+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

global skills stream?

aksun

Oct 16, 2017
i have an job offer from a Canadian Company. I am trying to process work visa thru Global Skills Stream. But the CometoCanada tool after series of questions suggest me International Mobility Program (Visitor visa + no work permit required) as an only option to apply. would that be a right Visa to come and work in Canada under GSS? My job offer is LMIA exempt and my employer has provided with Introduction letter. please let me know if that Visa is sufficient

Xtreme Innovations

Star Member
May 3, 2017
If you have less than a year then it's likely that it is correct, (cause with less than a year for some research and academics you would not need a work permit) just check cic information again on global skills for more information as it's pretty detailed...
Best

aksun

Oct 16, 2017
If you have less than a year then it's likely that it is correct, (cause with less than a year for some research and academics you would not need a work permit) just check cic information again on global skills for more information as it's pretty detailed...
Best
Thank you.
But i have 2 year contract offer and i have selected the option "more than 12 months" option.

Xtreme Innovations

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Thank you.
But i have 2 year contract offer and i have selected the option "more than 12 months" option.

it is possible you answered yes to a question you should have said No to...there is a certain question where you are asked if you plan to work under a certain category of work (athletes etc) and you have global skills in bracket on that list (academic researchers)..if you clicked yes to that question then that will be the result.. you should click no because the global skills inj that category refers to academic who will spend less than a year... others including postdocs for example fall under International Mobility Program but still require work permits
I figured that out when I was doing my own application (CIC probably needs to clarify that so that as many applicants got confused at that point too).
hope this helps

Reactions: aksun

aksun

Oct 16, 2017
it is possible you answered yes to a question you should have said No to...there is a certain question where you are asked if you plan to work under a certain category of work (athletes etc) and you have global skills in bracket on that list (academic researchers)..if you clicked yes to that question then that will be the result.. you should click no because the global skills inj that category refers to academic who will spend less than a year... others including postdocs for example fall under International Mobility Program but still require work permits
I figured that out when I was doing my own application (CIC probably needs to clarify that so that as many applicants got confused at that point too).
hope this helps
Thank you. I clicked no and i still get IMP but requires work permit. The exact wording is "Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program (visitor's visa required)". so still the wizard says visitor Visa. would i be able to apply for GSS (2 weeks processing) thru this Visa? would i still be able to work?

Xtreme Innovations

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Yes IMP requires work permit and visa you need a visa and work permit..not sure now if it said visitor visa but yes if you fall under IMP then its two week processing. once you are given a code for IMP the system and you apply it should take two weeks,, from my experience there is no other place where you have to state that you want two weeks processing ...it is automatic