+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

flagpolling for PGWP

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
Hi
I flag polled couple of days ago and it was really successfully done. I got everything I needed.
here is my biggest fear journey which ended very well.
1. Crossed border and reached US side at around 10.00 AM in the morning(there was no delay). on the US counter there was a helpful US border officer he took passports and informed something on radio to the office. After couple of minutes he asked us to go to the office. On office gate nice officer asked us to park and proceed to gate 2. We went inside in couple of minutes border officer on the counter called my name and asked name and purpose, then he said they have to check my vehicle. We came out and he said it's ok just go to the Canadian side, he did not checked car and showed us the way.
2. On Canadian side on road counter the officer just asked name and purpose. he said if I ever left Canada after arrival for study. I replied no then he said what you were doing on US side. He explained that you have to mention that too. Although he was really funny guy did not make any big deal on that. Further he asked us to park vehicle and go inside the office.
3.Inside the border office one officer took our passport and asked to sit. After just five minutes we were called on counter. He just took my documents. Asked me to open transcripts. Officer handling my file was really funny, He was asking fees for application to other border officers and informed me that there will be charge they are not doing it for free. LOL. He handed us our work permits. employer was open, location was unknown. checked duration, name, and condition.
4. After coming out my car was not checked even, paid 4$ for toll.
I hope this will help people who are afraid like me before going for flagpole.
from the beginning to end it took like, 1 hour process. Officer said internet is slow, otherwise it could have done in 35 minutes as in my case Each and every officer I faced were really nicest person I ever see. The only loss on flag polling is that forgot my umbrella in US border office. :D
Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: talhu

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe unless I missed it in your informative post share which crossing and which actual day of the week ?

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
Maybe unless I missed it in your informative post share which crossing and which actual day of the week ?
Peace bridge, Fort erie on wednesday 10 AM
those who confuse saying that TRV is compulsory for flagpolling is a big lie. all you need is valid status. and if you dont have online courses. they will most probably issue it right away

talhu

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Peace bridge, Fort erie on wednesday 10 AM
those who confuse saying that TRV is compulsory for flagpolling is a big lie. all you need is valid status. and if you dont have online courses. they will most probably issue it right away
Hi,
just one question.
Did you went to peace bridge by foot or car?
Cause I don't have a car so I was wondering if this crossing is good for pedestrian as well.

Thank you!

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
Hi,
just one question.
Did you went to peace bridge by foot or car?
Cause I don't have a car so I was wondering if this crossing is good for pedestrian as well.

Thank you!
I used a car, and I am afraid bro, there was no clear pedestrian crossings. If you don't have a car you can rent one or can take help from PR/citizen/valid status person who can drive you to the border.
see this somebody posted on youtube for foot crossing

talhu

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
I used a car, and I am afraid bro, there was no clear pedestrian crossings. If you don't have a car you can rent one or can take help from PR/citizen/valid status person who can drive you to the border.
see this somebody posted on youtube for foot crossing

Thanks bro!
I will call them just to confirm the pedestrian issue...