Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hi, I called CIC and was told that my Eligibility has been 'Passed' by NDVO. However Security and criminality has not started. Does that mean that all verification of employment, experience etc has been done or is verification a part of 'Security'. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

brown.wizard

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
apache5021 said:
Hi, I called CIC and was told that my Eligibility has been 'Passed' by NDVO. However Security and criminality has not started. Does that mean that all verification of employment, experience etc has been done or is verification a part of 'Security'. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Verification is not the same as Security. Verification of employment or experience, Police certificates is done by CIC agents/officers. If
you order GCMS notes you can find out more about it in detail. Look for the keywords R10, A11.2 in your GCMS notes.

brown.wizard

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
priya_kan said:
Hi all,
I have got my PR and should do the landing with my family before sep 2nd...
How are you ppl managing to get a job there...im in a lot of confusion...
should i just do the landing and come back to india and apply for jobs from here? should i quit my job in india here, go there and spend a month or so applying jobs directly and then once i get a job..call my family there? and so on...
can you please share what course you are taking after getting pr?
It is quite challenging to get a job from abroad unless you have lot of experience or a doctorate in some niche field.
I am planning to move there and look around for jobs, of course that means I will quit my current job.

brown.wizard

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Amaljohan said:
Im from Sri Lanka but my visa office is Ottawa (GCMS says file transferred to Ottawa due to work overload, re-distribution).

*After completed my 6th month i sent them a mail and they havent replied me, and then i raised a CSE and i got a auto generated reply withing no time and after 2 days i received a reply but i know that is one of their replies to CSE's,

*Then i called Ottawa 3-4 times and agents were nice but seems they cant tell much about our files.

*Then i got this reply for my first mail after 41 days and it says -
" Dear applicant,
Please be informed that we are awaiting the results of some internal processing prior to the finalization of your application. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. At this time, there is nothing that is required on your part. Your continued patience is greatly appreciated.
Regards, "
Seems thats not one of their templates.

*After this mail i got two ghost mails

*Then after 10 days again a ghost update in my CIC but no mail still.

Ordered my 3rd set of GCMS last week, i really hope that my PPR will come before GCMS this time :)

AOR - Nov 20 (FSW Outland)
Meds - Passed
Background - Not started

Did you finally get your ppr?

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
For new and prospective FSW Outland applicants, would you please provide your two cents on how the new CRS system will affect you? Is it more favorable now to outlanders, or less favorable? Thanks in advance

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Hey Outland community. Have a question on behalf of a friend. What's the average processing time now for outlanders? In 2015, it was 4-5 months from AOR to PPR. Is it still the same? Now that the draws are much more aggressive, is the processing time impacted positively or negatively? On the one hand, the backlog could grow (leading to delays), and on the other hand, Immigration now is focusing more on skilled workers than refugees so they may be assigning more resources to FSW Outland. Please advise

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Hey Outland community. Have a question on behalf of a friend. What's the average processing time now for outlanders? In 2015, it was 4-5 months from AOR to PPR. Is it still the same? Now that the draws are much more aggressive, is the processing time impacted positively or negatively? On the one hand, the backlog could grow (leading to delays), and on the other hand, Immigration now is focusing more on skilled workers than refugees so they may be assigning more resources to FSW Outland. Please advise
According to the tracker, it looks like FSWO is about 4 months. That may change with all the new ITAs though. I'm at 3 months right now, hoping to get PPR in the next month or so.

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
According to the tracker, it looks like FSWO is about 4 months. That may change with all the new ITAs though. I'm at 3 months right now, hoping to get PPR in the next month or so.
good luck! In 2015, we used to get "background status = started" 1-4 weeks before the actual PPR. Not sure if that's still the case. If so, your background check should start real soon!

RezJay

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Re Meds April '18
Passport Req..
May 2018
VISA ISSUED...
May 2018
Hi all

So I finally received my GCMS notes. My BG has been IP since end March. However, my GCMS (10 May) states my Elgibility, Meds and Criminality as passed. Security is still blank on the summary.

Which stage do you guys reckon my file is at... and when should one normally be expecting a PPR when at such a stage? Keeping in mind my BG hasnt changed since end March! ?

FSW - O

AoR- 30 Dec

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Hi all

So I finally received my GCMS notes. My BG has been IP since end March. However, my GCMS (10 May) states my Elgibility, Meds and Criminality as passed. Security is still blank on the summary.

Which stage do you guys reckon my file is at... and when should one normally be expecting a PPR when at such a stage? Keeping in mind my BG hasnt changed since end March! ?

FSW - O

AoR- 30 Dec

I'm guessing at this point, almost 5 months in, you're in IP2. You haven't hit the 6 month period however, and sometimes security takes longer for some applications depending on a number of factors. What's your timeline?

RezJay

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Re Meds April '18
Passport Req..
May 2018
VISA ISSUED...
May 2018
I'm guessing at this point, almost 5 months in, you're in IP2. You haven't hit the 6 month period however, and sometimes security takes longer for some applications depending on a number of factors. What's your timeline?
30 Dec AoR
12 Jan Meds passed
19 Jan Add doc request. Sch A and Travel hist. Submitted same day
28 March BG changed to IP.

No change since then..

RezJay

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Re Meds April '18
Passport Req..
May 2018
VISA ISSUED...
May 2018
No background changes before 28 MAR?
None that I saw. Even the 28 March change I saw sometime in April as I wasn't logging in regularly. The March date is a calculated guess itself..