+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Format for Work experience certificate

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
To all friends who are struggling with obtaining Work Experience letter from their employers, here is to provide you guys with a suggested format of the same.

If your employer does not know the format, you can provided the same as below.

Ideally, it should be on the official letterhead of the issuing company/institution.

Name of the institute/company
Mailing address,
Email address,
Contact number/s,
Fax number,
Website,

Date:

Work Experience letter

This is to certify that Mr. / Ms. (Candidate's name) was employed with (Institute/Company name) from (start date) to (end date) on the post of (job title) in Department of (_______). He was a full- / part-time employee working (_____) hours a week.
He was relieved on (relieved date) after working hours.

Signature of the concerned officer,
Seal/Stamp,

Date:

Hope it helps.

+1 would be appreciated! :)

Reactions: helloanil23

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Canadianspirit said:
Super helpful thank you do we also need to provide pay stubs?
Also include duties and responsibilities in your work experience letter. IT IS A MUST.

Pay stubs : Not required but helpful, if you have, upload them too.

Reactions: chintangohil

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jpv2212 said:
If your employer does not know the format, you can provided the same as below.
Nice format! I would add 2 pieces of information that are required:
- Salary / wage / remuneration (incl. benefits if applicable).
- Job duties/responsibilities

Esp. without job duties/responsibilities, the experience won't be accepted.

You can see the information requirements in the section "Proof of work experience" here -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Reactions: buzzsubash

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Format for job description letter.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/format-for-job-description-certificate-t487385.0.html;msg5959284#msg5959284

smalkawi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
i have requested HR to give me the letter with the following format for my position No1, and another letter with slight change in text for current position NO2, please comment if i missed anything

This is to certify that Mr XXXXXX Holder of passport number XXXXXXX, is currently working with us and held the following position from XXXXX to XXXX:

Job title:

Number of hours per week: 32

Salary:

Benefits: None

Duties and responsibilities:

Please feel free to contact us for any further information

Supervisor Name:
Title:
Signature:

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
jes_ON said:
Nice format! I would add 2 pieces of information that are required:
- Salary / wage / remuneration (incl. benefits if applicable).
- Job duties/responsibilities

Esp. without job duties/responsibilities, the experience won't be accepted.

You can see the information requirements in the section "Proof of work experience" here -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

what happens if the company refused to give duties and resp on official letter?

my company (a global well known audit firm) has explicitly said no and all my colleagues have said no to me because it is against their policy.

I am attaching a document where the company said no. the only thing they have provided me is a standard letter with all the details except duties and resp. I am also attaching pay slips of the entire period (4 years) plus copy of the contract which had some very brief description of my work but not bullet points for job duties.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
JACKCHITRA123 said:
what happens if the company refused to give duties and resp on official letter?

my company (a global well known audit firm) has explicitly said no and all my colleagues have said no to me because it is against their policy.

I am attaching a document where the company said no. the only thing they have provided me is a standard letter with all the details except duties and resp. I am also attaching pay slips of the entire period (4 years) plus copy of the contract which had some very brief description of my work but not bullet points for job duties.
I don't understand why your colleagues have refused to give one.
It's the company's policy not to give such a certificate, but which policy on earth are your colleagues working on?
It's a simple letter on plain paper with just a signature and contact number of the colleague. Your company will never know that your colleague has issued you such a certificate.

Job duties are a must for claiming points for work experience, otherwise how would IRCC know what you have been doing during your employment?

JACKCHITRA123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
I understand but the some colleagues have left the firm and those who are still working are scared of HR. they don't want to jeopardise their position. their fear might be irrational but this is how they feel.

how will cic know that the colleague has worked once in the same company?

I have read on this forum that an self declared affidavit of my duties would work if the company is strict towards not providing details.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
I understand but the some colleagues have left the firm and those who are still working are scared of HR. they don't want to jeopardise their position. their fear might be irrational but this is how they feel.

how will cic know that the colleague has worked once in the same company?

I have read on this forum that an self declared affidavit of my duties would work if the company is strict towards not providing details.
It may be risk, it's ok your colleagues doesn't offer you the letter. But do you have any friend who is senior to you that can provide your letter?
The whole point of reference letter is someone to prove that you had performed such duties . Notarized document would add surety to that document.

Rocky2k17

Jun 14, 2017
This thread is helpful and certainly helps to attain some insight on the experience letter format.

However, I do have one query on similar lines. That is, if one has 3 positions in the firm in their consecutive tenure and similar responsibilities over the years, should there be equal number of experience letters declaring roles/responsibilities, remuneration/benefit, time frame for each role?

Any information is appreciated on it. Thanks.

Jul 10, 2018
Hi all,
I worked for a small company for nearly 14 months before starting my PhD in 2012. I got a letter from my employer explaining all necessary stuff (duties, working hours, salaries, etc). I just want to make sure pay stubs are necessary or not? I have my working contract, but as I was paid by cash I do not have any pay stubs (it was a small company). My employer mentioned this in the letter and it is mentioned in my contract as well, could it be enough for them?
please provide me with your experiences.

Shweta_Desai

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Hello All.
Request you to please guide me on below queries as I'm just starting out this application process.
1. Is this letter still required for Express entry ? I did not see it in the documents required section on the website.
2. Every company issued me a letter of exp when i left the orgz. Will that be enough ? My first company doesnt exist anymore..

Regards ,
Shweta.

Mar 27, 2019
Do we need to attest the experience letter from government bodies such as Foreign affair or something? because I've been working for 2 years but I'm not registered in Chamber or Commerce or something. Can you please advice me for that? My company can arrange the signature, letter head and stamp of the company.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Do we need to attest the experience letter from government bodies such as Foreign affair or something? because I've been working for 2 years but I'm not registered in Chamber or Commerce or something. Can you please advice me for that? My company can arrange the signature, letter head and stamp of the company.
No attestation is required.