+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting TRV to visit boyfriend and his family

VMBR

Sep 12, 2017
Hi. I really needed everyone of you here who can give me advices or opinions or who got an experience on how to get a visitor visa for me to visit my boyfriend in canada, he is a canadian citizen. I am a Filipina and my bf visited me twice here in the Philippines. Now, its my turn to visit his place and to meet his family at same time. I am planning to get there by next year of February. Question is, Is my bf can sponsor me? He has money and willing to do invitation letter and other stuff for me. Or would my application will be more complicated cause he's only my bf? By the way, we are 1 year and 1 month now as a couple. And I have my job here currently working in an insurance company. I would love to hear any response from you all. I need it so bad. Thank you so much and take care!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To have the highest chances of approval, you need to demonstrate that you have very strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. You should keep your trip short (2-3 week at most) and while your boyfriend can certainly provide an invitation letter - you should show that you have enough funds to pay for the trip yourself. You should also show proof of home ties like property ownership / rental (in your name), proof of employment including a letter from your employer giving you time off to take this trip, bank account statement to show you have the funds to pay for this trip, etc.

Typically it's difficult for someone in your position to get a visa approved since CIC will be concerned you have plans on remaining in Canada long term.

VMBR

Sep 12, 2017
To have the highest chances of approval, you need to demonstrate that you have very strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. You should keep your trip short (2-3 week at most) and while your boyfriend can certainly provide an invitation letter - you should show that you have enough funds to pay for the trip yourself. You should also show proof of home ties like property ownership / rental (in your name), proof of employment including a letter from your employer giving you time off to take this trip, bank account statement to show you have the funds to pay for this trip, etc.

Typically it's difficult for someone in your position to get a visa approved since CIC will be concerned you have plans on remaining in Canada long term.

VMBR

Sep 12, 2017
Hi po. Thank you for your response. And yes, i will be there for only 2 weeks. I have enough fund to shoulder my expenses and to support myself to. But i dont have any assets or property under my name. What do you think will be the best?