+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Quebec Investor, how important is education?

Alexander80

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I've noticed that many of the Canadian PR pathways require a secondary school qualification. Could a person who hasn't completed secondary school but who has some trade qualifications (e.g. diploma in patisserie) and who has owned a business for a few years, and who has the required CAD 800k, qualify for the Quebec Investor visa? Thanks for your help!

arunsgirl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2011 re-submitted April 1st
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
LANDED..........
16-08-2011
Absolutely yes. Education will not be a big factor if you have experience and a significant amount of money to prove you will be investing it in Canada. Quebec has a lot of patisseries, so competition will be fierce especially in the big cities like Montreal and Quebec City. Ontario is lately gaining a taste for French baking so there might be opportunities there too, and I know of a baker who made it big in Vancouver starting exactly the same way you are thinking. He immigrated via investor program, bought a property, opened a bakery/cafe/patisserie with 2 employees and himself. He worked 16 hours a day, doing all the baking and deliveries himself for the first year. Now he's been around for more than a decade, has 3 locations, 30+employees.

Good luck to you. I am sure you'll make it. Never loose hope. And we can never have enough good food in Canada. :)

Alexander80

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arunsgirl said:
Absolutely yes. Education will not be a big factor if you have experience and a significant amount of money to prove you will be investing it in Canada. Quebec has a lot of patisseries, so competition will be fierce especially in the big cities like Montreal and Quebec City. Ontario is lately gaining a taste for French baking so there might be opportunities there too, and I know of a baker who made it big in Vancouver starting exactly the same way you are thinking. He immigrated via investor program, bought a property, opened a bakery/cafe/patisserie with 2 employees and himself. He worked 16 hours a day, doing all the baking and deliveries himself for the first year. Now he's been around for more than a decade, has 3 locations, 30+employees.

Good luck to you. I am sure you'll make it. Never loose hope. And we can never have enough good food in Canada. :)
Thanks for the feedback and kind words. :)