+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to upload the ECA report for BE and MS but uploaded the degree certificat

rnimk

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hello fellow forumists,

I would really appreciate your answers on something,
I submitted my application for PR through Express Entry, I received ITA on 16th November 2016, and submitted the application on 23rd January 2017. However I think I may have done a big mistake by forgetting to upload the ECA report given to us by WES. Me and my husband both have M.S degrees from US and BE degrees from India. We have gotten the M.S evaluated by WES and the report numbers are logged in the express entry profile that we created. However I did not scan the report and attach it with the supporting documents, I did upload the BE and MS degree certificates though. We also explained that we have this ECA report evaluated already in the Letter of Explanation. Because we are still waiting for my husband's WES evaluation for his BE degree and we wrote that in the letter.

I would be interested in knowing your experience, if you forgot any document, is the system forgiving, do they contact you and ask for it?

Looking forward to hear from everyone,
Thank you.
- A worried soul :( :eek:

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
rnimk said:
Hello fellow forumists,

I would really appreciate your answers on something,
I submitted my application for PR through Express Entry, I received ITA on 16th November 2016, and submitted the application on 23rd January 2017. However I think I may have done a big mistake by forgetting to upload the ECA report given to us by WES. Me and my husband both have M.S degrees from US and BE degrees from India. We have gotten the M.S evaluated by WES and the report numbers are logged in the express entry profile that we created. However I did not scan the report and attach it with the supporting documents, I did upload the BE and MS degree certificates though. We also explained that we have this ECA report evaluated already in the Letter of Explanation. Because we are still waiting for my husband's WES evaluation for his BE degree and we wrote that in the letter.

I would be interested in knowing your experience, if you forgot any document, is the system forgiving, do they contact you and ask for it?

Looking forward to hear from everyone,
Thank you.
- A worried soul :( :eek:

You have your WES information already updated in the application and also updated in LOE the reason for not uploading the scanned wes doc. You can upload the scanned doc when CIC requests, you should not get stressed out as you have not done anything wrong.

rnimk

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Thank you so much, I feel a bit relieved, this forum is really great. Will wait for them to contact us then. :)

sreedharreddi

Jan 23, 2017
Hello rnimk,

I have done MS in us and I think i can get ECA for MS transcripts, but how can i get it done for BE? do we need this ECA for BE as well or only MS would be enough?

appreciate your response.

thanks
sp

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
sreedharreddi said:
Hello rnimk,

I have done MS in us and I think i can get ECA for MS transcripts, but how can i get it done for BE? do we need this ECA for BE as well or only MS would be enough?

thanks
sp
Getting ECA for MS is more than enough.

rnimk

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
sreedharreddi said:
Hello rnimk,

thanks
sp
Hey,

I did get my BE evaluated, so I sent that in using the Case Specific Inquiry.

huma757

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi everyone, is there any update on this. I am starting to worry as I also didn't include the ECA scan in my supporting documents section of the PR application. I've copied and pasted an enquiry I made in another thread. Your advice would be much appreciated:
---
Hi everyone, thank you for this. I note the part where you have written reasons for rejection: 'Not including ECA report or only including ECA number'. I am just starting to panic slightly.

I submitted my application this month. In the section of the application where you upload your supporting documents, I only saw the information: Education (diplomas/degrees) (required) ?
You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree. Examples of post-secondary education are:
Bachelor's degree

• This is an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum (also called a baccalaureate). Example: a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education.
Master's degree

• This is an academic degree awarded by a graduate school of a college or university.
It didn't say anything about uploading the ECA in the supporting documents section. I included the ECA number previously. Will my application now be refused??

Thanks,

Huma

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
Hi everyone, is there any update on this. I am starting to worry as I also didn't include the ECA scan in my supporting documents section of the PR application. I've copied and pasted an enquiry I made in another thread. Your advice would be much appreciated:
---
Hi everyone, thank you for this. I note the part where you have written reasons for rejection: 'Not including ECA report or only including ECA number'. I am just starting to panic slightly.

I submitted my application this month. In the section of the application where you upload your supporting documents, I only saw the information: Education (diplomas/degrees) (required) ?
You must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree. Examples of post-secondary education are:
Bachelor's degree

• This is an academic degree awarded by a college or university to those who completed an undergraduate curriculum (also called a baccalaureate). Example: a Bachelor of Arts, Science or Education.
Master's degree

• This is an academic degree awarded by a graduate school of a college or university.
It didn't say anything about uploading the ECA in the supporting documents section. I included the ECA number previously. Will my application now be refused??

Thanks,

Huma

Hey, I uploaded my educational certificates but forgot to upload the ECA. What happened with you?

huma757

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hey, I uploaded my educational certificates but forgot to upload the ECA. What happened with you?
Hey, not to worry. It doesn't explicitly request an eca upload with the certificates. I sent my eca via an attachment case specific enquo