Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Re: <<<<<FSW Outland - April & May 2017 - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

lildip said:
I submitted the old medical exam which I took in January. Is that be okay?
Medical certificates for applicants who pass a medical examination in or outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/valid.asp

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

andy108 said:
Medical certificates for applicants who pass a medical examination in or outside Canada are valid for twelve months from the date of the last medical assessment of an applicant’s file by a medical officer and/or delegated staff.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/valid.asp
Thanks Andy. So i am good until January 2018 :)

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

My provincial nomination will expire in June. It is likely that I will not get a decision until July. I wonder if they cancel my application again after June I can't get back my 600 provincial points . what should I do then?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017

lildip said:
My provincial nomination will expire in June. It is likely that I will not get a decision until July. I wonder if they cancel my application again after June I can't get back my 600 provincial points . what should I do then?
As long as your application was receieved by CIC before the expiry date of nomination and you have AOR - you are fine.

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

got it . Thanks Andy . +1 for you :)

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017

lildip said:
got it . Thanks Andy . +1 for you :)
thank you so much and good luck!

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Re: <<<<<FSW Outland - April 2017 - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

andy108 said:
FSW-O are also not too slow...

good luck guys!

Gere is FSW-O Tracker:

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/fsw-outland-e-apr-tracker

and re statuses:

Thanks for this Andy. However, except for 2 people, FSW-O is passing only after 55 days! We can only hope it gets faster soon.

I recommend all of you to sign up to the tracker if you haven't already. Good way to keep a track of where you stand.

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

No offense but I am not a big believer of the online tracker. The reason is simple. Every case is different. In the IRCC website they clearly mentioned:

"Each application under Express Entry should be considered on its own merit, with a final decision based on a review of all the information available to the IRCC officer at the time of the decision."

So I think its better not to assume anything based in the tracker. Many people got PPR with in 60 days from AOR and many are waiting 6 months or more.

I hope that make sense :)

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017

lildip said:
No offense but I am not a big believer of the online tracker. The reason is simple. Every case is different. In the IRCC website they clearly mentioned:

"Each application under Express Entry should be considered on its own merit, with a final decision based on a review of all the information available to the IRCC officer at the time of the decision."

So I think its better not to assume anything based in the tracker. Many people got PPR with in 60 days from AOR and many are waiting 6 months or more.

Sure I understand but I prefer to know than not to know, but thats just my Gemini ascendant speaking ;) I Like to be informed.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017

lildip said:

I agree. Every case is different. But remember the ray of hope thread? We used to wait and hope every Wednesday. I still go there and read the hopes and dreams of folks without an ITA. The Tracker is the Ray of Hope for post AOR applicants. :) We can never be sure when our time will come, but the tracker will give us a trend and keep our hope alive of getting a PPR sooner than later. :)

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017

astralsource said:
Sure I understand but I prefer to know than not to know, but thats just my Gemini ascendant speaking ;) I Like to be informed.
Exactly. Rather know something than know nothing at all.

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a feeling that unless extreme cases, every case will be finalised within 4 to 6 month. So we april applicant can expect PPR anytime between August to October.

Lets hope for the best :)

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, there are very few things which take time for an immigration agent. Let's have a look at a typical case where an officer will check for eligibility for an applicant :

1.Passports: To check an applicant's age . I am not sure if they check it with the issuing authority.If so then it will take some time depending on which country an applicant is applying.

2. Marriage Certificate: It will take time to verify based on the country

3. Medical examination: I think it will take 5 minutes to check the eligibility for an officer because he/she has the report in his hand.

4.Education: Assuming IRCC has access of IELTS and WES database it should take 5 minutes for an officer to check eligibility.

5. Work Experience: This might be a time-consuming process and will vary country to country

6.Police Clearance: same as work experience.

7.POF: same as work experience.

And there you go. that's all an immigration officer need to take a final decision.

Depending on the workload of an immigration agent, I think the main time goes on number 5, 6 and 7.

So 4 to 6 month is fair enough

Reactions: vishaldeep.garg

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017

lildip said:

at the same time hundreds of people had their PPR predicted on the dot with PPR Estimator :)

Many many are from this forum :)

Facts are:

- Each case goes through the same workflow and checklist
- Most cases are processed in a standard way and require the same documents
- Processed by same people over and over again
- Processed by same LVOs and each of which repeat the SAME steps with each application

The differences start when:

- Application is sent for additional check, approvals (by senior COs) or for ADRs.
- Different VO seem to have different processes in place

Correction:

- It seems like (i know some would argue against it) PNP applicants both inland and outland go through extra check of Provincial verification, thus the delay.

Based on the above facts, i can with high certainty conclude that process is predictable for most of the applicants, but not ALL.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
lildip said:
Actually, there are very few things which take time for an immigration agent. Let's have a look at a typical case where an officer will check for eligibility for an applicant :

1.Passports: To check an applicant's age . I am not sure if they check it with the issuing authority.If so then it will take some time depending on which country an applicant is applying.

2. Marriage Certificate: It will take time to verify based on the country

3. Medical examination: I think it will take 5 minutes to check the eligibility for an officer because he/she has the report in his hand.

4.Education: Assuming IRCC has access of IELTS and WES database it should take 5 minutes for an officer to check eligibility.

5. Work Experience: This might be a time-consuming process and will vary country to country

6.Police Clearance: same as work experience.

7.POF: same as work experience.

And there you go. that's all an immigration officer need to take a final decision.

Depending on the workload of an immigration agent, I think the main time goes on number 5, 6 and 7.

So 4 to 6 month is fair enough
Actually things are not so simple. If they were, we would have PR in an hour. They have their own way of processing as posted before and it can take 2-9 months, as you said every case is different.

The anatomy of a standard application is as follows:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

3. File application and supporting documents.

4. AoR - Automatically acknowledged, usually on the same day as submission.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicant's age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score determined. There is an exception clause for when the age changes, it keeps the CRS score intact. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here because they are incomplete.

7. At the R10 review, if you have any documents missing, the application is rejected, or more time is given to file the document if there is a Letter of Explanation (LoE). It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually, by this stage, the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage. The applicants who received a reassesment for the medicals could be because of two reasons:
a. The doctor or the facility which examined them had a complaint against it, or the CIC found something fishy about how things were being conducted there; or
b. The medicals did not disclose the required parameters, or the applicant had an underlying medical issue, which the CIC wanted to get re-assessed.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, FSW and your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send your application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 4-5 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around. But in the last two weeks a lot of applicants are stuck at this stage.

11. At the final review, when the security results come in, the PPR is issued.