+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C

mingota19

Aug 16, 2017
Make sure u have good reasons to apply in this category.i did this application in 2001.i got my permanent residence a yin 2002.of course by now i am a citizen ,though not residing at the moment in canada.in case my son was born premature and he required lots of medical follow up at that time.he is now 17.

mingota19

Aug 16, 2017
He said to me the best thing we can do to apply under H&C but I am super worried about my case especially he said we going to apply then we can send the evidence later so when he said that make me worry more
with my case i remember that my lawyer sent all the evidence at once . from when we started the apllication. not at the end . and even if we had an exceptional reason to stay , my lawyer only took the money from us when i received my PR.. I remenbered him saying " not fair for u guys to pay me if we are not sucessful. ".. great lawyer , gerat human being...

mingota19

Aug 16, 2017
yes you are right but just i am very new here
i am applying for H&C application and i am with lawyer that he told me we will send the application firsst and then we going to send all evidence an
what do you think guys
from my experience, he must send all evidence u have with the application..they need to know if your reasons are valid for them to consider .. otherwise they will delay the processing of your application.

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
My lawyer sent all the evidence in my application. My 1st stage approval was sent yesterday after almost a year. Goodluck

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
He said to me the best thing we can do to apply under H&C but I am super worried about my case especially he said we going to apply then we can send the evidence later so when he said that make me worry more
What is your H&C reason?

You are supposed to send all supporting evidence of requiring H&C consideration, upfront with the app. Not later.

Your lawyer sounds a bit fishy. Are you paying him a big sum upfront?

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
My lawyer sent all the evidence in my application. My 1st stage approval was sent yesterday after almost a year. Goodluck
I applied on last April, and the website shows Received my application May 12th. but I updated them with more evidence couple of times. I have Family, with 2 young kids. and working since February, paying taxes, what are the expectations?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Too early to tell. Current processing times for H&C is 29 months and they have a low approval rate. I wouldn't expect to hear much from IRCC for about another year, but that's just a guess. All depends on the case load.

mingota19

Aug 16, 2017
I applied on last April, and the website shows Received my application May 12th. but I updated them with more evidence couple of times. I have Family, with 2 young kids. and working since February, paying taxes, what are the expectations?
Wat are your arguments?having two kids working and paying taxes isnt enough.u need to have an exceptional reason to b successful under this category

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Wat are your arguments?having two kids working and paying taxes isnt enough.u need to have an exceptional reason to b successful under this category
Hi mingota19. Thanks for reply
My Arguments is that my home country (Iraq), and it's no safe, my daughter has medical issues, where she had cancer before (when she was 2 years old), but she survived. we made a surgery for her outside Home country because home country lacking good health service. She passed her tests when we came to Canada as a refugee, but our Refugee claim dismissed due that the IRB member didn't believe in my story.
my daughter now is 5 years, and living healthy, with no problems but still, we have to make for her each 3 months regular check-ups.

So what are the most exceptional reasons more than that?

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Too early to tell. Current processing times for H&C is 29 months and they have a low approval rate. I wouldn't expect to hear much from IRCC for about another year, but that's just a guess. All depends on the case load.
Hi BuleTruck, Thanks for reply.
Is that 29 months means the whole process for 1st approval, or mean 1st Approval + 2nd Approval + PR ?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
My understanding is that medical treatments aren't good grounds for H&C. And I don't believe Iraq being at war will be sufficient either. So have you appealed the IRB decision?

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
My understanding is that medical treatments aren't good grounds for H&C. And I don't believe Iraq being at war will be sufficient either. So have you appealed the IRB decision?
she don't need medical treatment anymore, but she needs care, about her health check-ups, and her psychology, I did the surgery for her outside Iraq, but Iraq lack for basic health services, so there is no guarantee if she may get that again if stay in Iraq. where one of H&C factors says : health considerations including inability of a country to provide medical treatment . (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/hc/processing/hardship.asp).

And Yes I made the appeal as well and also been rejected by Federal Court.

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
So are you under a removal order right now? When are you suppose to leave Canada if you are?
I don't ve the removal order, don't know why. I think there are exceptions for Iraqis and some countries, I read somewhere about it. and what do you mean supposed to leave?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your daughter's check-ups will become less regular as she grows older is not a sufficient H&C reason. She is not actively sick. Also don't believe Iraq is on the list of countries where there are no removal orders. Actually not being accepted as a refugee but not being able to be deported is not situation I would recommend. Hopefully you have some other reasons or proof that H&C will find compelling.