+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From Russia with Love???

jbear

Sep 20, 2012
I'd really like someone to paint a picture for me about what really happens at the Canadian embassy besides Parties...ohh..it's famous for it's lunches and parties...just not for processing times...currently...it has on it's website that processing times are longer...how much longer??..Ahh..until the middle of September...then they will get back to their 4-10 day processing times....yeah.....Summer parties are almost over...My wife and step son have had their application in the Moscow office since the end of August...Really.....how long does it take to read??..Big decision??..O.k....might be good reason for the delay....between bankers hours and coffee breaks....We talked to a dispatcher at the courier company the embassy uses and she quoted 10-55 days..REALLY??? why???...Oh...Don't ask WHY...can't ask WHY....just sit and wait....plan 6 months ahead...who...can do that??...I hope to rattle some cages and get someone to make the goings on in this particular embassy a little more transparent.....why should it be a secret?? Maybe if people are held accountable this process will be a little less daunting.....

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
I know someone who applied in July and is still waiting for an answer.

We decided to scrap our trip as the 4 month wait time (per e-mail responses) was cutting it too close to our planned trip, so I lose the 500$ I spent on World Championship tickets. Yay Canada?

I'm not entirely sure what they require to issue a visa, it's kind of like a lottery, or Russian roulette I suppose, without the death.

Cadotte

May 18, 2014
All I can tell to any russian looking into visiting Canada. Don't bother. The embassy take 98 % of the application and reject all of them . That why they never give you back your money for a rejection of visa. It pairs for the embassy staff and diplomat. You will be rejected . Go to a country that you never need a visa. Satay away from Canada. Specially russian . Canada is rejecting all but the wealthy .

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
Cadotte said:
All I can tell to any russian looking into visiting Canada. Don't bother. The embassy take 98 % of the application and reject all of them . That why they never give you back your money for a rejection of visa. It pairs for the embassy staff and diplomat. You will be rejected . Go to a country that you never need a visa. Satay away from Canada. Specially russian . Canada is rejecting all but the wealthy .
What's up? :) I did visit Canada, and I have a lot of Russian friends there. Who told you 98 per cent are rejected, eh? And why do you counterpoes Rusisans and the wealthy? :D

expat62

Mar 18, 2015
The processing times have now been faster as of lately.
6 days for a rejection, and 10 calendar days for the request for passport to come.
Actually, the passport processing times are longer, if you do not live in Moscow.