+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PINOY: About Express Entry Application. Share your idea!

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
hi guys..

may mga kilala ba kayong pnp waiting for ppr? nsa anong aor date na ang nkkrcve ng ppr ngaun? kasi sa tracker nsa feb 14 plang e. thanks

liz2017

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
hi guys..

may mga kilala ba kayong pnp waiting for ppr? nsa anong aor date na ang nkkrcve ng ppr ngaun? kasi sa tracker nsa feb 14 plang e. thanks
me....march 13 AOR.......193 days now

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)

liz2017

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
did you call cio? ano ng status mo sa ee account mo?
I did, sabi my file was transferred na daw sa manila visa office.....BG status sa EE profile NA pa rin.
NA since July 12....

ikaw?

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
I did, sabi my file was transferred na daw sa manila visa office.....BG status sa EE profile NA pa rin.
NA since July 12....

ikaw?
march 3 aor pero ee profile ip1 padin. pm kita para mabilis hehe :)

abegailgilo

Oct 13, 2016
If you have any questions about migrating to Canada and you have already gotten your UIC number, I'd like to encourage you to register with YMCA's Next Stop Canada.

NextStopCanada.ca is a great way to find out about life in Canada, how to prepare for your move, what you need to do before you leave your home country and how you can bring your belongings tax free when you land in Canada.

It is a CIC funded program to help people from allover the world who are in the process of coming to Canada or have done a short landing.

They focus on the needs of the entire family, youth, adults and elders; and though they are focused on Ontario, they are offering Canada wide resources.

They are a team of immigrants themselves who speak many different languages and want to share their insider knowledge which is extremely important to know before arriving in Canada. It can save you money, time and bring you on a clearer road to success.

These services are free, as the Canadian Government funds them especially for you!

Ask them everything you want to know! Contact them as many times as you need answers.

You can contact all the pre-arrival services funded by CIC, you have the right to use all of them for free. If you dont like a service , you may move on to the next one until you find a good fit for you.

You need one of these documents to register:

Medical Examination or Security request letter
Letter requesting for passport submission
IRCC invitation letter to obtain pre-arrival services
Canadian Permanent Resident Visa
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter

athelene

Sep 25, 2017
Hello, forum newbie here. :)

I've been reading the posts in this thread and I'm really grateful for the helpful information pertaining the EE. It made me realize how much work/effort it requires to migrate to Canada and how I should prepare for a lot of things, hehe. Congrats po sa mga nakapagmigrate na and to those na pupunta na ng Canada!

I've been thinking of migrating to Canada for a while now, but I never checked the actual requirements until lately. I'd like to ask if anyone (or anyone you know) na architect who has successfully migrated to Canada? I'm somewhat an entry level architectural designer (with 4+ years of experience, the first two of which was internship--the required internship to take the board exam in the Philippines). I'm a bit unsure whether to select the Architect (NOC category A) or Architectural Technician (NOC category B) job title, because the job description seems very similar. The work I do is mostly office work (CAD, 3D), although during my internship I was able to do a bit of project management/site supervision. In my current office I rarely meet clients or consultants.

I'm looking to start my EE profile by middle or end of next year (I'm still saving up for the POF) to try to apply for FSW-outland. Is the POF required already if let's say I opt for PNP now (maybe Ontario), considering it takes months to get nominated?

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
I'm looking to start my EE profile by middle or end of next year (I'm still saving up for the POF) to try to apply for FSW-outland. Is the POF required already if let's say I opt for PNP now (maybe Ontario), considering it takes months to get nominated?
Hi Kabayan! I can't answer the PNP queries but I just wanted to share these:

Just a thought: since you're an architect and in the construction, engineering and design industry, have you considered moving to British Columbia? The industry in northern BC is booming. http://info.prepareforcanada.com/live-webinars-for-newcomers-to-canada (they hold the webinar for BC monthly so you can attend the next one)... I have no other info on their PN program though.

A side note: architectural graduates are not necessary architects in Canada-- watch the video of Dr. Laroche on youtube, which explains a bit how the Canadian job market and job titles work. He actually uses 'architects' as the example.
So yeah, look at the NOC descriptions closely (versus the job title) which ever matches your job responsibility better.

Reactions: athelene

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
If I recall correctly, you should already have the funds in your account at least 3 months prior to the (submission of) application, and then you must maintain it throughout the processing period (i.e. post-ITA).

Try checking your potential scores too using the "Come to Canada" tool or the CRS calculator here. If you have enough points (>400), you might not even need a PNP. :) Most PNPs nowadays have their own processing fees.

athelene

Sep 25, 2017
Just a thought: since you're an architect and in the construction, engineering and design industry, have you considered moving to British Columbia? The industry in northern BC is booming. http://info.prepareforcanada.com/live-webinars-for-newcomers-to-canada (they hold the webinar for BC monthly so you can attend the next one)... I have no other info on their PN program though.

A side note: architectural graduates are not necessary architects in Canada-- watch the video of Dr. Laroche on youtube, which explains a bit how the Canadian job market and job titles work. He actually uses 'architects' as the example.
So yeah, look at the NOC descriptions closely (versus the job title) which ever matches your job responsibility better.
Thank you for the link. I am open to trying BC, although my preference is Ontario, as I have mother-side relatives that migrated there a few years ago (they're now Canadian citizens). I'll do a more thorough look again at the NOC descriptions then; but I really hope someone with architectural background can share their experience about choosing which NOC code they used. :D

If I recall correctly, you should already have the funds in your account at least 3 months prior to the (submission of) application, and then you must maintain it throughout the processing period (i.e. post-ITA).

Try checking your potential scores too using the "Come to Canada" tool or the CRS calculator here. If you have enough points (>400), you might not even need a PNP. :) Most PNPs nowadays have their own processing fees.
Hmm, I see. Thank you for that information. I'm about a third of the way to the required settlement fund for an individual, but my funds are in my local bank in Taiwan (where I currently work). I plan to transfer the money to my bank in the Philippines and get the bank certificate there, as I'm sure the bank certificate they will issue here will be in Chinese.

I have tried the Come to Canada tool, and it says I potentially can get 460+ points (assuming I can ace the IELTS General) with my Master's degree from Taiwan. I also tried the free degree equivalency from WES, they say that my BS in the Philippines is equivalent to Bachelor's degree (4 years) in Canada, and my Master's degree from Taiwan might be equivalent to a Master's degree in Canada.

jphong14

Sep 24, 2017
Hello everyone! Just a question, the work experience that I have is managing a Water Refilling Station station for 3 years and I think it falls under NOC 0 as a Retail Manager based on the Duties and Responsibilities. I am not the owner, a relative of mine is, and I am the one who has been handling the business. What proof of employment do you think they will ask from me aside from Reference Letters (COE), ITR, etc.

What problem(s) may I encounter? Thanks in advance!

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
Hello, forum newbie here. :)

I've been reading the posts in this thread and I'm really grateful for the helpful information pertaining the EE. It made me realize how much work/effort it requires to migrate to Canada and how I should prepare for a lot of things, hehe. Congrats po sa mga nakapagmigrate na and to those na pupunta na ng Canada!

I've been thinking of migrating to Canada for a while now, but I never checked the actual requirements until lately. I'd like to ask if anyone (or anyone you know) na architect who has successfully migrated to Canada? I'm somewhat an entry level architectural designer (with 4+ years of experience, the first two of which was internship--the required internship to take the board exam in the Philippines). I'm a bit unsure whether to select the Architect (NOC category A) or Architectural Technician (NOC category B) job title, because the job description seems very similar. The work I do is mostly office work (CAD, 3D), although during my internship I was able to do a bit of project management/site supervision. In my current office I rarely meet clients or consultants.

Hello! If in case you really do get a CRS of 460, you're eligible for direct ITA. no need to go through any PNP and yoi are free to live anywhere you wish.

Advise ko lang, start now. :) take your IELTS, get your ECA kasi medyo matagal din yon minsan. It could also take months. Ipon ka habang nag aantay ng results. Bababa din kasi CRS mo habang natanda ka. Madami sa OINP threads namin, gift deeds ginawa nila and they were nominated. Syempre better ang may pera na sa account talaga.

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Mga kabayan, I have a question: we squeaked by the minimum POF during application. Post PPR, our family wants to gift us some extra funds. Do we need to show where it came from (e.g. have a gift deed/ affidavit) to the immigration officer on landing? Or will they not mind the amount as long as you declare minimum to higher than minimum POF? Please and thank you po!

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello! It's been a while since I posted here. After all the issues we faced, just wanted to share the good news na officially PR na kami!

arthurmr

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Mga kabayan, I have a question: we squeaked by the minimum POF during application. Post PPR, our family wants to gift us some extra funds. Do we need to show where it came from (e.g. have a gift deed/ affidavit) to the immigration officer on landing? Or will they not mind the amount as long as you declare minimum to higher than minimum POF? Please and thank you po!
Looks like they're only concerned about the minimum since the purpose is for you to survive financially while settling down there. :)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Reactions: angelistamaria