App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
denissed said:
one more question po...

i have a 1 year old baby boy, kung mgaapply po me ng SOWP is there a way para maisama ko sya? ano po b ung process and requirements? we also have other relatives there, in fact ung husband ko po ngwowork sa tito and tita nya kaya theres no problem nmn po sa mgaalaga sa kanya kht mgwork ako.

kelangan p pob ng proof of funds?
thanks po....

You can apply for your 1 year old baby as TRV and about the proof of funds, your husband payslips, bank statement, employment contract nya. Kung meron kayo joint account dito sa Pilipinas much better, pati mga remittances receipts pwede mo isama.

denissed

Jan 20, 2012
@ milleth082002
oo nga po eh un dn nabasa ko sa site nila, kaya 3x ako tumawag kasi gusto ko po tlaga mverify ung info na bngay nila sa akin para hnd naman masayang ung application ko if ever. sana nga po maging oky lahat... sisimulan ko n po mggather ng documents para mkpagpass na dn kmi ng requirements. thanks nga pala po sa info about sa TRV... sna nga po my mkapgbigay p ng additional info about our case...
Goodluck dn pala po sa application ng son m!

SugarHigh

Sep 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 11 ; Jan 4, 2012
Med's Request
Dec 29, 11 ; Jan 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 5, 2012 Med Forwarded to CEM: Jan 11, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 30, 2012 ; Visa received Feb 7, 2012
Kung Hei Fat Choi Everyone!!! :) Sana dumating na Visas natin this coming week :D!

macabanting

Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2012
AOR Received.
08-09-2012
Med's Request
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
17-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2012
LANDED..........
28-02-2013
Working temporarily in Canada: Active pilot projects

Some provinces and territories have signed agreements with CIC that address federal‑provincial /territorial collaboration on temporary foreign workers. These agreements underscore a commitment to develop pilot projects to attract certain temporary foreign workers, as well as their spouses, common-law partners and working-age dependent children to a particular province or territory.

Who is Eligible?

British Columbia

Open work permits are available to spouses, common‑law partners and working-age dependants (18‑22) of most TFWs employed in British Columbia. More information is available here.

Application dealine: February 15, 2013

[/quote]

nabasa ko naman ito sis, ngumiti na naman ang heart ko, sa B.C. hubby ko as NOC D. wait ko lang new wp ni hubby and i'll go with SOWP... now decided na ko since may mapag iiwanan na ko ng 7 yrs old and 2 yrs old kids ko... GOD BLESS EVERYONE... ;) ;) ;)

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
@Denissed, I think the immigration CEM is right that temporary foreign worker's spouse and dependent can come to Canada at any category. But for the low skilled worker category, spouse cannot have an open work permit but TRV only because those who are qualified for open work permit are under NOC 0, A, B.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/index.asp#low

Hide: Can my spouse or common-law partner and dependent children come with me to Canada?

Can my spouse or common-law partner and dependent children come with me to Canada?

Your spouse or common-law partner and children can come with you to Canada or visit you in Canada, but they must meet all the requirements for temporary residents to Canada: they must satisfy an officer that they will only stay in Canada temporarily, and they may have to prove that they have no criminal record. If your spouse or common-law partner and children need temporary resident visas, they must also meet all the conditions for obtaining those visas.All applicants must complete and sign their own individual form, including persons travelling as a family. Applicants who are under the age of 18 must have their form signed by a parent or guardian.

If your spouse or common-law partner and children all apply separately, they must each fill out an application form.

If your family members want to follow you to Canada later, they must each fill out a separate application form.

Important: You may have to provide a marriage certificate and birth certificates for any accompanying family members. If you are in a common-law relationship and your common-law partner will be accompanying you to Canada, you may have to complete the form, Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union, and provide the evidence listed in it to support your relationship.

Hide: Can my spouse or common-law partner work in Canada?

Can my spouse or common-law partner work in Canada?

If your spouse or common-law partner wants to work while in Canada, they must apply for their own work permit. Normally, they must meet the same requirements that you do, including obtaining (if needed) a labour market opinion from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.

However, your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible to apply for an “open” work permit that will allow her or him to accept any job with any employer if you meet the conditions outlined below.

A. You are authorized to work in Canada for six months or longer and the work you are doing while you live in Canada meets a minimum skill level (usually work that would require at least a college diploma). Specifically, your job must be listed in Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.

Note: If you are the holder of a Post-Graduation Work Permit, which is a type of open work permit, your spouse will need to attach a copy of your work permit to his or her application for an open work permit. Your spouse will also need to provide information about your employment by attaching supporting documents, including:
•A letter from your current employer confirming employment or a copy of your employment offer or contract; AND
•A copy of one of your pay slips.

Or

B. You are authorized to work in Canada and your spouse or common-law partner is eligible for a work permit through an active pilot project. Find out more.

In each of the above cases, your spouse’s permit will be valid for the same period as yours.

If you meet these requirements, your spouse may apply for an open work permit. Your spouse’s permit will be valid for the same period as your authorization to work in Canada. If your job does not fall within the categories listed above, your spouse may still apply for a work permit, but it will have to be for a specific job and in most cases, the employer will have to obtain a labour market opinion (the normal authorization required for the employer to hire you) from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada.

In some cases, your spouse or partner will need a medical examination.

If they have not already applied overseas, spouses and partners may apply for their work permit from within Canada.

http://www.passportal.net/canadian-visas/canadian-work-permit.aspx

No Work Permits for Spouses
The spouse of a Low-Skill Pilot worker is not eligible for an open Work Permit. Although applicants may apply to have their spouses and dependent children accompany them to Canada, officers may be concerned regarding the applicant’s intention to return to their home country later and also the ability of the applicant to support their dependents while in Canada.

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
@macabanting Welcome back sa forum. I remember ikaw yung unang una na nag reply sa post ko noon. Of course you can apply for SOWP at sana isabay mo na rin yung sa mga anak mo. I'm sure makakahanap ka naman ng work doon at mapagtutulungan all the expenses there. At alam ko free naman education ng mga bata. Mas masarap pa rin kung sama sama kayo di ba? Good luck at kung may mga tanong ka sa pag file mo at nandito lang kami lahat. I will pray for you .

macabanting

Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2012
AOR Received.
08-09-2012
Med's Request
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
17-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2012
LANDED..........
28-02-2013
milleth082002 said:
@ macabanting Welcome back sa forum. I remember ikaw yung unang una na nag reply sa post ko noon. Of course you can apply for SOWP at sana isabay mo na rin yung sa mga anak mo. I'm sure makakahanap ka naman ng work doon at mapagtutulungan all the expenses there. At alam ko free naman education ng mga bata. Mas masarap pa rin kung sama sama kayo di ba? Good luck at kung may mga tanong ka sa pag file mo at nandito lang kami lahat. I will pray for you .
sis everyday akong nasa forum hehehe, lagi ako nagbabasa, kaya update ako sa inyong lahat.. am happy sa inyong lahat... sis hindi ko pwede isama kids ko kasi low skilled worker lang si hubby. but its ok, sabi naman ni hubby madali lang daw at makukuha namin ang mga bata, magtulungan muna kami ngayon sa pag work. thanks sis... God Bless... sis pm mo sakin fb account mo.. thanks again... :-* :-* :-*

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
@ Macabanting May PM ako sayo. Add ko sa FB

macabanting

Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2012
AOR Received.
08-09-2012
Med's Request
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
17-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2012
LANDED..........
28-02-2013
milleth082002 said:
@ Macabanting May PM ako sayo. Add ko sa FB
na add na po kita, paki accept nalang.. thanks... ;) ;) ;)

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
Ask ko lang kung ano na nga ang ilalagay sa likod ng Manager's Check? medyo nakalimutan ko na kasi yung consultant ko nag prepare ng mga docs namin at di ko na maalaala. Kasi mag-submit na ko ako next week sa anak ko na lalaki.

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
@ nigella, chel, manellie, ailooney, and ate milleth: Thank you so much po sa mga advice nyo... We went to Festi Mall kanina and bought some knitted clothings at Terranova (thanks sis nigella!!), para lang may magamit sa pag-alis.. And I will take your advice na dun na bumili ng iba dhil bulky nga naman po.. Ang hahanapin ko pa po is yung pang winter talaga.. We've been to M & S at Alabang Town Center and I saw one pero super duper expensive, so I resorted to buying hand and nail cream and my favorite digestive choco biscuits... :p

@ gandanglola, salamat sa tips mo po... Nakabili din me ng nail kit and ibang kikay stuff, malapit na mag bye bye sa manicure, pedicure and foot spa na twice a month.. :( I'll be on my own when we get there, di bale, sbhin ko ke hubby magaral para malinisan nya ko :p Good luck sa work permit, sana po dumating na para makaapply na family mo po.. ;)

@ ianovy, hello sister... narespond ko napo sa fb yun unang query mo, nun nabasa ko un message mo.. Yun namang sa document checklist, sa separate paper yun mga documents na isusubmit mo na wala sa checklist... Good luck, sis...Post ka lang po kung may concerns... :D

@ chel, vinzoy, kenj, and sugarhigh: God says this WILL be your week... Yahoooo!!!! Congratulations in advance!!! Harangin nyo napo ang air21... ;D :D

@ ate milleth: Thanks ate milleth, I agree with you, si God ang pinaka best guidance counsellor natin... !! Idol kita pagdating sa faith..Instrument ka ni Lord para palakasin ang loob nating lahat... Pwedeng mag ala-oxie, hopefully VISA nadin po kayo ni daughter mo this week... :D Yun sa likod po ng MC, name lang po ang ilalagay...

@ annz, this is gonna be the week for your daughter.. Nice meeting you and the two adorable kids!!! O di ba mga ka-sis at bro, wala kaming usapan ni sis annz, talaga lang inaadya ng pagkakataon na magmeet kami sa supermarket kanina, at nakilala namin ang isa't isa... Sana ma-meet ko din kayo lahat... ;D

@ jars and minsky, hello kumusta kayo? Update nyo kami sa application nyo ha.. Good luck.. :)

@ macabanting, hello sis!!! Good luck... Pagpray namin ang LMO at work permit renewal ng hubby mo.. ;D

@ dennised.. Hi! welcome to the thread...(sis ailooney and ate milleth, makikisagot po ako kay denissed)

Hello sis denissed! I was able to read this link (OP 14 – Processing Applicants for Live-in Caregiver Program)

5.10. Family members who wish to accompany a live-in caregiver on a LCP work permit

Family members do not normally accompany live-in caregivers who are coming to Canada on a LCP work permit. Even when an employer agrees that a family member may reside with the caregiver in the residence of the persons for whom they are providing care, there are no guarantees that any subsequent employer would agree to the same terms. Furthermore, the income of the caregiver may not be sufficient to care for and support their family member(s) in Canada. Live-in caregivers who wish to bring their family member(s) with them while they are on a work permit under the LCP will not be permitted to do so unless they satisfy an officer that they have sufficient funds to care for and support the family member(s) in Canada, the family member(s) are not otherwise inadmissible and they have permission to live in the home of the person(s) for whom they are to provide care.
source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op14-eng.pdf...

Sis, the first premise on this content is on the non-affirmative side, but I believe if you could prove to the VO the highlighted requirements in the last part for you to be allowed to accompany your spouse, then you would do just fine... But I agree with ailooney and ate milleth that you will only be granted a TRV and not SOWP. Sis, if you don't mind, I suggest that you call the CEM for the last time, and talk to a different agent.... Also, write down the name of the person you've had conversation with and include the details of your conversation in your cover letter.

We're here if you need help and we'll be most glad to assist you...I'll also try to research more about your situation... Good luck if ever you intend to pursue your application. We'll include it in our prayers.... God bless :)

Good night dear friends and let us not forget to thank Him for every blessing He has given us... Sana po Lord maapprove po lahat ng visa namin in Your perfect time... :) Sa mga ka-sis naming nasa Canada na, hello sa inyo.. Enjoy being with your family... :D All the best... :) ;D God bless, everyone!! ;D :D :D

ianovy16

Star Member
Aug 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 01, 2012
AOR Received.
MARCH 9, 2012
Med's Request
MARCH 9, 2012
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ynoweh said:
@ nigella, chel, manellie, ailooney, and ate milleth: Thank you so much po sa mga advice nyo... We went to Festi Mall kanina and bought some knitted clothings at Terranova (thanks sis nigella!!), para lang may magamit sa pag-alis.. And I will take your advice na dun na bumili ng iba dhil bulky nga naman po.. Ang hahanapin ko pa po is yung pang winter talaga.. We've been to M & S at Alabang Town Center and I saw one pero super duper expensive, so I resorted to buying hand and nail cream and my favorite digestive choco biscuits... :p

@ gandanglola, salamat sa tips mo po... Nakabili din me ng nail kit and ibang kikay stuff, malapit na mag bye bye sa manicure, pedicure and foot spa na twice a month.. :( I'll be on my own when we get there, di bale, sbhin ko ke hubby magaral para malinisan nya ko :p Good luck sa work permit, sana po dumating na para makaapply na family mo po.. ;)

@ ianovy, hello sister... narespond ko napo sa fb yun unang query mo, nun nabasa ko un message mo.. Yun namang sa document checklist, sa separate paper yun mga documents na isusubmit mo na wala sa checklist... Good luck, sis...Post ka lang po kung may concerns... :D Sis nabasa ko na po. as in ngayon lang. wala po kasi lumalabas nun mga nakaraang araw. :)thank you po.

@ chel, vinzoy, kenj, and sugarhigh: God says this WILL be your week... Yahoooo!!!! Congratulations in advance!!! Harangin nyo napo ang air21... ;D :D

@ ate milleth: Thanks ate milleth, I agree with you, si God ang pinaka best guidance counsellor natin... !! Idol kita pagdating sa faith..Instrument ka ni Lord para palakasin ang loob nating lahat... Pwedeng mag ala-oxie, hopefully VISA nadin po kayo ni daughter mo this week... :D Yun sa likod po ng MC, name lang po ang ilalagay...

@ annz, this is gonna be the week for your daughter.. Nice meeting you and the two adorable kids!!! O di ba mga ka-sis at bro, wala kaming usapan ni sis annz, talaga lang inaadya ng pagkakataon na magmeet kami sa supermarket kanina, at nakilala namin ang isa't isa... Sana ma-meet ko din kayo lahat... ;D

@ jars and minsky, hello kumusta kayo? Update nyo kami sa application nyo ha.. Good luck.. :)

@ macabanting, hello sis!!! Good luck... Pagpray namin ang LMO at work permit renewal ng hubby mo.. ;D

@ dennised.. Hi! welcome to the thread...(sis ailooney and ate milleth, makikisagot po ako kay denissed)

Hello sis denissed! I was able to read this link (OP 14 – Processing Applicants for Live-in Caregiver Program)

5.10. Family members who wish to accompany a live-in caregiver on a LCP work permit

Family members do not normally accompany live-in caregivers who are coming to Canada on a LCP work permit. Even when an employer agrees that a family member may reside with the caregiver in the residence of the persons for whom they are providing care, there are no guarantees that any subsequent employer would agree to the same terms. Furthermore, the income of the caregiver may not be sufficient to care for and support their family member(s) in Canada. Live-in caregivers who wish to bring their family member(s) with them while they are on a work permit under the LCP will not be permitted to do so unless they satisfy an officer that they have sufficient funds to care for and support the family member(s) in Canada, the family member(s) are not otherwise inadmissible and they have permission to live in the home of the person(s) for whom they are to provide care.
source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op14-eng.pdf...

Sis, the first premise on this content is on the non-affirmative side, but I believe if you could prove to the VO the highlighted requirements in the last part for you to be allowed to accompany your spouse, then you would do just fine... But I agree with ailooney and ate milleth that you will only be granted a TRV and not SOWP. Sis, if you don't mind, I suggest that you call the CEM for the last time, and talk to a different agent.... Also, write down the name of the person you've had conversation with and include the details of your conversation in your cover letter.

We're here if you need help and we'll be most glad to assist you...I'll also try to research more about your situation... Good luck if ever you intend to pursue your application. We'll include it in our prayers.... God bless :)

Good night dear friends and let us not forget to thank Him for every blessing He has given us... Sana po Lord maapprove po lahat ng visa namin in Your perfect time... :) Sa mga ka-sis naming nasa Canada na, hello sa inyo.. Enjoy being with your family... :D All the best... :) ;D God bless, everyone!! ;D :D :D

Nigella15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 22, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan. 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 7, 2012; VISA RECEIVED: Feb. 29, 2012
LANDED..........
March 13, 2012
milleth082002 said:
Ask ko lang kung ano na nga ang ilalagay sa likod ng Manager's Check? medyo nakalimutan ko na kasi yung consultant ko nag prepare ng mga docs namin at di ko na maalaala. Kasi mag-submit na ko ako next week sa anak ko na lalaki.
hi ate, actually, wala akong sinulat sa likod nang check ko coz i forgot to ask CEM :) pero, yun iba, alam ko they wrote their name at the back :)

God bless your son's application! We'll pray for it! :)

Nigella15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 22, 2011
AOR Received.
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan. 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 7, 2012; VISA RECEIVED: Feb. 29, 2012
LANDED..........
March 13, 2012
ynoweh said:
Hi Ynoweh, sarap naman at nag shoshopping ka na! I agree, mahal sa M&S, pero yun mga leggings nila, mura kaya yun ang mga binili ko dun :) Nung ni try ko nga, iba yun material nya, parang itchy sa balat coz pang winter nga ata talaga :) If you're planning to buy thermal undies, sa Greenhills na lang... :)

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
Nigella15 said:
hi ate, actually, wala akong sinulat sa likod nang check ko coz i forgot to ask CEM :) pero, yun iba, alam ko they wrote their name at the back :)

God bless your son's application! We'll pray for it! :)

@Nigella15 Thank you for the prayer. I called CEM kanina and ask kung yung i-file ko na application ng anak ko would affect doon sa on going process ng work permit at study permit ng anak ko na babae, she told me if would not affect at all kasi daw they handle it differently each application at on process na sa amin dahil nag-meds na kami. Kaya lumakas ang loob ko na ituloy na yung sa anak ko na lalaki ang by thursday pick up ng application nya. By faith, alam ko lahat kami makakarating sa Canada dahil kahit kailan He never fail my prayers in His perfect time. And all of us will be reunited with our love ones in His perfect time. :) :) :) I'm sure many of us ay parang naiinip na kung kailan halos abot kamay na natin yung hinihingi natin sa Kanya pero isipin na lang natin, He will always give the best time for us, kasi gusto nya yung Best not good not better. :)