep 13, 2017
We got an email from Havana a few days ago saying they just need a new police certificate to finish the case. Thankfully we already applied for a second police check a few weeks ago so we just have to wait for them to call us and go pick it up, and drop it off at the embassy. So at least we know they are moving things along in Havana :)
How long will it take for you to receive the Police Check from the time you apply forit? Do you still have to have it Translated since it's going to Havana, not Mississauga?

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
How long will it take for you to receive the Police Check from the time you apply forit? Do you still have to have it Translated since it's going to Havana, not Mississauga?
It takes one month and you don't have to translate the document.

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
We got an email from Havana a few days ago saying they just need a new police certificate to finish the case. Thankfully we already applied for a second police check a few weeks ago so we just have to wait for them to call us and go pick it up, and drop it off at the embassy. So at least we know they are moving things along in Havana :)
It is good to know. So your process begin in May 2017and they give you some news, that's nice! Let's cross finger to have some news very soon we are at more than 9 months just find this terrible to see some person who have it in 2 months and other in more than a year without valuable reason...

Reactions: Mrs.Suarez

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
Siiii guerrero¡¡¡
I am sorry you are waiting so long :(

Hopefully they are waiting until the end to request medical/any thing else they need to conplete the case.

Keep an eye on the canadian consulate's website for updates and their twitter.

Luckily the Canadian embassy seems to be operating normally even after the "sonic attacks" on diplomatic personnel. The U.S. embassy has ceased all operations except for emergency consular services for citizens...

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
I am sorry you are waiting so long :(

Hopefully they are waiting until the end to request medical/any thing else they need to conplete the case.

Keep an eye on the canadian consulate's website for updates and their twitter.

Luckily the Canadian embassy seems to be operating normally even after the "sonic attacks" on diplomatic personnel. The U.S. embassy has ceased all operations except for emergency consular services for citizens...
They have the medical, they have everything, 9 months and a half, ask for the notes 2 times and nothing move until March. It was the Last time that somebody touch the file and write that they request an interview. I just feel victim of discrimination cause there is no apparently reason why it is so long... but the cic say one year so we are still in the delay. We just send another antecedents penales and still waiting ... try to get some help from my MP but nothing :mad: so let's wait unpowerless...

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
They have the medical, they have everything, 9 months and a half, ask for the notes 2 times and nothing move until March. It was the Last time that somebody touch the file and write that they request an interview. I just feel victim of discrimination cause there is no apparently reason why it is so long... but the cic say one year so we are still in the delay. We just send another antecedents penales and still waiting ... try to get some help from my MP but nothing :mad: so let's wait unpowerless...
Oh no :(

If you can at some point, one thing that works sometimes is going to the embassy in Havana in person....

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
Really ? And what will they do? You think they can process faster? You heard something like that before?
yes, I know someone who did that for sponsorship (in another country) and they got some stuff earlier because it was just sitting around waiting to be sent out, etc.

Reactions: Manguita