+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

sarahsos

Jun 29, 2016
sarahsos said:
I will be doing my short landing on the 14th of this month. Just wanted to confirm, I don't actually have to fill in these two specific forms, I can prepare my own lists of accompanying goods and goods to follow, correct?

Edited to add, I also have a cat that I will be bringing with me later on. Should I include her in the list of goods to follow as well the declaration form?
Any info regarding my questions? :)

dr.hopeful

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
Interview........
Inshallah waived
Passport Req..
Hello,
Do I need to take pics of all ornaments of my wife besides gold and diamonds, or only the precious ones. Actually she has many types of metal or silver jewelries.
Thanks

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
dr.hopeful said:
Hello,
Do I need to take pics of all ornaments of my wife besides gold and diamonds, or only the precious ones. Actually she has many types of metal or silver jewelries.
Thanks
Yes take pictures. You can print them with a color printer. Customs will stamp the pictures along with the goods to follow list.

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hello all,

I want to ask is there a limit of how much value we put in good to follow? I am now preparing the list as we are doing short land next month. We are now making an estimated list of good to follow and hope to put as much items as possible or some future planned to buy items to bring over to Canada.

(1) With all the wedding jewellaries, gold items and other stuff, I have added up a list of over CAD 140,000. Will that be too much? All gold and wedding gifts I am able to provide picture.

(2) Do I need to take picture of all other miscellaneous items like furniture, electrical appliances, toys, clothing, etc? Is that electrical appliance and products need to provide serial number and receipts?

(3) For expensive items like jewelleries, watches, furniture, do I need to separate them 1 row each? that means: golden ring #1; golden ring #2; Cartier watch; Frank Muller watch, etc or simply 10 pieces of golden rings; 8 pieces of diamond bracelet, etc (haha, of course i dont have that much, it's just an example)

Since I am doing a short landing with goods to follow, does that mean I need 2 different set of Bsf186 and Bsf 186a / excel sheet?

Thanks all!

Rkimi

May 19, 2017
Hi
Thanks for good and detailed information.
I have a question.
I have immigrated to Canada and landed in February. I returned to my country in April to manage my home and I'mgoing to return to Canada in June.
The question is:
I didn't fill the b4 form in my first land and now I have some items to follow.
Can I fill forms now and are they free to import?

Form B4
Goods to Follow List &/or Goods Accompanying List

How to Fill them...

Hi all,

This is in response to the numerous PMs received requesting a copy of my Form B4. As I did it on the system & there's no way to 'save' that, I remain handicapped to forward it. Thus, this thread.

Here's what I did; & how u could do it...

ASSUMPTIONS/PROLOGUE:
a) The form B4A is an extension of the form B4 [which is the main one to file]. Writing the B4A is a similarly daunting task, thus can be avoided. I didn't.
b) As the form B4 contains 'only' 8 rows to fill the goods/items, use only 8 groups of things. How? Explained later.

WHAT U SHOULD CARRY?
U should make 2 copies of the form B4. One for the 'Goods Accompanying' & one for the 'Goods to Follow'. Alongwith the attachments. What's that? Here u go...

STEP-1:
a) Group all similar items into one list & thus make 8 lists.
b) Type these groups in Excel Sheets* [separate for each group]. Title each Sheet. And a Page No.
c) Enlist the Columns as: Sl.No | Item Description | Qty | Value (CAD) |
d) Total the Value, of each Excel Sheet.
e) Take printouts of each Excel Sheet in A4 size paper [2 copies].

*Eg. 1.Electronics, 2.Jewelries, 3.Clothing & Personal Effects, 4.Books & DVDs, 5.Gadgets & Mobile Phones, 6.Cutlery & Utensils, 7.Home Decorations & Murals AND 8.Linens & Drapers. [the Title Heading can vary as per your choice & requirement]

STEP-2:
a) Place all jewelry in Groups* & click Pictures [Must, else they'll not be accepted].
b) Title each Sheet. And put a Page No.
c) Take printouts of each Jewelry Group in A4 size paper [2 copies].
d) Make an Excel Sheet, for the Summary of the Jewelry Sheets. And place a Value against each group.
e) Total the Excel Sheet Value, in the end.

*Eg. 1.Rings, 2.Bangles & Bracelets, 3.Chains & Necklaces, 4.Cummerbunds, 5.Diamond Sets, 6.Ear-Rings & Pendants, 7.Head-Bands & Chokers etc. (each in one group/sheet). [the Title Heading can vary as per your choice & requirement]

STEP-3: [Major Step]
a) Fill-out the form B4, as per the 8 Title Headings AND write the Total Value of each Excel Sheet.
b) Make a box [by hand] at the End of the 8 rows' Value Column. Write the Total Value* of the Goods.
c) For the Name field, write the PA's name.
d) For the Importer's Address, write the Canadian Address.
e) For the Country of Export, write your Home Country's Name.
f) For the Goods to Follow BOX [below the list rows], "Tick" it.
g) At Page-2 of the form B4, "Tick" the Newcomer BOX.
h) Bottom of the Page-2, Sign, Date [the day of Landing] & Location [write your Landing POE's name].

*U must write the Total Value of the entire goods, as that's needed by the CBSA to log on their system.

STEP-4:
a) Print-it out [on regular A4 sheets], both pages [1 & 2] separately.
b) Take 2 printouts [one for the CBSA & one for U, with their Stamp, Sign & Date].
c) Staple all the Excel Sheets & the Jewelry Sheets, into each form B4.

NOTE:
1. Do not forget to take 2 printouts of each form B4 and its attachments. One will be kept by them.
2. Do not forget to take pics of the Jewelry. Else, they'll not accept it
3. Do not forget to get it stamped on landing. Sometimes the BSO doesn't ask. It's our prerogative.

*In that case they'll ask u to get it by email & visit the airport the next day for stamping your B4. Though it can be done, but u get into unnecessary hassles, time & effort. And u just have 24 hrs to do so. Which is an avoidable tension. Isn't it?

WHERE TO FIND THE FORM?
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Hope that helped.
Qorax

difo

Nov 22, 2016
Hello all,

I want to ask is there a limit of how much value we put in good to follow? I am now preparing the list as we are doing short land next month. We are now making an estimated list of good to follow and hope to put as much items as possible or some future planned to buy items to bring over to Canada.

(1) With all the wedding jewellaries, gold items and other stuff, I have added up a list of over CAD 140,000. Will that be too much? All gold and wedding gifts I am able to provide picture.

(2) Do I need to take picture of all other miscellaneous items like furniture, electrical appliances, toys, clothing, etc? Is that electrical appliance and products need to provide serial number and receipts?

(3) For expensive items like jewelleries, watches, furniture, do I need to separate them 1 row each? that means: golden ring #1; golden ring #2; Cartier watch; Frank Muller watch, etc or simply 10 pieces of golden rings; 8 pieces of diamond bracelet, etc (haha, of course i dont have that much, it's just an example)

Since I am doing a short landing with goods to follow, does that mean I need 2 different set of Bsf186 and Bsf 186a / excel sheet?

Thanks all!

Hi did u get a reply to ur queries ? I intend to do soft landing too in July so looking for forms.

difo

Nov 22, 2016
I will be doing my short landing on the 14th of this month. Just wanted to confirm, I don't actually have to fill in these two specific forms, I can prepare my own lists of accompanying goods and goods to follow, correct?

Edited to add, I also have a cat that I will be bringing with me later on. Should I include her in the list of goods to follow as well the declaration form?

HI, I ALSO INTEND TO DO SHORT LANDING IN JULY AND COME PERMANENTLY AT THE END OF 2018.

CAN U SHARE WITH ME UR EXPERIENCE ?

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Hi

I did my short landing back in May 2016 but I am returning to canada this June

I cant find the Goods to Accompany b4 form anywhere. Has the form changed? Also is it compulsory to submit this at immigration upon landing or can i just drop it at the airport at any given day while im in Canda?

Plz guide

May 28, 2017
I have a question. I hope someone can answer ASAP since we'll be moving to Canada already next week.

I'm categorizing my clothes based on which member of the family own which set of clothes in the Accompanying Goods list. If I keep this categorization, will the categories be considered as items which each family member has to declare individually? Or are they taken together with the rest of the stuff? One of us is in charge of declaring for us.

tbone1982

May 19, 2017
Hi

I did my short landing back in May 2016 but I am returning to canada this June

I cant find the Goods to Accompany b4 form anywhere. Has the form changed? Also is it compulsory to submit this at immigration upon landing or can i just drop it at the airport at any given day while im in Canda?

Plz guide
I'm having the same issue. Can't find this form anywhere. Did you have any luck finding it?

crewbunk

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi did u get a reply to ur queries ? I intend to do soft landing too in July so looking for forms.
I have already done the soft landing in YYZ airport and would like to do some sharing:
1. I have prepared 2 set of forms for accompany goods and good to follow, But the officer didn't even touch or look at the accompany good one. They only focus on the form with goods to follow. So I suggest, try to bring as much stuff as u can in ur first landing as they dont even check our suitcases at all.

2. For the good to follow forms. We have filled the cover form and also use the B4A to list out all the items one by one. So far we have use 8 pages to list out. We only list out those expensive items (jewllaries, watches, branded bags, electronics, furniture) one on each row. The rest of the times we only put it in this way "clothing x 10 boxes, 600 CAD, kitchenwares x 10 boxes, 500 CAD, toiletwares x 5 boxes, 100CAD), etc.

3. Since there is only 8 empty rows on the cover form, I summed out those items in the 8 pages of B4A and catagorize them into 8 key areas (jewllaries, electronic items, luxury watches & bags, furniture, clothing, miscellaneous, etc) and only put the added total amount in the cover form.

4. Besides that, I took photo of each items listed in the 8 pages and print them out to cross references those B4A sheets. The file name of each photo can be the page number of B4A followed by the row number (i.e. 1.1 - 1.26 ; 2.1 - 2.26 as there are 26 rows in each page)

The officer was impressed with what I did and praised me. hahahha.... There is no maximum amount we put in the list.

Hope this helps. good luck everyone.

married_ind

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
Hello everyone,

My wife's coming to Canada as a PR soon. I wanted to know if she needs to bring more than 1 copy of "goods to follow" list if she's going to receive more than one package, at different times?

And does it actually cost money to pick up the shipping? If so, how much? The stuff she's going to be shipping won't be very expensive. Thanks!

masoun

Feb 9, 2015
india
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw [img width=90 height=120]http://www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Geography_and_History/International_Flags/india.gif[/img]
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
start processing on 01.06.2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
4th june2015
Interview........
third line--12.6.15
Passport Req..
19.6.15 ( pp submitted on 22nd june )
VISA ISSUED...
pp revceived 3.7.2015(visa issue date 15.6.15)
LANDED..........
[img width=75 height=50]http://www.animationbuddy.com/Animation/Transportation/Planes/man_on_a_plane.gif[/img]
I short landed in 2015 in vancouver but forget to submit form B4 at that time ....
but now going permanently in september could anyone tell me can I do this time means to submit form this time as I have many things to bring ??????

shazfa

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
Doc's Request.
10-01-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2014
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
05-01-2015
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
11-03-2017
Passport Req..
03-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2017
If i am doing a soft landing now and would be permanently coming next year to settle, and i have some stuff to bring with me when i would come to live permanently.

1. Do i have to submit the Follow up form on during soft landing ?
2. The follow up good are allowed to come in the plane cargo with me or they have to come via shipping ??

s.abuhass

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Hello guys, I am planning to land soon but I cant find these forms anywhere! did the naming change? and can you please share the link if possible?