+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form (IMM 1294)

Discussion in 'International Students' started by Twiga, Apr 1, 2012.

  1. 1. My wife is applying for a Study Permit Form (IMM 1294), she is planning to go with three children, does she need to fill form 1294 for each child?
    2. I am a little bit confused between Study Permit Form 1294 and Temporary Resident Form 5257, which Forms does everyone including children need to fill?
    3. These kids are in elementary school and are US citizens, so tell me exactly what things do they need from "Document Checklist for Study Permit?

    I know they will be attending school there for the period their mom will be in school. Please, I need your help as her hours are running out. Thanks to all those who help other people with their questions, stay blessed.
  2. Hi,

    1. No.
    2. (Form 1294)- Only for wife (main applicant).
    (Form 5257B)- Separate form is required for each accompanying family member with wife's (main applicant) study permit application. Skip Form 5257B for childrens if they are in possession of a valid US passport.
    3. (Pre-school/KG)- No study permit required.
    (Primary & secondary school)- Open study permit. Application for OSP can be made using the same form as the wife's (main applicant) study permit.
  3. Thank you so much for your kindly respond and if there is something else you think I should do, please let me know, again thank you so much.
  4. Enfield, when you said "Skip Form 5257B for children if they are in possession of a valid US passport" do you mean there is no form that they need to fill or there is another kind of a Form they need fo fill? Please let me know.

    Also if there is anyone else with the same or different overview concerning this, please be kindly responding to my post. Thank you all for your kindness.
  5. Still waiting for someone to clarify on my topic please!!
  6. Hi,

    1. Travel directly to a port of entry (Canada) to get admission. You must show proof of valid status in the US like passport/birth/naturalization certificate. However, a valid passport is a must to re-enter US (for citizens).
  7. Thank you kindly for your respond.

Share This Page