+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW program for Pharmacist

Waqas Khan

Sep 22, 2017
Hello,

This is my first post in any forum, ever. I want to know if there are any pharmacists from Pakistan/India in here who want to apply for Canada PR? I have a few questions regarding ECA that have gotten me all confused which I hope will be quelled here. Like I said I am a pharmacist with less than 3y of professional experience as a hospital pharmacist. I searched the relevant websites for my professional degree evaluation and found out that for pharmacist the main body for evaluating edu docs is PEBC (Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada) and according to CIC foreign qualified pharmacist are supposed to get their ECA from PEBC and NOT from WES. WES website itself says that PEBC is evaluating agency for pharmacists. However, I talked to and immigration agency in Canada and they told me that for immigration purposes WES evaluation will do but for practising my profession in Canada I'll have to go through the PEBC route. I want to know if this is accurate? Also do I need to take IELTS general or should I take the IELTS academic? Kindly please advise. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Get your education assess by PEBC (not WES).

IELTS general.

Reactions: Waqas Khan

Waqas Khan

Sep 22, 2017
Thank you for the prompt reply, I have one more query please, is the ECA issued by PEBC sufficient for my immigration requirements or is it mandatory for me to actually PASS the PEBC qualifying and licensing exams for pharmacists to be eligible for immigration?